collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ok....don't hate me but...  (Read 4175 times)

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
Re: Ok....don't hate me but...
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2014, 12:52:19 PM »
Honestly... I do kind of agree. I remember this really good guy friend of mine knows I like MLP, and one time we were in the store and he just randomly plopped a FiM DVD in the basket for me and I thought it was very sweet and then he insisted we watch it together - I did not expect that one. xD One of the episodes on the DVD was the episode where Twilight Sparkle becomes a princess and it was so full of singing and I was all like "The show is not usually like this..."  :redface: He didn't seem as flustered about it, though... lol.

But when I watch MLP, I know that it's not particularly aimed at my age group, and really, some of the songs are actually very enjoyable. For example, I loved the song in "May the Best Pet Win" and the musical inspired Flim Flam Brothers song. I know I enjoyed some from MLP n' Friends, too, but I don't really remember them...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2014, 02:04:09 PM »
There are a few songs I can't stand and some I laugh at (Nature's in Harmony... do wah do wah :lol: ) but most I like because they remind me of when I was little and I loved them :)

As for Disney, they just have awesome songs :biggrin:
My Wish List

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2014, 07:01:37 PM »
Nope nope nope :P

I loooooooooooooooove all songs - if I could go through life starring in my own musical I would be quite happy. I am one of those horrible people who burst into song at random and often inappropriate moments and usually just because I hear a word that makes me think of a song.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2014, 12:08:39 AM »
Me too. Im not a fan of the singing anymore. As a kid I liked it alot. :D

Thank you :heart:

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2014, 05:02:58 AM »
That's the same issue I had.  Last season we kept getting more and more songs to the point where I turned off an episode.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2014, 02:16:23 PM »
I adore the songs in Firefly's Adventure but I agree the ones from the Tv series are just terrible.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2014, 02:32:54 PM »

I loooooooooooooooove all songs - if I could go through life starring in my own musical I would be quite happy. I am one of those horrible people who burst into song at random and often inappropriate moments and usually just because I hear a word that makes me think of a song.

Me too Hathorcat!! Love it all!! I still know all the words to theme tunes and things I knew as a kid!! And I always sing when a word reminds me of a song!! Sorry, I'm cheesy, and like cheesy stuff!!

Jules x

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2014, 03:09:47 PM »

Me too Hathorcat!! Love it all!! I still know all the words to theme tunes and things I knew as a kid!! And I always sing when a word reminds me of a song!! Sorry, I'm cheesy, and like cheesy stuff!!

Jules x

HAHAHAHA!  We can all be in an impromptu flash mob musical then!  :D
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Silver Glade

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Collector for Life!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2014, 03:36:33 PM »
The G1 series seems like it had a "one song per episode" mandate from the higher-ups.  Thus, the sub-par quality of songs most of the time.  Many of them are quite slapdash and usually don't contribute anything to the story.   >_<

I agree that the song quality in FiM has gone down (along with everything else).  I liked when Ingram played around with homages to Sondheim musicals and stuff.  Back in the first season when I'm sure he thought that his MLP work wouldn't amount to much anyway.  Gee, it's almost like the best stuff is made when no one is watching!  :P

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2014, 05:09:58 PM »

YEP, same here! Or quotes from movies or TV commercials. :p
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2014, 07:36:32 PM »
I liked a couple songs (the sea pony's song, for sure!), but most of them make me cringe.

The background music was terrible too, it was always the exact same thing and often placed awkwardly, or played too loudly.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2015, 05:00:49 AM »
A lot of them I don't like either but some I do. It's a bit of a shame really, I listen to Care bears the movie and all the songs are much better quality :huh: I think the animation is much better as well, anyone know why this might be?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij9Bjl2Gy1c
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Nightbow

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • A figment of your imagination
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2015, 07:17:01 AM »
Meh, I'm pretty forgiving. However in my teen years I used Youtube to look up the episodes I missed as a kid, and when not looking through nostalgia goggles it's sometimes another story. Like the one in the Prince and the ponies where the four baby ponies turn into monsters halfway through the song (what the flank?). It was both horribly sung and ugly to look at.
I'm looking to buy Port-o-Bella. Please email me.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2015, 09:35:46 AM »
A lot of them I don't like either but some I do. It's a bit of a shame really, I listen to Care bears the movie and all the songs are much better quality :huh: I think the animation is much better as well, anyone know why this might be?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij9Bjl2Gy1c

I prefer Care Bears Movie II songs, like Flyin My Colors, Growing Up, Our Beginnings and Forever Young. They were so well done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1552G4hwFw&list=PL226E80560971D45C
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 09:38:44 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2015, 09:39:23 AM »

Jules x

HAHAHAHA!  We can all be in an impromptu flash mob musical then!  :D

Can I join? 8D I looove breaking into song at random!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal