collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokemon Swap - COMPLETED :D  (Read 66310 times)

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Pokemon Swap - Shopping time
« Reply #285 on: March 23, 2015, 07:15:22 AM »
^ ooooo! Same here!!!! :D I cant wait for some of this stuff to get here in the mail! ^ͺ^  im SO excited for my partners box and im not even done shopping yet! So far i made some art and bought a couple of items! Im waiting fpr a few auctions to come close to ending :) i wish they had a BIN option! X(

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 23, 2015, 07:30:30 AM »
Has anyone else been watching the Twitch Plays Pokemon Red Anniversary run? (I got sucked in again this year lol). They just caught Mewtwo, which means they have FINALLY caught them all, which I find really impressive considering its been so many people trying to play one game at once lol. (also with it over.... I can get back to my regular scheduled swap shopping XD )
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline Dainty

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SHS collector ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 23, 2015, 09:22:51 AM »
I almost bought my partner some cool 90s pokemon wrapping paper to wrap presents in...
But I don't think I could bring myself to cut it up so I changed my mind lol :blush:

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 23, 2015, 09:51:33 AM »
I almost bought my partner some cool 90s pokemon wrapping paper to wrap presents in...
But I don't think I could bring myself to cut it up so I changed my mind lol :blush:

I wonder if we saw the same wrapping paper? :lol: I almost bought it as well...still might, but I want to wait.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Dainty

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SHS collector ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 23, 2015, 09:56:28 AM »
Maybe :3 I know there were like 4 different types I looked at :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 23, 2015, 10:43:48 AM »
The wrapping paper I found was on eBay.  I didn't think I'd find any, but a simple search took me to 3 different listings! :lol:

Also, I just want to say that I absolutely love my partner.  I may have only gotten one thing for them so far, but I just know I'm going to have so much fun shopping for them come convention time!
Instagram / Want List

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 23, 2015, 10:55:40 AM »
I for one am inspired by my partner! :D The handmade items I am making inspired me thinking that maybe I should make something like them for Tracon (a convention in Tampere) this year  IF I happen to have luck to get a table from the artist alley. So many ideas brewing in my head! *3*

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 23, 2015, 11:35:41 AM »
I really wish I was good at custom items. I really want to give my partner a custom item or two, but I don't have much experience outside of using other people's free patterns :(

In the meantime though, I managed to get my partner a couple of smaller items to start with! :)

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #293 on: March 23, 2015, 01:28:59 PM »
Success! I found an item from my partner's wish list!

How do yall feel about art? Is there a particular way you like art to be presented? like do you prefer ATCs that you can store in a binder with sleeves with your pokemon cards, do you like full sheets in a page protector in a binder, do you like cards, envelopes, bookmarks, ect?

Seriously I want to draw some pokemon but I want to make sure my partner is someone who  would like pokemon art. (I made the mistake once of sending pony art on envelopes, wrapping paper, cards, ect in a swap only to find out they didn't really like art work so they threw it away. My mistake for not asking if they liked artwork!)

So What about yall, what are some of your favorite art pieces/sizes/types ect. Talk art to me!

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 23, 2015, 01:35:06 PM »

How do yall feel about art? Is there a particular way you like art to be presented? like do you prefer ATCs that you can store in a binder with sleeves with your pokemon cards, do you like full sheets in a page protector in a binder, do you like cards, envelopes, bookmarks, ect?

Seriously I want to draw some pokemon but I want to make sure my partner is someone who  would like pokemon art. (I made the mistake once of sending pony art on envelopes, wrapping paper, cards, ect in a swap only to find out they didn't really like art work so they threw it away. My mistake for not asking if they liked artwork!)

So What about yall, what are some of your favorite art pieces/sizes/types ect. Talk art to me!

I love any kind of art work, although anything I can frame or put in a binder with my cards works best.  Seriously though, as someone who doesn't draw or anything anymore, I love get art from artists.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Chaosette

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I'm interested in everything to do with MLP:FiM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 23, 2015, 01:45:51 PM »
Dearest partner,
You have put lots of cheap things on your wish list and I want nothing more than to buy them all for you!
But I have encountered a problem.
Shipping to your country is probably free or very cheap, but to Canada it is very expensive. I know shipping doesn't count as part of the budget (of course!) but I wouldn't be able to afford to get you more than two of your cheap things if I order the exact ones on your list :(
I am going to do my best to find them with cheaper shipping to Canada!
But dear partner (aka all of you, since I can't ask directly hehe) my question for you is :
If you have cheap things on your wish list, is it okay to find something extremely similar? Or have you listed things because their authenticity/country of origin/language is important no matter how cheap they are?

Thanks loves :)

For example : if you've wishlisted a monncolle Japanese language blister pack, would you be okay with a Auldey one instead of the same character ?
(This isn't what's on my partners list but this is the basic problem Im having . I'd be able to get 5-6 of one brand of what looks to me like the exact same thing, but it is a different brand. If I got what my partner listed Id only be able to afford one. )
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 02:13:42 PM by Chaosette »

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #296 on: March 23, 2015, 02:15:07 PM »
HOLD EVERYTHING! I just now changed my favorite Pokemon of all time. Move over, Vulpix -- I just found out what a shiny Furfrou looks like! SHINY FURFROU IS BEST POKEMON! Off to add this to my main post.

just a quick question as it feels weird not geting my partner at least one pony does everyone have pony wishlists I dont atm because I'm still trying to gather all my ponyhs togeather to see what I have
I have a wishlist linked in my sig, but it is in desperate need of updating!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 23, 2015, 02:18:37 PM »
For example : if you've wishlisted a monncolle Japanese language blister pack, would you be okay with a Auldey one instead of the same character ?
(This isn't what's on my partners list but this is the basic problem Im having . I'd be able to get 5-6 of one brand of what looks to me like the exact same thing, but it is a different brand. If I got what my partner listed Id only be able to afford one. )

Yep that's totally okay! I totally understand you on the shipping thing (I'm messaging sellers left and right to get estimates because some merchandise is deceptively heavy/bulky (plushes are the worst for this) and I'd reeeeally rather not get slapped with a £10 shipping fee for an otherwise cheap item!  :lol: )
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #298 on: March 23, 2015, 02:22:49 PM »

*Gasp* How horrible! I have several pieces of your artwork from swaps and things and I have them all on display. I would love artwork in pretty much any size -- as I keep saying, I'm cool with pretty much anything my partner wants to send!

If you have cheap things on your wish list, is it okay to find something extremely similar? Or have you listed things because their authenticity/country of origin/language is important no matter how cheap they are?
Well, for my part, I just made a wishlist of things I found that looked cool. As I said in my post, the wishlist is just a guidelines of the types of things that I like. But you know what? It would be very hard to go wrong with me. Even if somehow my partner ended up sending me a Trubbish figure or something I would still love it. It's still a pokemon and sent with love (well, I guess)!

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 23, 2015, 02:23:49 PM »
But dear partner (aka all of you, since I can't ask directly hehe) my question for you is :

Thanks loves :)

I'm okay with this, as I totally understand wanting to avoid high shipping costs.
Instagram / Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal