collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What is a grail?  (Read 743 times)

cleverLC

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: What is a grail?
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2013, 04:50:32 AM »
My current grail is actually a fakie, so you don't even have to call an official MLP your "grail."

Offline Jemofirongate

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2013, 04:57:39 AM »
I believe the Grail ie 'The Holy Grail' is supposedly the cup from which Christ served his disciples wine at the Last Supper and thus has great significance in Christian history and has since been referred to in literature, film and TV.

In pony terms it is the pony you try so hard to get but never quite seem to be able to  - like a never ending quest. Your pony 'grail' is not necessarily a rare one (although they often are) but just one that you really really really want for whatever reason

Jem :biggrin:
Most Wanted! Megans Place Accessories, Please PM me if you want to sell :-)

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2013, 06:05:32 AM »
I believe the Grail ie 'The Holy Grail' is supposedly the cup from which Christ served his disciples wine at the Last Supper and thus has great significance in Christian history and has since been referred to in literature, film and TV.

Jem :biggrin:

You are bang on the money there!
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline Cron Sacchariferous

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Cities in Dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2013, 09:05:23 AM »
The term 'Holy Grail' comes from, 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail' if I'm correct.

It features in it but The Holy Grail is also a religious myth that has appeared in Indiana Jones, has in some rumours a connection to the Templars. It's basically a religious artifact that may or may not exist like Pandora's Box, (which may or may not also be the Ark of the Covenant) and other mysterious religious myths.

*cough* I read a lot of books, watch a lot of films, get swamped in a lot of myth and fantasy (some actual real history too) and yet I'm not religious.

Ok, ok! You guys got me!  :P I only thought so because my stupid ex made me watch most of the Monty Python movies.  :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks for correcting me guys! 

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2013, 09:31:44 AM »
I believe that a Grail is a term used differently depending on the person...

I have multiple "Grail" items - my last few sea pony shells, South African Seashell...

But I also use the term for ponies who aren't so rare who I've just really been looking for... At the time being though, most of the time the ponies I seek are rare anyway, so... grail and rare tend to go hand in hand for me. :)
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal