collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: First Pony  (Read 2098 times)

Offline StarDapple

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong!
    • View Profile
Re: First Pony
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2012, 06:36:03 AM »
I'm not sure if she was my very first pony, but I do remember playing with Sunspot all the time.  I sadly lost her a long time ago.  The first pony in my new collection though, is Hippity Hop.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2012, 06:37:35 AM »
Baby Glider, the fancy pants unicorn. I still have her. She's the one I can remember owning before I started collecting in middle school.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2012, 06:51:53 AM »
Awww, I love reading which pony was everypony's first! ^.^

Mine was Blue Belle.  My gran took me to the mall to buy one, I'd had my heart set on Minty, but every shoppe we went to that had ponies had no Minty. :(  So by the time we got to the last shoppe, rather than leave with no pony, I took Blue Belle.  That sparked my fury for collecting, I think - had to get Minty, then they came out with unicorns and pegasi, and I was hooked. ^.^

I do still have Blue Belle, though her hair's all afrizz and her symbol's starting to smoodge in places, she still has an honoured place in my collection. ^.^

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

rita.sakura

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2012, 06:52:14 AM »
Bowtie [G1] and I lost her in kindergarten, so I started my collection again with another bowtie  :)

BeverlysLittlePony2012

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2012, 05:26:16 PM »
My first pony was Baby Paws. His foot stamp says '87 which is the year I was born. He is not in very good shape because I brought him everywhere when I was little but he still has a special place in my herd.

Offline MoonstoneFluff

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • I <3 Ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2012, 05:36:37 PM »
My first was G1 Glory and while my original is long gone, she was one of the first G1s I bought when I started collecting again as an adult.
Formerly known as HelloKuma

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2012, 05:41:09 PM »
my first ponys were acutly these plastic fakies XD   then i got sevral  that  were i think dollar tree.  i loved them becuaes you would sqeeze them and  they would whinny nad you could hear the thundering of hooves and i think they had a flower on thre sides and like a flashing thing on thre heads.

i'm not sure which  was my first g1 mlp  but my favorite was kinglsey. i  got him from a friend when i was about.. 10 i think. 
but i had sevreal ponys before then.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2012, 06:30:48 PM »
yeah some of our "firsts" was a family of purple fakies, a mommy, daddy and baby.  we played with those so much!   My sisters had the Baby Bonnet School of Dance, but I don't remember the BBE ponies being that scary!  guess it's a kid's "rose colored glasses", eh?  I do remember the plastic animals that came with the set.

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2012, 06:50:58 PM »
For my Childhood, it's hard to say. All I remember was that I got a whole bunch of G2s including the bride playset as well as another one. I absolutely loved them. I no longer have the ones I had as my mom tossed ALL my toys out when I was 12.. But I do have some rebought ones!

Now my OTHER first pony was a G3 Dewdrop Dazzle that my sister bought after Christmas from a clearance rack at Kroger. The moment I got her I knew I had to buy her some friends! Thus... I now have a dedicated pony shelf for my heard! :)

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2012, 07:19:03 PM »
I'm so jealous of all of you that still have your childhood ponies. My mom gave away all of ours when I was 10 or so. :cry: And I was too much of a pre-teen "I'm too old for that" punk to care at the time!  >_<

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2012, 09:10:16 PM »
dx dont feeel bad. my mom gave away my dream castle and my show stable >< appaerntly since i  graduated high school i no longer neeeded them.

Offline rearing_palomino164

• MOC Mimic
  • Share a smile at least once a day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2012, 09:14:46 PM »
I had I think either a mcdonalds happy meal pony or a g2.

You are the memory that lives on forever, the shadow that stands by our side.

Offline klein

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Dolls & Ponies oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Pullipsandjunk
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2012, 09:19:44 PM »
I believe my first one as a kid was either Firefly or Applejack, slightly leaning more towards thinking it was Firefly especially since I somehow ended up with five or six Firefly in my childhood herd (all still in storage somewhere, due to it's location in my grandparent's house it's going to be a long wait as I basically need my cousin's to get their stuff out before I can get to mine). I've rebought AJ but somehow haven't been able to find a suitable replacement for Firefly.

My first one as an adult was the Fashion Style Applejack.

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2012, 01:44:05 AM »
I can't remember which one I got first. I remember being in primary school and one of my friends sisters gave me a big bag full of old MLPs, which I'm pretty sure included Bow Tie and Baby Bow Tie who I still have. All my other ponies went to the charity shop :( But I kept them and now I'm getting all my old ones back so I don't feel so bad.

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2012, 02:26:32 AM »
My first was G1 Jazzie, the yellow rollerskate pony ! I still have her with her accessories and all. She has some wheels missing and her hair is a biiiit dry, but she still works !

My grandmother and I used to play with her in the corridor of my house at the time. That pony went against walls and furniture loads of times, but we sure had fun :) My grandmother still remembers it all and so do I ! :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal