collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disney Animator Dolls Question + Help Me Decide?  (Read 5283 times)

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
Disney Animator Dolls Question + Help Me Decide?
« on: June 15, 2014, 09:30:11 PM »
I am really tempted to get at least one of the Disney Animators Dolls, but at this point I can't really decide who or even if I will buy one. I've got some birthday money though lol.  :P

I'd really love Rapunzel and/or Merida (and maybe Ariel or Belle if I had the money) but my biggest worry is that I'm going to take them out of their boxes and their hair will never be the same. With Rapunzel having so much hair I've heard it's a nightmare to keep tidy, even for an adult collector. And Merida's curls are difficult to keep styled cleanly as well. Is this true?

Hair is the reason I keep lots of my ponies MIB, I don't want to risk their hair getting messy and they display so nicely in box... plus deboxing is devaluing. It's already going to cost me a fair amount to get them because of the cost of postage, I may just check if it's cheaper from Disney than ebay... but I just know that I won't be able to just leave them in their boxes!

I don't know, do you reckon I'll be able to resist opening them?
If I do, am I just going to end up mucking them up by accident?
Who's a better pick, Rapunzel or Merida? Does anyone have any pictures they'd like to share to help me decide?
What's a fair price I should be looking for, considering postage?

I just don't know, they're all so beautiful but I don't want to regret spending so much on a doll. I'm finding it so hard to decide!  >_<
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 09:46:05 PM by Tulips »
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
Re: Disney Animator Dolls maintenance etc?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 09:45:19 PM »
i have a mulan that i kept in the box. and i have most of the other dolls, but i've been buying them (recycle shops mostly) to customize, and yeah the hair is hard. i did comb out rapunzel's hair cuz i'm cutting it short, and thought with how long it was i could rehair a few mh dolls with it. XD
once i combed it kept really well.
if you display them upright. your bigger concern will be dust. not tangled hair though.

as far as price i believe they retail at 20 to 25. so don't pay more than that. they are both characters you can still get in stores, so if you can get to a disney store that's a better option as most charge 8 to 10 for shipping inside the states. i've bought all mine used and don't like paying more that 5 or 10 for a harder to find one.
if i pay more than that, they need to have their clothes so i can sell them off to make up the difference etc. are you only going for nib?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 09:48:11 PM by rosierjay »

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Disney Animator Dolls Question + Help Me Decide?
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 09:48:45 PM »
Dust, good point! So maybe keeping them in box would be better...
I'd be dropping at least $50 per doll because of postage though, is there any cheaper way to get them in Australia?
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 09:55:15 PM »
golly i don't know.
sometimes on ebay i see people selling them with free shipping world wide. that might be worth a shot.
just have to be careful about the box.
sometime people label other disney store exclusives as animator dolls, they'll even look similar, but the heads don't nod. if they don't nod its not a true animator doll.
personally i love merida's face more than rapunzel's. so funny! but i don't really care for her character.

Offline CrystalMist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Colorado is sooooo pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 05:37:25 PM »
I have a Merida, and her hair is kind of unruly, but it gives her more personality!  :lol: I just finger comb hers, and most of my collection, (including Ariel's and Belle's) hair stays pretty nice. And cute! Personally, I don't have a Animators Rapunzel, but my princess version of her has crazy hair. (Oh, and my opinion? I prefer Merida. She has the cutest smirk!!) I hope I can help!  :biggrin:
I'm always looking for a Blythe accessories. PM me for any info!cloud_weaver is the best sister ever!!! :heart:

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 08:12:52 PM »
I'm definitely leaning towards Merida but if I could splurge and get Rapunzel and Belle too hmmm... what kind of quality are they, are they worth $50 in your opinions? ^.^
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 09:14:00 PM »
I'm definitely leaning towards Merida but if I could splurge and get Rapunzel and Belle too hmmm... what kind of quality are they, are they worth $50 in your opinions? ^.^
they are pretty good quality, but i wouldn't spend 50$
i had a hard time spending 25 of mulan new from the store.

if you can find someone who could sell you all three, would the shipping be a little cheaper?

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2014, 10:17:35 PM »
they are pretty good quality, but i wouldn't spend 50$
i had a hard time spending 25 of mulan new from the store.

if you can find someone who could sell you all three, would the shipping be a little cheaper?

It seems that whether I try to find them on ebay, amazon or direct from the disney store the cumulative cost of postage plus the price of the dolls themselves makes them at least $50 each. Man this is frustrating lol.
Though I did see the cheaper version by TollyTots in store at TRU the other day and they were $50... maybe that's the best I'm gonna get for the real deal? :P
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline CrystalMist

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 07:08:58 AM »
Well, bought mine from the Disney store/website, so $50 is a bit much. But they're really nice quality.
I'm always looking for a Blythe accessories. PM me for any info!cloud_weaver is the best sister ever!!! :heart:

faeriesblood

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2014, 07:14:06 AM »
Those are really cute. I'm really liking the Snow White and Mulan ones. I've seen a few on amazon for $35

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2014, 12:32:05 AM »
I decided to get just Merida for now (and an enamel pin of my fav princesses to appease the longing lol) because she certainly has the most character with that cheeky little smirk.
Rapunzel and Belle are sweet but they're a little plain, their hair is what drew me in but their faces are just a bit too blank... adorable, but I like a princess to have personality, not just a pretty face. ^.^

On another note, what kind of clothes can be bought to fit these dolls?
I've heard maybe American Girl stuff can fit, I really want to get Merida some adorable little overalls.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 12:40:18 AM by Tulips »
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline CrystalMist

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2014, 03:27:22 PM »
Awe! Cute! American doll should fit, but I'm not sure.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2014, 03:29:57 PM »
american girl are a little too big.
i make most of my clothes for the dolls.
but i'm also making alot of oc characters.

haven't found too many good patterns for pants though.

Offline FluffleNuff

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • ME MYSELF AND PONY
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2014, 07:18:47 PM »
Personally, I'd go for Merida! Because even if her hair gets messy, you can still excuse it! And Rapunzel's hair seems REALLY long...

In Singapore, the best offer I've got so far is SGD$60 for one. And that's much more than the prices you guys are quoting, I guess the shipping kills, huh?
A PONY A DAY KEEPS THE SMILES ON YOUR FACE

Offline werepuppy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2014, 11:59:24 AM »
Oh, I'm hopefully going for my first Animator's Doll this weekend! And I think I've settled on Merida as well. They are really adorable, aren't they? I'm quite taken by Tiana and Mulan as well. I think Tiana has the loveliest smile on her.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal