collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Having trouble finding MH in my area  (Read 3071 times)

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Having trouble finding MH in my area
« on: February 21, 2012, 06:11:48 PM »
 :cry: When I go to Walmart the stock crew tell me the ebayers have already came and gone with the cases, and lines are at the local TRU before the store even opens to get them in the am. I got a few that were somehow over looked, but I really would like to find Clawdeen, Draculaura and Cupid as well as Operetta and Toralei. I don't have any MH to trade, but willing to work out something if someone could help me please. I would prefer to trade/buy from US only however. I really don't care if they are naked, just would like the hair to be intact (I like to play with the hair heheh). I am not planning to customize them, I am actually trying to collect them for what they are, they are extremely beautiful dolls. Thanks.

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
Re: Having trouble finding MH in my area
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 06:29:57 PM »
I can keep an eye out for you. I managed to find an Operetta earlier today for myself. I'm also looking for Cupid but having the same issues you are with the Ebayers.

Offline Psivampyr

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 06:34:59 PM »
Thank you hun. You would think with all of the ebayers running around snatching everything up there were be a flood of them online for sale at a lower price.

Offline PrincessTiffy

• Trade Count: (+233)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 06:39:49 PM »
I know how you feel! I'm just getting into the MH dolls and it's crazy how fast they fly off the shelves. I was lucky to come across a cupid before V-day and that was the only time I've seen her. And my sister gave me a heads up that target had operetta last week. I think it's so wrong that they let people buy the whole case before they put them on the self. I know stores arent going to say no when they can sell that much at once, but still. And I can understand making a little profit, but when you sell a $10-$25 doll for $25-$70 its just not right. I really feel for the parents of the kids that want the dolls.

I'll keep an eye out for you too, but there hasn't been much since before Christmas

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 07:18:40 PM »
The Wal-mart here is cleaned out.  I went today today and all they had were two of the single CAM packs, no dolls at all.  The last time I went, all they had was one 1600 Clawdeen and more of the single CAM packs. :/

Offline Psivampyr

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 07:24:09 PM »
BTW, just curious where do you get a torso for the CAM packs? I almost bought the skele one before Christmas, but my hubby pointed out it had no torso. I didn't buy it because I it seemed weird to buy a half of a doll. I figure that you can interchange with another doll, but that seems kinda dumb since you bought the doll because you LIKE the doll, so why would I snap her apart to make another one.

Knibitz

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 07:27:53 PM »
you have to buy the larger CAM pack
there is a set that comes with a dragon and a sea monster that has two torsos and the upper limbs
what you bought is just an accessory pack to that basically.

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 07:35:19 PM »
This weekend, stores near me had:

Walmart - No dolls.
Target - No dolls. One roadster.
TRU - Several Skull Shores dolls, mostly Ghoulia. One Sweet 1600 Clawdeen, one Fearleading 3-Pack. Sigh.

It's been like this for over two months. No one ever has a full stock of dolls, at the stores other than TRU I'm lucky to come across even one. It's ridiculous. Make more dolls, Mattel!

Offline Psivampyr

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 09:37:33 PM »
Knibitz, I really had no idea they had other packs. I will have to add that to my want list, because I want to build me a Psivampyr. :) Thank you for the information.

I really do appreciate you guys helping me and I will help you if I can. Maybe if we work together we can reach our goals.
I see the beds and the playsets without dolls, and sometimes the clothing. Never dolls tho, I have a Ghoulia, but she's the beach addition, and I much prefer the long hair over the 50's cut. Maybe if someone has a nude long hair and wanna trade one for one? I dunno. She's cute, but I like the original look for her vs the beach.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 09:40:01 PM by Psivampyr »

Offline SummerSkye

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 07:26:21 AM »
My area is the same though I did find a Toralei. Never got original Abbey though and thats who I really want. I found a SS and made my own winter outfit up for her. Whats sickening is that AMazon has her for like $80 (i know its a 3rd party seller but its disgusting!)

Offline tehrin

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 07:28:45 AM »
What I like to do is stalk Amazon (they usually restock about midnight EST) and they offer dolls for $19.99. (This is actually Amazon and not 3rd party) That's how I ended up with some of the harder to find ones like Abbey, Torelai and Oppertta, and DOTD Ghoulia. They're just simply getting wiped out at stores around me too. ;_;

Also check these forums. Once in awhile you might find dolls popping up here. I was able to purchase a Cupid from a member here at cost +shipping.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

(also click for my sales here. :3)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 07:47:44 AM »
I can't find anything in stores here either.

There are always nude auctions on eBay, and some end reasonably. I just snagged the original nude Draculaura for $15

Offline Psivampyr

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 10:40:07 AM »
That's a great price Tuneful, I was stalking ebay for nudes, but I'd hesitate for a min and boom it was gone. Lastnight I got a wild idea to check TRU online and snagged the started kit of CAW. I was pretty excited about that. I wanted Operetta for Valentines day since she was all the colors of love, but I couldn't find one, but for some reason found a Spectra for $20 on ebay with a buy it now and got her instead. I haven't gotten her yet, but she's on the way. I originally just wanted the four dolls that were in the first wave, but now I just can't help myself to love the rest of them. Toys are sneaky like that, you get one and then all of the sudden want them all.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 01:26:14 PM »
Congrats on Spectra! That's a great price. I dressed mine up in Abbey's swimsuit and heels, and she looks absolutely divine.

I too was sucked into the world of MH relatively easy. The more I buy, the more I want!

Offline KneonT

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shadowbinders
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2012, 02:49:24 PM »
Our Walmart got them in a few weeks ago and they were gone right away.  Now they have nothing.  I keep checking back for restock, but so far no luck.
Steampunk, Fantasy, Magic, and Mecha
shadowbinders.com

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal