collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G4: Pink vs. Purple  (Read 3527 times)

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: G4: Pink vs. Purple
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2012, 09:08:24 PM »
Definatly magenta. Though her head is more pink and her body is more purple, looking at her in person.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Bag of Magic Food

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2012, 07:19:18 AM »
Hmm, I would have called Cheerilee magenta.  Do you have a Flitterheart you can compare Cupcake to?

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2012, 05:32:50 PM »
She looks more purple to me.  And as a professional artist, I trust my judgement.  I took the X-rite color test here: http://www.xrite.com/custom_page.aspx?PageID=77&Lang=en, and scored an 8.  On a non-calibrated screen.  And the best score you can get is a 0  (100 is the worst).

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

MikaylaIsSoCoolLike

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2012, 07:05:06 PM »
She looks more purple to me.  And as a professional artist, I trust my judgement.  I took the X-rite color test here: http://www.xrite.com/custom_page.aspx?PageID=77&Lang=en, and scored an 8.  On a non-calibrated screen.  And the best score you can get is a 0  (100 is the worst).
i just did that test and scored a four. whaaaaaat. i mean, i cheated a little since i changed the lightness of my monitor, but whoa.

I'd say she's purple. Her pink hair stripe really brings out the purpleness of her. She looks like a mix of Twilight, Pinkie and Cheerilee.

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2012, 07:15:00 PM »
She looks pink in real life. if you mean in the picture, I would say all the ponies are pink due to the tint of the lighting.
 The most purple thing to me is Cadence's wing.

will2Bfree

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2012, 01:34:46 AM »
I'll always consider her pink.

Offline FlitterRose

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Welcome to Daydreamland. No reality allowed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2012, 02:54:02 AM »
2nd. ToolaRoola-y minus the shimmer.

[/quote]

Maybe magenta,but compared to your G3 Toola Roola and Scooter Sprite she looks more like magenta-lavender 
Sup

Offline BrightIdea

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2012, 03:01:01 AM »

That was a fun test, ashes.  That took lots of concentration.  I thought that when I got zero it was a bad thing, but it turns out that is a good score, yay.  I have been neglecting my artistic side lately, but I like to think I am good at colours. :biggrin:

So now I have the confidence to say, yes, she is purple! (rather than being on the fence).  I think just the fact that she is a lighter shade of purple makes us think she is pink because pink is light, too.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 03:05:05 AM by BrightIdea »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2012, 03:53:51 AM »
Awesome test ashes...however I did not do too well scoring 11! Oops...shows perhaps how uncolour co-ordinated I can be :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2012, 11:45:04 AM »
Awesome test ashes...however I did not do too well scoring 11! Oops...shows perhaps how uncolour co-ordinated I can be :P

I wouldn't worry. I took the test and it said 177 XD

I still think she looks pink tho, at least in comparison the the purple in her mane especially :P
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Bag of Magic Food

« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2012, 11:52:56 AM »
I quit the test after only finishing the top row, since my eyes were getting sore, and this laptop screen may not be the best canvas for judging color anyway.   :lookround:

xXCosmicBurstXx

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2012, 12:09:57 PM »
I decided to be really scientific about this, without having to go into the color lab.

I pulled a picture of her from the My Little Wiki and load it up into Photoshop CS3. I used the eyedropper tool and took a 51x51 pixel average of color, and that color IS purple. It's #b46eac. Its closet Pantone chip is 2573.

It'd be hard to stick her under a spectochromometer, as she's not really "flat."

Hope that sorts this question out for people!

Photoshop to the rescue! I know this is random, but I love your posts. Your constantly contributing interesting information into discussions. =p 

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2012, 01:00:09 PM »

I wouldn't worry. I took the test and it said 177 XD

I still think she looks pink tho, at least in comparison the the purple in her mane especially :P

*giggle* what a pair we are!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2012, 01:11:06 PM »
I decided to be really scientific about this, without having to go into the color lab.

I pulled a picture of her from the My Little Wiki and load it up into Photoshop CS3. I used the eyedropper tool and took a 51x51 pixel average of color, and that color IS purple. It's #b46eac. Its closet Pantone chip is 2573.

It'd be hard to stick her under a spectochromometer, as she's not really "flat."

That's a horrid way of testing. You have no idea if that "picture" is properly white balanced. (It's like calling a piece of paper white, when most paper is not white). I mean, it would be great if you did know that the photo was white balanced.

And posting the color swatch here, probably doesn't do much good either-- because everyone's screens are different, and everyone will see it differently.

The fact of the matter is that she does have blue in her. Does that make her purple? Well half of the people say yes, half of the people say no. I don't have her in person, so I cannot chime in. And I bet that each cupcake can vary, as we all know that batches of color are not always the same.

So what? Is she a warm purple, or a cool pink? Think about it. 
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 01:22:58 PM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline BrightIdea

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2012, 01:36:56 PM »

That's a horrid way of testing. You have no idea if that "picture" is properly white balanced. (It's like calling a piece of paper white, when most paper is not white). I mean, it would be great if you did know that the photo was white balanced.

And posting the color swatch here, probably doesn't do much good either-- because everyone's screens are different, and everyone will see it differently.

The fact of the matter is that she does have blue in her. Does that make her purple? Well half of the people say yes, half of the people say no. I don't have her in person, so I cannot chime in. And I bet that each cupcake can vary, as we all know that batches of color are not always the same.

So what? Is she a warm purple, or a cool pink? Think about it.

Well I think her method is way better than touchy feely mushy gushy statements like "I feel like this is pink!" or "I think this is purple".

Fun test, Phekzen :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal