collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 604
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Baby Ferret Brag!  (Read 1604 times)

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
Baby Ferret Brag!
« on: June 21, 2015, 08:11:29 AM »
EDIT 7-16-15: NEW MINI VIDEOS AND PHOTOS! Plus behavior update! :3

VIDEOS:
Silly Playtime!
http://vid1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb429/larsa_richins/VID_23500306_121031.mp4

http://vid1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb429/larsa_richins/VID_23430709_120255.mp4

Bubble Cube Fun!
http://vid1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb429/larsa_richins/VID_23720130_153351.mp4

How did she manage!?...
http://vid1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb429/larsa_richins/VID_63441109_182524.mp4

'Im Full' Face! xD She does this every time she's finished eating!
http://vid1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb429/larsa_richins/VID_26541121_184245.mp4

Woozling around the toys!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Kisses, Hugs, chillin' in Mama's FAV pair of glittery shoes, and pulling off Daddy's headset.... but he desereved it since hubby plays Destiny a bunch. "Daddy, play with ME instead!" She did get her way because shes too cute! :P

BEHAVIOR UPDATE 7-16-15:
Spoiler
So Miku is pretty well-trained now in our home!! The scruffing REALLY shows a dramatic improvment in her biting!! She will play-bite but only if we are playing pretty rough and I grab her and tickle her belly. (Ferrets LAUGH btw!? LOL omg its so so cute! It's like a little weezing cackle! x3) I can walk around without socks and wear my shorts and skirts, not worring about her noming my ankles or toes!! In fact, she is LICKING a lot of stuff now!!! She was licking my Fluttershy plushie and she licks my husbands hands and my arms ALL the time! (and no we are NOT cheating using the ferretone! xP) I have been scruffing her when she goes near the fridge and now after weeks of doing so if she goes near it and she sees me.... she IMMEDIETLY runs away as fast as she can out of the kitchen!!! Now I would never take these two out at once, but she doesnt bother my bearded dragon Zoe and Zoe doesnt seem to bother her. Zoe's viv is low to the ground and even when the two are seperated by a few cm of glass (because Miku will stand up against the glass when Zoe is in the front) nothing bad seems to happen. Zoe will just stare and do her belly dance on the glass thing beardies always do and Miku will be like, "cool" and waddles off. Nirobi and Kiyomi, my sand boa and baby leopard gecko, are too high up on desks so all 3 are unaware of each other. Miku is 100% litter-trained even outside of her cage. We do have a new litterpan for her when she needs to go stinky or potty outside of her cage BUT she will go back into her cage and actually go potty in there when she needs to- we keep her latch open even when she is out playing. So she is 100% also on her raw-foods diet we had planned for her! She is switched over to the cat food Instincts Raw Boost kibble Turkey and she also likes the Chicken flavor. Her treats are those dehydrated chicken breast jerky strips for dogs you can pick up at Walmart! She also LOVES this kind of cat treat called Simply Nature which is freeze-dried turkey and chicken bits. I call it SPACE FOOD! xP She LOVES IT! Im teaching her that trick to 'sit pretty' with those treats and I have been giving them to her as a reward every time she uses the litterbox. Since I have had her switched over to this diet her coat has been SO MUCH SOFTER, her teeth are super clean, and her poop is much less watery and dries faster! OH! As far as her litter box goes we bought a sterilite container for $3.88 (the clear shallow flat one at Walmart with the green handles) and we zip-tied it down to the side of the cage with the giant door so she cant move or tip it over. For her litter we have had the best luck with the fast-absorbing paper pellets you can buy in the rabbit section of Petsmart and a big bag of it is only $9!!! It super easy to clean too! When she goes stinkies a lot I make sure the ferret presents dry up and scoop them and the surrounding litter into a walmart bag and take it out to the dumpster. I add in some new litter and spray the cage with Citrus Magic. I have had NO odor problems with her! She still smells good in fact, kind if like jelly when she gets out of her bath and usually like french toast or maple!!

She still LOVES to play more than anything!!! She will paw at her cage when she is awake and wants to play! :3 She had been SO WELL TEMPERED that if she keeps being this good when we get a house can can probably get her a little sable sister!!!! :'3

*I recondmend ferret owners reading to try to switch them over to a more raw diet! Her poop stinks no where near as bad as when we first got her and she had the Marshal Ferret kibble in her system. Her fur is insanely soft and the  dehydrated chicken breast treats have been clearing of any tartar she once had!

Thanks for reading all of this if you got this far! I really appreciate you for caring about how Miku is doing!!!

So I have a fun story to tell! xD So remember on the ferret thread and shoutout board how I would mention we were getting a ferret in july? Well... my husband...is a stinker.... and surprised me yesterday with a baby albino female ferret he named Miku! She is sooo little and fluffies!!!
٩(♡ε♡ )۶

He named her Miku after, yep, "Sakura" Hatsune Miku because she is pink and white! Full story:
Spoiler
He wanted to get a ferret 5 hours away at a ferret rescue when he was told there was a sad lonely albino ferret at a Petco that apparently no one wanted because of her colors and her fiestyness. Guess she was just as needy! Husband said he said he needed to go out to Denton (which btw is REALLY far!)  and told me to come with and he would even get me lunch on the way out so I was like OK! We drove out to an OLD petco and I started getting nervous!!!! I see "Miku" asleep in her igloo. So the staff really warned me about her saying she bit a lot and scratched a lot and took her out only to go to the vet for her shots. An employee said that the only way to clip her nails was to have someone scruff her while someone else trims (awwee......). They also said she was there for a while and never got picked out because she bit. Well, I still wanted to hold her anyways. When I touched her and held her she started dooking and sniffing when I held her and the employees were SUPRISED!!! She didnt really bite but her nails were so long they did stratch my arms up. I felt an instant connection with her and we adopted her! Ive got all her certificates and shot records! The employees wished me a serious "good luck".  She dug and tried to claw through her pet carrier (that we bought in advance) trying to get out on the way home so I held the carrier and she eventually fell asleep. When we brought her home we put her in her new enclosure and she sniffed the whole place a million miles an hour!!! We gave her a bath to calm her down. She had an accident in the bathtub and I scooped up her poop, placed it in the litter box, and showed her the litterbox. She HASNT had any accidents since!!! I clipped her nails by distracting her with ferretone on her belly LOL so no more scratchies!!! I let her rest after grooming and drying, put on her collar, then played with her!!! She is SO FUN OMG!!!! So much silly war dances and noises when she plays with me!!! She does sometimes bite too hard, but I scruff her and tell her NO softly everytime she does it. Other than that she doesnt do anything mean!!! When I do scruff her omg she yawns everytime! xD I think she is just a very very misunderstood ferret and she just really wanted someone to hardcore play with!!! She has a ton of toys but her favorite is a squeeky mouse fishpole toy!! When she is out she is always playing with that or going into shoes LOL!! She does knock her food over and rolls around a lot under her bed but thats to be expected. She LOVES her hammock!! OMG she is seriously so sweet and silly. She has a very pleasant smell around her face that smells like grape jelly or even honey. It sticks to my clothes and arms and I just LOVE smelling it!!! Her enclosure smells sweet, all her poop is in her litter box and that doesnt even stink either. I try to give her a treat every time she goes potty in her litter box but she doesnt seem to like any ferret or cat treats so i give her a lick of ferretone. She likes her kibble and likes the Purely fancy feast chicken shreads, but she likes only the broth so far. Also she isnt noisy at all! I will hear her drink and move some toys around or crunch her kibble but thats about it. I think she will help me fight my ongoing depression as I havnt had any problems with it since we got her!!! Allllllll I think about is wanting to play with her. Literally!!!! Nothing negetive on my mind at all or bad thoughts!!! I will talk to my psychiatrist and let her know my progress recovering with this kind of "animal therapy" i call it lol. My reptiles have really been helping, but I personally feel like Miku skyrocketed my happy thoughts and I might produce more serotonin. Anyways I will stop gabbing for now in the spoiler but im seriously obsessed with her!!! I wish it was my days off so I can play with her all day! xD

So it was extremely hard to get these photos LOL she moves around SO much! When she sees me ALL she wants to do is play!!!! Its like.... she will be dead asleep in her home but If i walk by she jumps up to play!! xD

I have a few videos of her playing on my IG, its @sprinklecupcakepuff if you want to see them!! I NEED video of her tiny self war dancing LOL she looks like a white curve pouncing around LOLz!!!

I am so overwhelmed- excited still that I wanted to share!!! :3
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 11:12:45 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline Dawn

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ferret Brag!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 08:14:33 AM »
Wow! She's so beautiful, congratulations! I love the little pink collar you gave her ^^

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Baby Ferret Brag!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 09:41:32 AM »
She's adorable!! Congratulations!  ^.^

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 10:20:32 AM »
Very cute!  :)  I hope she smells like grape jelly forever!  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 10:44:47 AM »
You did it! Aww ... so cute. It sounds like you two are meant to be together. Congrats!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 11:18:05 AM »
Squeeee! She's sooo cuuute! I'm so glad she got her forever home with an understanding family. :) And yes i'd love to see her war dances!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 11:21:09 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2015, 12:02:56 PM »
Awww... She's adorable! I wish I could kiss that little face! xD

|My Collection|

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2015, 06:30:24 PM »
Oh man, your ferret is officially a contender against mine for cutest ferret.  ;)

Seriously though, she's adorable.  Congrats!  I'm really excited about seeing more cute ferret pictures in my Instragram feed!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 06:36:52 PM by MoonbeamStar »
Instagram / Want List

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2015, 11:39:10 PM »
I want to see videos of this little cutie!! Post a link please :3

Princess Lala

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2015, 07:26:29 AM »
Thank you everyone!!!!! :-3 Eeeeeeek I played with her again earlier and she was war dancing and bumped into the couch, got scared, then bumped into the other leg of the couch and then grumbled all the way to the kitchen LOL. I seriously cannot get over how crazy playful she is!!!! She is getting her last shot for the year in a little bit! :3

@Moonbeamstar thank you!!! To be honest when I was taking pictures of her I was thinking, how does Moonbeamstar take such good photos of Furret!? Miku is such a spaz I cant even get her to hold still unless i put her vitamins on her tummy! xD I was also wondering if Furret nipped a lot when he was a baby? Im hoping Miku will grow out of her biting issue lol she bites the inside of my arm and my husbands toes! I might need some apple bitter spray for our bodies lol.

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2015, 10:00:44 AM »
SO cute!!!!  I'm so glad you were able to rescue her from Petco, lol.  I'll have to go follow you on Instagram, just so I can see her!

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2015, 02:38:14 PM »
She is very adorable! Congrats!!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2015, 02:43:32 PM »
Thank you everyone!!!!! :-3 Eeeeeeek I played with her again earlier and she was war dancing and bumped into the couch, got scared, then bumped into the other leg of the couch and then grumbled all the way to the kitchen LOL. I seriously cannot get over how crazy playful she is!!!! She is getting her last shot for the year in a little bit! :3

@Moonbeamstar thank you!!! To be honest when I was taking pictures of her I was thinking, how does Moonbeamstar take such good photos of Furret!? Miku is such a spaz I cant even get her to hold still unless i put her vitamins on her tummy! xD I was also wondering if Furret nipped a lot when he was a baby? Im hoping Miku will grow out of her biting issue lol she bites the inside of my arm and my husbands toes! I might need some apple bitter spray for our bodies lol.

I take about 20 pictures and then I pick the least blurry one for Instagram. :lol:

Furret did nip a lot when he was younger and never grew out of it.  Sometimes I put a little lemon juice on my legs when I want to be left alone and he usually gets the hint.  But he's extremely playful, so all I have to do is grab his squeaky toy and he's suddenly distracted.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2015, 02:47:33 PM »
Aww- sounds like you will give her a good home.  Will she have ferrety siblings or just her?

Princess Lala

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2015, 12:26:00 AM »
Thank you guys for the lovely responses!!!! :blush:

I've been doing the same, taking a bunch of pictures and picking out the least blurry lol. It's even harder because I can't use flash photography on her since she is albino! Her eyes are extra ultra sensitive. Lemon juice? Might have to train her with that!

As much as I wish I could give her a sister, there are a few factors! My landlady manager doesn't mind me having a small caged animal as long as its under control but she always tells me I have so many pets! xD    Also I was told by employees that Miku was very mean to her tankmates and always aggressively hissed at them.  For now, its just her!

So here is a mini update on her!! The excessive  scruffing when she 'chomps' seems to be working with her and she is biting WAY less!! She actually licked my nose today and I flinched because I really thought she was going to bite! She is still grabbing at Coles ankles and toes LOL! I got her to hold still in my arms for a few minutes and pet her as she usually just wiggles out to get her toys lol!

She did the most cutest thing ever yesterday!!!!! I actually don't know HOW she did it because my husband and I keep close eye on her. So I leave my work vest on the floor and she will usually roll around in it. Anyways, I went into work and found her kibble in my pockets!!!! :'3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal