collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: We got pet rats!:)  (Read 1919 times)

reyl

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: We got pet rats!:)
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2012, 07:17:55 AM »
Awww! I love ratties. I had a sweet pair a few years ago. My favourite thing to do on cage cleaning day was to put them in the empty bath tub and watch them run around. When I was done cleaning the cage I'd put a bit of water in the tub and give them a bath too. The best part about ratties was when they were little. They'd snuggle in my sweater and climb up and down inside my sleeves and on my head. They were hilarious. My boys got pretty lazy once they grew up though. Their names were Prickles and Boo :)

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2012, 12:41:53 PM »
Aw too bad.  I love rat pics lol

Boo, that's cute!  I names one of mine Rusty.  He wasn't red colored...but when he was a baby, he squeaked a lot more than my other rats LOL
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2012, 03:39:23 PM »
Congrats! I used to have many rats. Its always best when you get new rodents to quarentine them away from any existing rodents you might have to prevent the spread of deadly viruses between them. Its also probably a good thing to keep them in a different room than the guinea pigs for permanent housing. The guineas could be seen as prey and could even be a bit stressed by the rats being around them. I have the unfortunate experience of watching a rat kill another rat and it was just one quick bite to the back of the neck. Rodent species don't naturally mix at all.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal