collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Spotted EU wave 5 in the Netherlands!  (Read 1572 times)

Offline Jupetto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Trouble maker
    • View Profile
Spotted EU wave 5 in the Netherlands!
« on: September 06, 2012, 02:37:15 PM »
Since they are the newest wave, was pretty suprised to see them so suddenly, since wave 4 just appeared aswell a bit before. If you are from the Netherlands, you can buy them at Kruidvat for 2 euro.

I couldn't find any good close ups of the bags on the internet so I made my own. A very nicely designed with a picture of Cadence.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There are a few new things in these bags though, for one, they protect the wings of the alicorn molds with a piece of plastic, so it obviously can't break.

Also, the collectible cards are now put INSIDE the instruction paper for whatever reason.

The descriptions are still very silly. Cadence 'loves Tiaras' and Fluttershy 'blushes often'. I wonder what Celestias description is..

Anyway, have other people from Europe spotted these yet? I am curious.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 02:53:23 PM by Jupetto »

Always looking for AJ stuff!

Offline Gypsy_Nights

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolute Night Owl!
    • View Profile
Re: Spotted EU wave 5 in the Netherlands!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 03:52:08 PM »
How exciting!  Thanks for posting the pics for us!  Very cute!
~~~Me and My FiM Family~~~

My Sales Thread     My deviantART Page

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 04:27:10 PM »
Yay! Well found :)

Yes I have seen them as being spotted in Denmark, Sweden and Germany so far and perhaps another couple of countries that I cant remember of the top of my head at the moment.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 04:56:14 PM »
The best part - The bags are thinner than the earlier versions, so it's easier to guess the pony ;) (Came in  handy when I forgot my list at home.)
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline BrightIdea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 10:43:15 PM »
Thanks for the info!  What part of the stores do they keep them in, at the cash, or near other toys?

I have never seen ponies at any Kruidvat before, so this will be new for me  :)

Offline Jupetto

• Trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 10:28:42 AM »
Nice, so they have been spotted more in the east of Europe as well!

The best part - The bags are thinner than the earlier versions, so it's easier to guess the pony ;) (Came in  handy when I forgot my list at home.)

Yup! Not to mention the instruction paper did shine thru the bags. But I wasn't sure if you could see a bit of the pony as well.

Thanks for the info!  What part of the stores do they keep them in, at the cash, or near other toys?

I have never seen ponies at any Kruidvat before, so this will be new for me  :)

Well stores can be different in any area (I live in Brabant). But they are usually at the small toy section, if you don't find them you should check the cash. I almost couldn't find them though because they were all at the bottom in a corner in a stack. I happend to saw a sale in the folder for them.

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 11:54:10 AM »
Excellent. I hope they show up in Canada. :)
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Fortress

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 12:05:49 PM »
I love the new blind bag figures, but I was a bit sad about the bags being more plastic than tin foil-sih which makes them harder to open and sometimes even rips the bag. The cardboard box is also of lower quality compared to the one I have from wave 3 which is much more sturdy. I wonder why these changes were made? One of my friends commented on the ponies itself that she found the quality to be less than previous waves. They are still really lovely, but sometimes I wonder if the quality can't be upped. I had to buy Lyra 4 times to make sure I got one with un-derped eyes. ^^;

Edit: Oh, I forgot to add that the Kruidvat store in Maaseik (Belgium) had the wave 5 blind bags as well! ^^
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 12:09:21 PM by Fortress »

Offline Jupetto

• Trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012, 12:15:51 PM »
I love the new blind bag figures, but I was a bit sad about the bags being more plastic than tin foil-sih which makes them harder to open and sometimes even rips the bag. The cardboard box is also of lower quality compared to the one I have from wave 3 which is much more sturdy. I wonder why these changes were made? One of my friends commented on the ponies itself that she found the quality to be less than previous waves. They are still really lovely, but sometimes I wonder if the quality can't be upped. I had to buy Lyra 4 times to make sure I got one with un-derped eyes. ^^;

Edit: Oh, I forgot to add that the Kruidvat store in Maaseik (Belgium) had the wave 5 blind bags as well! ^^

All I can guess is that they are saving money by making cheaper cards. Though I am not sure about the quality of the ponies. I got 3 wave 5 figures and all of them are in good quality. Except Cadence has a tiny glue spot under her crown. But it really doesn't make her look bad on display. You might have had bad luck. : ( They are about the same quality as my other wave ponies. Maybe the quality control slacked off that day. : P

Offline gazzy90

• Trade Count: (+97)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 02:19:49 PM »
I wonder why they have greek on the packages as well...we haven't had a single blind bag here :p

Fortress

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012, 03:27:37 PM »

All I can guess is that they are saving money by making cheaper cards. Though I am not sure about the quality of the ponies. I got 3 wave 5 figures and all of them are in good quality. Except Cadence has a tiny glue spot under her crown. But it really doesn't make her look bad on display. You might have had bad luck. : ( They are about the same quality as my other wave ponies. Maybe the quality control slacked off that day. : P

You're probably right about them wanting to save money.
I think you're right about me having bad luck as well. It's just that Lyra's one of my favorites, so I really wanted her to look perfect. Or maybe I'm just too picky. ^_~ I am happy with the new blind bag ponies I purchased though! The princess ponies look especially awesome! I can't wait for more! :P

Offline Jupetto

• Trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2012, 06:00:40 AM »
I bought a Lyra aswell, and wanted to make a comparision between the old one (right) and the new one (left). : )

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2012, 10:14:18 AM »
Yay! Congrats!
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline BrightIdea

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2012, 11:36:27 AM »
Thanks Jupetto, I found some, yay.  That is so cool we are getting something brand new!  Netherlands usually gets ponies last (or at least it feels like it).

Offline Jupetto

• Trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2012, 12:20:26 PM »
Thanks Jupetto, I found some, yay.  That is so cool we are getting something brand new!  Netherlands usually gets ponies last (or at least it feels like it).

You're welcome! I actually seen quite a few things, like glimmer winged Daisy Dreams and Fluttershy, the Cadence & Shining Armor castle and the bridesmaid editions of the main 6. I also think baby Spike is fairly new. I still think it will take a while for the new single wave to come though.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal