collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do you react when you lose an auction?  (Read 5512 times)

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
Re: How do you react when you lose an auction?
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2012, 02:03:39 AM »

I did this once before too! I didn't think I would win. I knew I didn't have the money, but I knew if I did by some chance win, my husband would bail me out. Which I did win, and he did bail me out. But then when I got the item, I had to re-sell it to pay him back! I also never did that again. I felt like such an idiot/bad wife, but he was nice about it and felt like the hero helping me out so I didn't have to use my credit card. This was waaaay back though. I have evolved as a bidder since then.  lol

Haha, I like it... The Evolution of a Bidder. ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2012, 02:12:51 AM »
when i first started ebay, i would get a serious adrenline rush every time an auction was getting close. though at this time everything was dial up, so sometimes when you refreshed it the auction would be over before it got back.
i used to get super mad, angry, sad and sometimes depressed about an auction.
what i've learned over the years is that if you wait long enough the same item or close to will appear again. yeah sometimes the deal isn't as great, but the timing in your life is better.  like maybe you have a little more money next time you see it. either way. i take it in strides, and set a limit for each auction. of course there are some i want to win more. but i haven't had many that make me upset not to get anymore.

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2012, 02:18:39 AM »
when i first started ebay, i would get a serious adrenline rush every time an auction was getting close. though at this time everything was dial up, so sometimes when you refreshed it the auction would be over before it got back.
i used to get super mad, angry, sad and sometimes depressed about an auction.
what i've learned over the years is that if you wait long enough the same item or close to will appear again. yeah sometimes the deal isn't as great, but the timing in your life is better.  like maybe you have a little more money next time you see it. either way. i take it in strides, and set a limit for each auction. of course there are some i want to win more. but i haven't had many that make me upset not to get anymore.

I so relate with the whole adrenaline rush thing.  Clammy hands, hot and cold flashes, racing heart... craziness.  Thankfully now, as a seasoned eBayer, that feeling has lessened a great deal.  And like you said, if you wait long enough, eventually the item you wanted will crop back up again, and usually at a better time.  Not always, but often.  And at the end of the day, if we're honest, it's stuff we want, not stuff we need.  It's tough, but life does go on without ponies.  :P

~Pony Wish List~

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2012, 02:29:24 AM »

I so relate with the whole adrenaline rush thing.  Clammy hands, hot and cold flashes, racing heart... craziness.  Thankfully now, as a seasoned eBayer, that feeling has lessened a great deal.  And like you said, if you wait long enough, eventually the item you wanted will crop back up again, and usually at a better time.  Not always, but often.  And at the end of the day, if we're honest, it's stuff we want, not stuff we need.  It's tough, but life does go on without ponies.  :P
true that! though my biggest temptation was always pokemon. i've only bought a few ponies for my niece, some for my friend (sajinokami on arena) and then just recently from someone who only had them posted in there from arena. but i'm super excited! got a non-flocked wind-whistler and northstar! no i don't have to finish deflocking the ones i have!! sorry get a little excited. pretty proud to say. even with all my buying in the last month only 5 of the ponies are for my permanent collection. the rest are gifts. plus i'll be selling or trading about 60 so ponies by the end of this month. do you think auction or arena are better?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 02:31:32 AM by rosierjay »

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2012, 03:20:08 AM »
true that! though my biggest temptation was always pokemon. i've only bought a few ponies for my niece, some for my friend (sajinokami on arena) and then just recently from someone who only had them posted in there from arena. but i'm super excited! got a non-flocked wind-whistler and northstar! no i don't have to finish deflocking the ones i have!! sorry get a little excited. pretty proud to say. even with all my buying in the last month only 5 of the ponies are for my permanent collection. the rest are gifts. plus i'll be selling or trading about 60 so ponies by the end of this month. do you think auction or arena are better?

Hmm, that's tough to say.  Overall I would have to say eBay is the better option if you are looking to get them out sooner rather than later.  The arena is lovely to buy, sell, and trade on, but it often takes a bit longer to work out all the details.  My favourite way to sell on eBay is to have a bid or BIN option, or BIN/Make Offer.  I never do the starting bid lower than what I'd actually be willing to sell for, though, so if you start out with 99 cents, make sure you're okay with it selling for that.  Oh, and if I start out that low, I don't bother with a BIN option.  But honestly, it all comes down to how you prefer doing things.  One might sound better on paper, but in practice you discover you prefer another format.  Good luck with whatever you decide to do -- hope that helped somewhat. :)

~Pony Wish List~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal