pinkkittywinks:
Welcome to the mlparena :heart:

Love pkw xxx

Loa:
Hi and welcome to the Arena!
Have fun here :)

TwistedRiver:
Hello and welcome!
Sounds like you and me had similar play styles. I think I would have been convinced I'd died and gone to heaven if I'd had an older cousin gift me with such a collection though Megan would've been shoved to the side with Molly until the next time my friend and I played barbies instead. There she would have gotten a major restyle and possibly a new haircut. As it was most of my childhood herd was either purchased by/gifted to me on birthdays/Christmas or taken from my friends step sister's collection.
I'm sure you'll fit right in here and hope you'll enjoy your stay.

DreamValleyRoseDust:

--- Quote from: TwistedRiver on October 16, 2021, 05:50:26 AM ---Hello and welcome!
Sounds like you and me had similar play styles. I think I would have been convinced I'd died and gone to heaven if I'd had an older cousin gift me with such a collection though Megan would've been shoved to the side with Molly until the next time my friend and I played barbies instead. There she would have gotten a major restyle and possibly a new haircut. As it was most of my childhood herd was either purchased by/gifted to me on birthdays/Christmas or taken from my friends step sister's collection.
I'm sure you'll fit right in here and hope you'll enjoy your stay.

--- End quote ---

Omg thank you for telling me about your MLP play style! I want to start a whole separate thread about this--it all really came out of the fact that the MLP episode of "The Toys that Made Us" seemed to reveal that "grooming play" is the main way that the Hasbro execs believe little girls play with MLP toys--but I don't think I've ever known anyone who loved ponies who didn't play with them as if they were the stars of their own adventure stories. Grooming play was more of a Barbie thing, as I recall (like you alluded to with poor Megan and Molly and their ill-fated hair cuts...!). Like sure, there was some mane and tail braiding, absolutely, but that wasn't the primary thing, mostly it was all about fighting monsters and using magic and saving the world and whatnot!

But thank you so much for sharing your story! I want more data on this from more people (basically to find out if I was just weird of if the Hasbro guys were just wrong!), so I really appreciate your reply!! <3

Post Merge: October 24, 2021, 04:07:37 PM

Thank you all for your awesome welcoming responses! And so sorry for my lag in not seeing them till now--I'm still figuring out the new interface and poking around and learning the forum. This place is super rad and I love being here--thanks again for the warm welcome!!

:lovey:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version