collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: No Hair is Beyond Saving(pic heavy)  (Read 3036 times)

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
Re: No Hair is Beyond Saving(pic heavy)
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2012, 05:07:58 PM »
She looks even better than new! Wonderful job. I'm so glad you stuck with it! She looks flawless.
~Foxtale~

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2012, 05:33:48 PM »
Oh.  My.  Gosh!!!  She looks incredible!

:cheer:

Unbelievable, ktt, just... wow.  Really!  And timely, too; I've just started working on a Sweetheart Sister whose hair is almost Perfume-Puff-frizzy.  Shudder.  I'm so totally going to try your techniques! ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2012, 05:57:41 PM »

Not using one of those super expensive irons helps, because you need an iron that you can control the heat. Mine has high and low settings and I tend to flick back and forth between them. The hair melts I find if it's too hot or too dry. So you have to keep the hair wet and conditioned. I comb the hair alot as it's warm and often follow the iron behind the comb and follow a pass up with combing. The trick is to work quickly and not leave it on the heat too long, and only do a couple plugs of hair at a time.

If your pony hair terrible frizz, trust me, you can't make it any worse XD Don't be afraid to learn! I was, but when I tried it, I was like "omg what have I been missing!!!"

I hope that helps, let me know if you need any links to tutorials!

Aww my poor expensive hot iron, and I will never accomplish this!  Unless I could find one like you did for a few bucks I could never justify buying an iron (wife doesn't curl her hair, and my hair is short). It's nice to know though that such lovely things can be done. My poor girls just have to stick with what can be done with boiling water and conditioner which hasn't be awful so far, but wow none of them have looked that bad either. :lol:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

TwilightsDad

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2012, 05:58:12 PM »
Good work!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2012, 06:59:21 PM »
ooh I love seeing restoration threads!! :frolic: her hair looks awesome now - well done!!!   :bigups:  :accomplished:  :happy:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Twizel

• Switchblade Kitten
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • This crown gives me a feeling of power! POWER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2012, 07:04:50 PM »
I love trying to save pony hair, but I will only do it if its a pony I intend to keep in its original state, and not if its a cancerous bait pony. I have a couple ponies lined up for hair baths, now I think of it. *fingers itch to comb pony hair*

Offline Jenni

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Motion Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2012, 06:37:18 AM »
Wow!  I can't believe how awesome she came out!  You give me hope for my ponies with frizzy, but not-as-frizzy-as-her-before-pictures hair.  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal