collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 64981 times)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #255 on: September 15, 2022, 06:29:41 PM »
it takes time. i still have my Moose's photo as my phone background. one day i'll change it but i still like to see his face.

today was a little rough. i got my flu and covid booster yesterday and it hit me in the late afternoon. today was also full of meetings. i get really frustrated when people put me on calls i don't need to be on. i have just as much work as before i was promoted. plus now i have meetings, paperwork and people seem to think i have nothing to do. my team is great. all of my complaints come from the way upper management chooses to run things.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #256 on: September 16, 2022, 06:14:51 AM »
Today is the last day for inspections, they are probably on the far end of the complex today so I think I'm okay :) I did get a letter in my door that I owe four dollars and some cents. Not sure how I shorted that. I have until next Friday to pay it.

I saw my therapist yesterday. She really helps.

Today I'm going to concentrate on my swap custom. I don't have much sculpting left to do and I'm eager to move on to painting.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 16, 2022, 08:48:56 PM »
Hope the walk was good LAW xxx
PHEW!!! And good therapist, well-timed appointment too BC xxx
Beth, I don't know much about upper management, but if they run things like governments, then it's into the ground at best, & moronic inablilty at worst. Nobody cares about the little people xxx

Finished the cinnamon rolls & oh are they tasty!!! Why have I never eaten them before??? Otherwise put my electricity complaint on a subreddit & people are calling me rich for budgeting??? I'm not rich; rather trying to be sensible & budgeting for a huge price hike I KNOW is coming, just when I don't need it, by seeing how much I can put in the meter, a bit at a time. Credit will go up in time when you put in more than you use. Like I wrote a whole blurb about how I was topping up throughout summer, & it built & built & hit the limit. This happens, which is why I complained about the limit in the first place. All I can think is if they are calling me rich for this, then what will it be like in actual winter, when we're all spending small fortunes on electricity???
For now it's just started getting cold enough to put on a onesie. Next I'll have to shut the living room door, but I'm putting that off. Meanwhile I have sewing to do, to complete knitting projects I got to that stage...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #258 on: September 16, 2022, 10:26:22 PM »
I get really frustrated when people put me on calls i don't need to be on. i have just as much work as before i was promoted. plus now i have meetings, paperwork and people seem to think i have nothing to do. my team is great. all of my complaints come from the way upper management chooses to run things.

I recently organised a meeting/call with people I didn't know very well, so I made it plain in the invite "For completeness, I will invite everyone in the discussion but please feel free to accept or decline according to your level of interest" i.e. I won't be offended, just be sincere! I guess that's why in Outlook you can specify people who are required and people who are optional, however if you put 'optiona'l I think some people just decline because they assume the organiser thinks they are less important. I also insist on knowing what a meeting is about before I attend so I always try to write an introduction in my meeting invites beforehand. Have you tried accepting as tentative with no explanation, if you think the meeting may not be relavent to you? Or declining with a message like "Many thanks for the invitation. I'm unable to attend at this time, but I'd like to remain in the discussion. Would you mind letting me know the outcome?"  If they protest and give you a good explanation as to why you need to be there, then maybe you should go. It sounds as though you're too popular  :lol:

@PBW these cinnamon rolls sound very interesting! May I ask for the recipe? They sound perfect for this rainy cold weather we've been  having. On the topic of the subreddit, don't worry about it. You're obviously doing great in a really tough situation. They're just not coping mentally that something in life has changed. What I hope is that we all budget like mad and try to be safe, even though at the moment things seem impossible. Then in  few months we find out that things are not so bad and that because we tried, we are actually OK. Those who gave up completely or refused to face up to things will still be in trouble unfortunately.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 10:33:03 PM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #259 on: September 17, 2022, 05:40:30 AM »
I had a dream about Mouse. She was at my parent's house and that's why I'd been missing her, so I brought her home :sad:

So yesterday I did not in fact work on my swap custom, at all. I cleaned. I think I needed something more distracting than art. Today I want to work on it though. I have to make some progress, soon I'll only have a month left.

I have canned cinnamon rolls with orange icing. I should make them before the can explodes in the fridge.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #260 on: September 17, 2022, 09:03:28 AM »
I had a dream about Mouse. She was at my parent's house and that's why I'd been missing her, so I brought her home :sad:

So yesterday I did not in fact work on my swap custom, at all. I cleaned. I think I needed something more distracting than art. Today I want to work on it though. I have to make some progress, soon I'll only have a month left.

I have canned cinnamon rolls with orange icing. I should make them before the can explodes in the fridge.

Awwwwwh I'm so sorry! That's sad. :hug: At least your dreams make sense though. On the topic of these cinammon rolls, USA food is really different to how it is here! How are they in can and how can they explode?!

I did a bit of gardening today, slept most of the morning in between watching Gardener's World. Picked beans and carrots in the garden for dinner. Finally able to relax after a pretty stressful week with DH's brother visiting.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 09:05:54 AM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #261 on: September 17, 2022, 09:19:47 AM »
:hug:

You can buy canned dough of different kinds. Cinnamon rolls come that way. You just separate them, put them in a pan and pop them in the oven for a few minutes. Then you add the icing. The cans can explode from being old or when they get too hot. They've been known to explode in cars and I've had two tubes of biscuits explode due to age. It splatters dough all over the inside of the fridge. Even now, I sometimes find a chunk of dried biscuit in there.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 17, 2022, 09:46:00 AM »
My hands are burning from trimming chillies  :biggrin: I had takeaway but I'm suspicious the milk I bought from the corner store is out of date, the number of the date was suspiciously rubbed off, and it doesn't help I can't tell when milk is off  :pout:

I've been a mix of unable to do anything and doing minor chores, I find it hard to relax lately, always feels like I might be doing SOMETHING

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #263 on: September 17, 2022, 11:22:58 AM »
:hug:

You can buy canned dough of different kinds. Cinnamon rolls come that way. You just separate them, put them in a pan and pop them in the oven for a few minutes. Then you add the icing. The cans can explode from being old or when they get too hot. They've been known to explode in cars and I've had two tubes of biscuits explode due to age. It splatters dough all over the inside of the fridge. Even now, I sometimes find a chunk of dried biscuit in there.

Hee hee that made me giggle. Reminds me of Popeye. Maybe tomorrow is a good day for cinnamon rolls!

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 18, 2022, 02:35:00 AM »
The recipe I used is here: https://www.morphyandme.com/eggless-cinnamon-rolls-recipe
Convert from cups though. I think I used a bit too much flour but managed to get 10 out of the batch xxx
And I wish I had a garden!!!

Frostbite you need to rest if your body's not letting you do stuff xxx

BC it's ok if you don't manage some days. Just let people know that there is a delay. Everybody here knows the chaos that is your life right now xxx At least your dreams are a comfort xxx
On the other hand tinned cinnamon rolls exploding sounds rather amusing, if frustrating xxx

Made more ginger biscuits but am running low of plain flour again & need to make pie pastry!!! Had to order some from eBay, along with other supplies. It's starting to get cold here too, so another ting I did was add an adaptation to Bakana's snuggle-jumper: a drawstring collar. I got two lengths of drawstring in pastel purple matching the purple yarn, stitched them together, then darned in a thin strip of purple yarn round the neck of the jumper. It fits in nicely, & the drawstring holds the jumper in place so it doesn't slide down Bakana when I snuggle her xxx It took a while, because it's a big neck, but it's worth it!!!
I still have to darn the pieces of my poncho together too... Fun!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #265 on: September 18, 2022, 06:03:14 AM »
I managed to make progress on the custom yesterday :) Now I need to texture it, which is going to take a while.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #266 on: September 19, 2022, 12:31:54 AM »
@PBW thank you for the recipe, it seems very seasonal and I'm sure we will have lots of fun making them! I wish you had a garden too, I find it very sustaining. Is there any sort of a community garden near you? But, baking and crafts are awesome as well. I really love mending and fixing things too.

@BC congrats! I'm glad you had a good day working on your custom. I love how artsy your projects are and look forward to seeing it.

Today I'm going to Mum and Dad's to watch TV with my sister, neice and brother in law. Unfortunately my husband has to work because he works in livestock. So we'll see each other later. I peeled a load of cooking apples this morning and made 6 tubs of pie filling for the freezer. I find veg prep comforting in times of crisis. In other news, social media has whipped up some kind of cricket celebration into a full-scale riot between religious factions in Leicester, UK. Very, very odd indeed. Good to have a quiet day for reflection.

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 19, 2022, 01:22:29 AM »
Good thing I don't follow cricket & gave up FB years ago then!!! Good on you stocking up on pie filling!!! I have some more apples I could prep too, though the flour is low at the moment...
BC congrats on working on your Custom today!!! Re other stuff from other threads: it's ok to not rush into things; you know when the time is right xxx

I made enough pastry for two small pies & a wee bit extra, using all the remaining butter for it, then adding the flour after that. With the spare savoury pastry I put cheese in it, while I balled my spare sweet pastry round some marmalade. All four things (veg pie, apple pie, cheese nugget & marmalade tart) were baked in the air fryer & happily munched last night, making me quite full!!! I also found out the easiest way to warm baked stuff is to preheat the air fryer with them in it!!! Managed to sew two seams of the poncho together (I left a long length of yarn attached at the casting off of each & use that for sewing the seams). Defrosting pizza base & sauce (I still have bread flour for pizzas) for tonight's dinner. My computer struggles in the colder temperature & makes this loud noise when starting up at the moment (that will ease when i start heating the room). Good thing it's Monday, so I can get more butter tomorrow!!! Ordered stuff off eBay & Etsy, & let somebody here know they can ask for my second payment today...

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #268 on: September 19, 2022, 04:55:08 AM »
I'm working more on the custom today. Like so many of my projects, I looked at it today and don't like what I did yesterday so I have to redo it.

Other than that, I need to do some more laundry. Last month my water bill was up 7 dollars and I couldn't figure out why. Now I think it's the washer.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 19, 2022, 05:34:01 AM »
Finally stopped putting it off and made something to eat (super lazy today). As much as the burgers stink out the house and make a HUGE mess with the fat coming out of them ... they're just SO GOOOOOOD  :yummy:

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal