collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: do i just give up?  (Read 1546 times)

Offline bladed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
do i just give up?
« on: November 10, 2022, 01:57:35 PM »
a few days ago i put up 3 regular listings, just your standard fare - keychain/badges, cheap, local and international shipping. went to bed after i put them up so i could finish the rest in the morning.

imagine my surprise when i woke up with an email just saying that my account had been permanently suspended!! within not even 12 hours of putting up some completely normal listings, suddenly my years old account with a completely regular history is gone.
i emailed them through their site and got a generic email back, and when i phoned after that they were similarly unhelpful ...

i don't use ebay to purchase particularly often and this was my first time trying to sell, do i just let it go? i've found another place to sell the items anyway... but i hate losing the option of buying on ebay just because of the reach it has :yikes:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: do i just give up?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2022, 05:51:20 AM »
Did they give you a reason?

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline bladed

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2022, 06:53:04 AM »
Did they give you a reason?
in their second email (the direct response to me) they claimed it was because "it exhibits a risk to the community" and the phone call was basically just the person on the other end repeating what that email said and saying they can't do anything :/
not sure how keychains of anime girls holding tea cups is a risk lol?

Offline StarryEmerald24

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2022, 08:48:07 AM »
I don't know where in the algorithm it decides to flag it but maybe eBay just flagged it as suspicious because you suddenly started selling things, which I know sounds weird. But I know someone who just casually put up a listing on Facebook Marketplace once and it got their whole Facebook of many years shut down. I don't even remember what it was, but I think it was like a piece of furniture or equipment.

I was going to say maybe it was something about the anime girls but just about anything will get listed and be just fine, so I don't know there :p

At least you can shop on eBay as a guest? I'd still try to see if someone else on their end can properly review it and fix it but it does sound like they aren't much help :/

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2022, 08:49:31 AM »
Hmm. Can you still log in? If so, I would ask on the forums.

I did some digging and it appears that they do this for a few reasons-
-You're buying/selling history is suspected as being fraudulent/suspicious (what this means is vague)
-You are trying to use multiple bank accounts
-You are using a new account to get around a suspension of your old account

How long ago did you use the account to buy something? Did you update any info or anything? Add a new payment option?

I'm reading that contacting eBay doesn't help because they are not obligated to tell you why.

I would try the forums. It seems like people with suspended accounts can still post, but maybe they've changed that.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline bladed

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2022, 11:53:51 AM »
i didn't realise ebay had a forum, i'll try on there!
Hmm. Can you still log in? If so, I would ask on the forums.

I did some digging and it appears that they do this for a few reasons-
-You're buying/selling history is suspected as being fraudulent/suspicious (what this means is vague)
-You are trying to use multiple bank accounts
-You are using a new account to get around a suspension of your old account

How long ago did you use the account to buy something? Did you update any info or anything? Add a new payment option?

I'm reading that contacting eBay doesn't help because they are not obligated to tell you why.

I would try the forums. It seems like people with suspended accounts can still post, but maybe they've changed that.
im not trying to use multiple bank accounts however ebay did force me into adding a bank account when i already had a paypal, is that normal for ebay or was it just being weird? i didn't have a bank account connected directly to ebay before, just paypal, but it's the same bank account anyway so i don't see the issue

i last bought something a few months ago. i do use 2 separate addresses to purchase so i wonder if something has gone wrong there? i haven't changed anything except adding the bank account though, it wouldn't let me sell without one :/

it was also spamming me with recaptchas throughout the ENTIRE process, i wonder is something was wrong with my IP?? i heavily doubt that but we (as a house) don't use ebay very often so i have no clue

I don't know where in the algorithm it decides to flag it but maybe eBay just flagged it as suspicious because you suddenly started selling things, which I know sounds weird. But I know someone who just casually put up a listing on Facebook Marketplace once and it got their whole Facebook of many years shut down. I don't even remember what it was, but I think it was like a piece of furniture or equipment.

I was going to say maybe it was something about the anime girls but just about anything will get listed and be just fine, so I don't know there :p

At least you can shop on eBay as a guest? I'd still try to see if someone else on their end can properly review it and fix it but it does sound like they aren't much help :/
oh, this is VERY dangerous to the community:
Spoiler
:P
i also might try and phone them again when i have a bit more energy, never hurts to try

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2022, 07:45:26 PM »
im not trying to use multiple bank accounts however ebay did force me into adding a bank account when i already had a paypal, is that normal for ebay or was it just being weird? i didn't have a bank account connected directly to ebay before, just paypal, but it's the same bank account anyway so i don't see the issue

Yes, this is normal. Instead of putting money into Paypal, now funds go directly into your bank account.

I can see a few Reddit threads where people have been banned due to problems with the new system. I hope you can get to the bottom of this. I'd suggest Depop or Mercari in the meantime. I find Depop fairly immature user-wise but the anime keychains may be up their alley. Mercari is just, so, so much easier to use for me now. :P

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline bladed

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2022, 11:46:58 AM »

Yes, this is normal. Instead of putting money into Paypal, now funds go directly into your bank account.

I can see a few Reddit threads where people have been banned due to problems with the new system. I hope you can get to the bottom of this. I'd suggest Depop or Mercari in the meantime. I find Depop fairly immature user-wise but the anime keychains may be up their alley. Mercari is just, so, so much easier to use for me now. :P
sadly i dont think either of these are available in the UK :/ i've taken to selling them directly within a community

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2022, 07:41:29 PM »
I know Depop is certainly available in the UK unless something has changed. Right to the community is great to do, though!

Sig by Starscout <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal