collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Which generation got you started? (not to be confused with your favorite gen)

Generation 1
Generation 2
Generation 3
Generation 3.5
Generation 4

Author Topic: Which generation of ponies first drew you into collecting them?  (Read 14858 times)

Offline RandomPony

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Which generation of ponies first drew you into collecting them?
« Reply #90 on: May 13, 2012, 05:18:26 AM »
The first Generation! When I was a kid I watched the My Little Pony and  My Little Pony tales, and even tried  to drew them back then...*sigh* Memories!
:frolic:

SaphTalon

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #91 on: May 13, 2012, 05:34:06 AM »
G3 Generally because I was born 1991. Sometimes I wish though I collected them when I was little just so I would have those child hood memories. I was scared of pink back then.

I got great child hood memories though. Mostly involved in electronics but a huge chunk was Spyro the purple dragon. I still love him to death

Offline UnicornTamer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Everypony needs Jesus.
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Dreams
« Reply #92 on: May 13, 2012, 06:50:23 AM »
The G3s drew me in. I was so young though, I wasn't crazy about them, and I didn't even own any, but they were the only types of ponies I knew about, and I only knew about them because we had these MLP coloring and activity books. Even though my first pony was Dainty Dove, it was the G3s that drew me in later, because at the time I didn't think that Dainty Dove was a MLP! She was WAY too skinny, and there were jewels in her eyes, and she just looked plain weird to me. Lol.

sosoftbuttons

« Reply #93 on: May 13, 2012, 07:47:40 AM »
g1 every time :D 

my grandparents bought me shy pose applejack and she started the addiction.  i guess it seemed like the obvious choice to a family of a horse-mad little girl to buy her plastic ponies.  we just didnt have much money back then, not that we do now, lol, but you get my drift ;)  and it carried on from there for several years, a dream castle, lullabye nursery, show stable and waterfall later and then things seemed to go downhill and my folks told me in the late 80's at about the time the uk mountain boys came out :enraged: that i was ''too old for ponies''   :whoa:   so i had no more, crycrycry...

i always kept them at the top of my wardrobe and my room has always been MY TERRITORY and i'm hiddeously over-protective of my stuff :P   so nobody got the chance to throw them out. thank God :satisfied: 

then i really got into collecting in about 2004, found ebay, found this place, found a love of nirvana's and then for some strange reason that i stil cannot expalin, i found a hole in my credit card balance AND my bank account :silly:    most strange  :huh:

so yes, tiz g1 for me and it'll never be anything else

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #94 on: May 13, 2012, 09:36:57 AM »
I started liking MLP after I watched FiM. Then I started collecting G4 toys, and now I collect all generations.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Greylady

• Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • frazzle-haired fakie
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #95 on: May 13, 2012, 01:14:22 PM »
Well, I'm from the G2 era, and growing up I owned about two of them. I'm rather upset I haven't got them anymore. I do still have two G2's given to me by my sisters from when they were little. They gave me them when I first got into FiM and kept talking about ponies. G4s still weren't available here at the time. So, basically, though I wanted G4s, I ended up with G2s. Now I'm open to all generations including fakies. Though I probably wouldn't pay store prices for G3.5, but if I found them in a charity shop or on sale I might pick them up.

Offline PrincessStarlily

• Ponyland Historian
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Jeremiah 29:11 - God has a plan for you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2012, 02:01:39 PM »
G3 was my childhood generation that got me started.  :)  Kind of like UnicornTamer, G3s were really all that I knew of MLP for a while. I remember begging my grandparents for a pony (my first, Tink-a-tink-a-too) at a grocery store, and just taking off from there. I was so wrapped up in MLP that I actually still have pictures of my growing collection, one of which is a professional photo of me at the age of three clinging to a G2 McD's French Sundancer (I just wouldn't let her go  ;) ).

I never really knew about MLP's history (the fact of the devided gens) until 2008, after I my family moved across the country and I started to pay more attention to my collection. Now I know so much about the gens and how MLP came to be that I recently wrote my school essay assignment on the history of ponies (almost entirely from my head) :P

As for favorites, I don't know if I have one (I think G1 and G3 are tied), but I do my best to give each and every one the love they deserve  ;)  I really do appreciate G2 (I think they're very elegant) and G4 (the show got me hooked, even though I wasn't so sure about the drastically changed style at first), but if I were to pick a least favorite gen (now, mind you, I don't hate them), it would be G3.5. They remind me of fish. XD

So, I'm a G3 girl all the way--over 75% of my collection are G3s, many of them from when I was a young girl.  ^.^
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 02:05:17 PM by PrincessStarlily »

Thanks to Storm.Runner for my avatar and SDS for my sig!
Painted LaceMelody RoseJuniper JoyStarlily

Appleseed

« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2012, 02:13:13 PM »
I had some G1s and G3s (I think I still do actually!) but G4 is what brought me back into it and that's the only gen I really collect now. But if I ever see a G1 pony I really like I'll probably buy it.

Offline foalpatrol

• Hello, Clarice
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 13, 2012, 03:49:41 PM »
I had 2 G1s as a child, but didn't really get into collecting until the G3 range came out, it started with Thistle Whistle and my collection grew to include G1s as well.  So, G1s were my first ponies, but G3s started me collecting.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 13, 2012, 06:32:22 PM »
G1 for sure   ^.^      :lovey: :heart:   they started my pony addicti...*cough* er.. I mean collection   :lookround: ;) :good:  They are still my fave generation too, although I collect all gens now

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal