collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Where do you find pony bags in Goodwill?  (Read 9284 times)

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
Re: Where do you find pony bags in Goodwill?
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2012, 01:37:41 PM »
I never find ponies at Goodwill.  I usually find them in this one called New Life Thrift, and in a chain called Thrift World...but that second one only occasionally and I've never found a G1 there >P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2012, 10:11:45 PM »
The goodwill closest to me is mostly old/discontinued stock from stores.  They do have a couple of aisles of larger toys but I have never seen a pony there.  My mom and I did try to pick up a vintage Fisher Price Little People house there once and they refused to sell it because it was on "display."

I've always had the best luck with Savers/Value Village.  I go to the one nearest me about once a week and I rarely leave without a pony, though granted they are usually g3s.  That said, probably 80% of my g1 collection is from the thrift store and I just found Munchy and a MGR pony there within the last 3 weeks.

I also recently found a new thrift store called Thrift Town.  Has anyone else heard of it?  They're located in Texas, New Mexico, California and a couple of other states.  They're kind of a cross between a Savers and a Goodwill.  I didn't find any g1s but I came out of there with a vintage Care Bear, a vintage Care Bear book, a vintage SSC book, a vintage Mickey Mouse lunch box and a g3.  I totally need to hit them up again.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Flutterswirl

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2012, 07:36:53 PM »
Ugh...just learned today that our Goodwill is not going to put loose .25 toys out, period. I overheard the manager telling another shopper that the loose toys would come back when he (the other shopper) was willing to pick up after the kids who would leave toys strewn across the floor. And she was filling the old toy rack with purses as she told him. So now it's the big boxes (a poor chance, at best) or nothing. :(

Thanks to *generalzoi\'s Pony Creator at dA for my avatar!

just visiting this planet! (Phl. 3:20)

Offline LadyStarCatcher

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2012, 02:27:42 PM »
I used to find ponies at goodwill and value village all the time. But in the last couple years haven't found anything. But sometimes I stalk shopgoodwil.com and I see several lots of ponies coming from goodwill in my area! I think they are hoarding them for auction.  :huh:   I went to five stores this last weekend and found Nothing pony at all. Was quite disappointing.  :(

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2012, 05:32:57 PM »
mine has a small pile of toys in the corner. never found a pony at goodwill
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2012, 01:31:40 PM »
All the Goodwill stores in my town have stopped selling used toys :(.
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

mimitchi33

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2012, 01:32:56 PM »
My teacher, Mrs M, only found a McDonald's pony at Salvation Army. Probably some ponies are in the Happy Meal bins. She has a hard time finding ponies, Popples and Furbies for me!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal