collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Open Casting Call for America's Next Top Monster: Cycle 2  (Read 18232 times)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Open Casting Call for America's Next Top Monster: Cycle 2
« on: May 25, 2012, 05:39:34 PM »
Although Cycle 1 of ANTM has not yet concluded, it's time to start the necessary steps to get ready for Cycle 2! To be honest, I am TOTALLY wiped out from running this competition. As such, I've decided to let members get involved in the next cycle. Twelve different members will each represent a different model. How do you become one of the twelve? Read on!

Participation: You must have the time in your schedule for at least one photo session a week. If you are not in a position to do this, please do not apply. All participants must be able to meet deadlines. There is no waiting in the modeling world, and tardiness will be rewarded with elimination! The competition will last for twelve weeks, so this is going to take a great deal of commitment.

How to Apply: If you think you have the next ANTM sitting on your shelf, here's what you need to do. Take your best photo of said monster as if you were doing an actual photoshoot. This is your entry photo. You may enter as many monsters as you like. Since only one of each monster will be participating, it would be a good idea to submit multiple monsters for entry. For example, let's say Member A only enters Ghoulia, but Member B enters Ghoulia and Lagoona. Member B's Ghoulia is accepted into the competition, which leaves Member A hanging out to dry. So submit as many great photos as you can!

Tips: Remember, this is both a modeling and a photography competition. Make every photo count! Be as creative and professional as possible!

Keep in Mind: Members will be voting and offering their critique each round during the competition. This is NOT for the sensitive individual! Be warned that everything in your photos will be publicly scrutinized if you make the cut, just as the photos were in Cycle 1 - we're talking hairstyles, choice of clothing, background, quality of the image, creativity, and of course, how well you embodied the challenge.

Deadline: All photos must be posted directly in this thread by June 15th. At that time, I will review and decide which twelve monster/member teams make the cut. Once the twelve have been decided, each member must choose ONE version of their monster to work with. So if you have sixteen Dracualura's, you can only photograph one of those throughout the competition. Why? It would be unfair to allow some members to have a variety of models to choose from (DT Clawdeen, GB Clawdeen, 1660 Clawdeen, etc) while other members only have one doll to work with (Operetta, werecat twins, etc.)

Once all monsters-in-the-running have been notified, the first challenge will be posted and you will have a week to complete it. At that time, the rules of the competition will be posted as well. Of course, there will be a prize for the winning monster at the end of the competition. I just haven't decided on what it is yet, other than glory and bragging rights!

P.S. Since neither the werecat twins, Cupid, Operetta, or the CAMs participated in Cycle 1, it would be nice to see some of them in Cycle 2. Additionally, neither Lala nor Abbey made it very far in Cycle 1, so I'd love to see them back as well.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 05:45:07 PM by tuneful87 »

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
Re: Open Casting Call for America's Next Top Monster: Cycle 2
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 05:59:00 PM »
Oh god this sounds so exciting. I really don't think I have what it takes... I'm much better with ponies than dolls. :x Not to mention I sold all my girls except for Rochelle (I'm buying Spectra and Toralei, but..) and I don't think she's capable of going very far. ...Sorry dear. ;o;/
I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with. I know we have some really talented photographers on here, though. ;)
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 06:06:45 PM »
I would love to do this, but the clothes i paid for a month ago never came in, so I have no clothes for my dolls.  =/  Otherwise, I would so be in.  I might try if I get some between now and then, but we will see.

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 06:15:38 PM »
Hmm. I might do this, so long as you're alright with all my photos being outside. Though I can always fix that and try to make it look like it's inside.

And where do you submit your photos? Here or PM you?

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline Airiel

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Professional Parasol Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 06:42:24 PM »
Aww, I would love to do this, but I really don't think my photography is up to par. Sounds like a ton of fun, and it would probably justify the giant bag of MH clothes that I have....

Airiel

"Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly."

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 07:47:04 PM »
Ah, I'd love to participate.. but I lack clothing for my dolls... that and I'm rather uncomfortable with restyling hair, haha. Though good luck to all that participate!

Okiedokieloki

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 08:00:43 PM »
Aw, I sooo want to do this. I was just hoping it would be a bit later. Most of my dolls are at my boyfriend's apartment and I won't be there until mid July. I also haven't had a chance to buy any clothes for them yet and now I can't afford to for a bit since I need to have a root canal next week  >_<

I might still give it a shot. Hopefully more people come forward...there was a lot of interest when you mentioned this before..

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 08:12:59 PM »
I'd love to take part...The only thing I'm concerned about is I don't have a ton of clothing for them, especially shoes.  I can probably make clothing for them...Will there be certain themes each week like cycle 1?

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 08:52:18 PM »
aellos: You can post your photos directly in this thread.

TexasGal: Save the fancy clothes for the real competition! This is just the entry photo! hehe. The actual contest will not start until late June.

Okie: Please do enter! Have your boyfriend mail you a doll!

Pris: Yes, there will be a different theme for each challenge. I promise I won't make anything too difficult though!

Everyone else, please do not worry about whether the photos are inside/outside, or if you don't have custom clothes! Monster High clothes are fine. You may just have to find ways to be a bit inventive for certain challenges, that's all! I have faith in you guys, and I urge everyone to enter! Believe in yourselves! I know you can do this! Check out Monster High photography on flickr if it'll help you get ideas for snapping pics. There are a ton of great photographers there that might inspire you!

« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 08:53:57 PM by tuneful87 »

Tagi

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 09:01:35 PM »
I think I may try for this...I'll enter a few of my CAMs >_>

Dibbles

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 09:30:54 PM »
This sounds like so much fun, Tuney! I'm looking forward to taking pictures of my ghouls. :)

Tagi

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2012, 05:27:44 AM »
Were you going to allow heavy photoshopping or none at all or just for touch ups or...?

Someone with heaps of photoshop skill will have an advantage over none-photoshoppers, so I'm wondering :)

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2012, 05:37:24 AM »
I'd love to participate, and I have several dolls who I'd love to enter, but I don't know if I'm good enough....

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2012, 06:00:11 AM »
wow sounds fun!! I'll see if i can take some photos soon :)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2012, 06:24:32 AM »
Wish I had extra doll clothes and creativity with a camera, would have joined in! Awh man! xx Good Luck everyone!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal