collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Little Pony game for IOS! Post your Gameloft IDs! ID List in first post!  (Read 189990 times)

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
A St. Patrick's Day update?  I'd prefer an update that fixes the bug that makes my game crash at the "Hasbro Gaming" screen each and every time I try to play it. 

Filed a complaint with Gameloft.  Never heard back.

Offline PhyllieBean

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • an apparent glutton for dramaz
    • View Profile
A St. Patrick's Day update?  I'd prefer an update that fixes the bug that makes my game crash at the "Hasbro Gaming" screen each and every time I try to play it. 

^THIS^
My game hasn't worked at all for at least a month, and I even did the last update through the app store.  Still crashing at start up.  I keep hoping that an update will come out and it will work again, but it's looking more like I'm going to have to delete it and start over, losing all the crap tons of progress I had made.  GRRRRRRRR!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Persona designed by Winged Fantasy with updated symbol by Pop-Girl (check my fancy av!)  Thanks ladies!

Gogobinsin

• Trade Count: (0)
My ID is Gogobinsin as on here. I just downloaded the game about an hour ago and so far have no friends so would appreciate anyone adding me, thank you :)

Offline ColdWarriors

• Bratz Pony
    • View Profile

^THIS^
My game hasn't worked at all for at least a month, and I even did the last update through the app store.  Still crashing at start up.  I keep hoping that an update will come out and it will work again, but it's looking more like I'm going to have to delete it and start over, losing all the crap tons of progress I had made.  GRRRRRRRR!
YES.
This has happened to me twice now, the first time I waited for MONTHS to see if it would ever fix itself. eventually I just deleted it and started over, but yesterday it started crashing again- 50,000 bits, 35 gems, and 200 hearts, yeah I'm not even going to try starting over.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 02:15:29 PM by Immaneedsomemuffin »
Formerly immaneedsomemuffin ;D

Offline Queen Eclipsia

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
I just got the update too.

May I beg for some treasure chests?  I'm 8 away from completing a quest.  I'm mysticfyre.

Thank you so much!

Queen Eclipsia, is that your name in the game?  I'd be glad to send if you add me.

Yes, that's my name. I'll add you :)

Offline astroasis

• Fancy Pants Baby
  • Rabid Toy Collector
    • View Profile
I had the exact same thing happen to me. Game wouldn't load, kept crashing at start up... I had to do the same thing. Start over :(

Same thing ALSO happened to me with the only other Gameloft game I've ever played: Littlest Pet Shop. One day, the game just started freezing every time I tried to interact with one of my pets. I just deleted the game eventually. I can only handle one game by a crappy developer at a time and MLP is my chosen "game that drives me nuts with glitches".

Speaking of driving me nuts... I was FIVE gems away from getting Rarity. FIVE!!!! And while playing last night before bed (yes, I was a little sleepy and not entirely with it) I accidentally tapped the 25 gem PAID balloon pop tent. TWENTY-FIVE FRIGGIN' GEMS GONE. On the plus side, I at least got a pony from the game (Dr. Whooves), but now I am 28 gems away from buying Rarity. Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

Unfortunately for Gameloft, it's their BAD customer service (written to them three times about various things, only been responded to once to say they would "look into" my problem) and their inability to have a game that you can RESUME after a reinstall and their tendency for their games to REQUIRE a reinstall and the hours and days and weeks of GRINDING for ridiculously expensive gem items (and no, Gameloft, I WON'T buy gems for all the reasons I just mentioned) that will lead me to eventually just give up the game entirely. Any one of these problems would be frustrating, but you combine the four of them and this game is pretty much an exercise in futility. It goes from "Wow! This is fun!" to "I wonder if I'll get Rarity before I lose all my progress... and if so, I wonder how long I'll have her for before I lose her and everything else."

Again... SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH.
I primarily collect G1/G3 Ponies, Littlest Pet Shop, Monster High dolls and Mini Lalaloopsies. I also collect vinyl figures, dolls and 80's toys in general.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
The game bas just update! Only one new pony. You said you see the info on facebook, there is a group for the game?
I saw it on the my little pony facebook page.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile

^THIS^
YES.
This has happened to me twice now, the first time I waited for MONTHS to see if it would ever fix itself. eventually I just deleted it and started over, but yesterday it started crashing again- 50,000 bits, 35 gems, and 200 hearts, yeah I'm not even going to try starting over.

Uuugh, more horror stories like mine.  Sorry to hear that so many people are having this problem and Gameloft doesn't seem to care. :(  I went to their forums and the Gameloft representatives responding to people with the crashing problem just spewed out the cookie cutter answer of "file a complaint here!" with the link to their customer service page.  I filed a complaint.  No one contacted me.  The crashing problem is so prevalent that when you go to file a complaint on their customer service site, the crashing problem is permanently listed there and you can click on the category "Crash at Launch" to begin the complaint filing process.  Embarrassingly bad.

Yeah, I heard the game can start working again if you reinstall it but you have to start over completely.  I don't feel like it's worth it if the bug still isn't fixed.  It could just happen again and again.  No thanks.  I won't be playing again until it's fixed.  So upset by this.

flutterwry

I'd prefer an update that fixes the bug that makes my game crash at the "Hasbro Gaming" screen each and every time I try to play it. 
A word momentous calmly hast thou spoken. :thumb:

Unfortunately for Gameloft, it's their BAD customer service (written to them three times about various things, only been responded to once to say they would "look into" my problem)
Sorry to hear about the accidental tap. You're not alone in this, however... (Not that this is really comforting...)
Gameloft and its weird customer service seems legendary. Few people seem to have made positive encounters, the majority, however, is dissappointed to enraged. On their official forums, someone even wrote he filed charges at the police after his purchased premium currency for another GL game vanished and he was ignored for weeks by support and forum mods. The policeman told him that he was not the first one to take this drastic step. Not until after he posted this, one of the mods finally descended to answer.

Uuugh, more horror stories like mine.  Sorry to hear that so many people are having this problem and Gameloft doesn't seem to care. :(  I went to their forums and the Gameloft representatives responding to people with the crashing problem just spewed out the cookie cutter answer of "file a complaint here!" with the link to their customer service page.  I filed a complaint.  No one contacted me.  The crashing problem is so prevalent that when you go to file a complaint on their customer service site, the crashing problem is permanently listed there and you can click on the category "Crash at Launch" to begin the complaint filing process.  Embarrassingly bad.
"rest assured that <yadayada> fixed <blabla> next update"... hehe, the  GL forum mods.  :lookround: I am convinced that most of them are just bots, randomly posting some cookie cutter reply under some threads. Only on very special occasions  they stoop to answer in person. I have yet to figure out what these might be - I suppose it has something to do with certain planet constellations and the moon phase combined with their CEO's tie colour, the canteen menu and the toilet attendant's mood. Something like that. :toot:

Yeah, I heard the game can start working again if you reinstall it but you have to start over completely.  I don't feel like it's worth it if the bug still isn't fixed.  It could just happen again and again.  No thanks.  I won't be playing again until it's fixed.  So upset by this.
I doubt it will ever be fixed. They'll introduce some more new pricey ponies and decor items, which probably takes a big lot less effort than thoroughly testing and bug fixing their stuff. And they'll try to sell gems. The rest doesn't matter, it's just a cost factor. As soon as that cash cow is milked, they'll completely stop any further development of the game.

Regarding the crashes, here's something which seems to work at least on iOS: http://www.reddit.com/r/MLPIOS/comments/18x12u/ios_crash_at_launch_potential_fix/ But I can't guarantee for it, haven't tried it myself.

Offline PhyllieBean

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • an apparent glutton for dramaz
    • View Profile
Regarding the crashes, here's something which seems to work at least on iOS: http://www.reddit.com/r/MLPIOS/comments/18x12u/ios_crash_at_launch_potential_fix/ But I can't guarantee for it, haven't tried it myself.

Gonna give this a try when I get home and have some time.  I'll keep everyone posted!

Persona designed by Winged Fantasy with updated symbol by Pop-Girl (check my fancy av!)  Thanks ladies!

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
Hope it works for you Phyllie!

I've been lurking at the gameloft  forums and the mods there  have been driving me batty - most of the time they don't actually read what is written, just copy and paste the same drivel.

Still no update on my kindle, though honestly, I'm not entirely sure how the kindle handles  updates! H&H was already out when I downloaded, but it disappeared at the right time, so I assumed it was automatic. How does it work for other devices?

Just one more chest and I am done with that quest, yay! Thank you for the help everyone :hug:

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
I can't believe I haven't posted on this thread :P haha.

my game ID is jenmpoet if anyone wants to add me :)

I seem to be stuck on one quest - have to receive 3 treasure chests :( I seriously have not seen any new quests since the Hearts&Hooves specialty ones. I used to get some with new levels, but I guess since I haven't completed this one (and i'm not paying to skip it), I'm stuck.

And those STUPID PARASPRITES! they are everywhere, and I'm lucky to get 3 tokens to get rid of them...but I'm saving the tokens to activate the towers, so more and more parasprites keep coming. And of course the 2 types of tokens I'm well stocked up on, those corresponding sprites never show up.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

littlekelly4587

Whoever it was that gave me (psllvn202) a heart recently-- THANK YOU!  :)  I was wrong about thinking you got them by adding friends so it's nice knowing what I'm doing when I gift my friends, lol. 

I typically play from my iPad but I wanted to play from my iPhone as well so I downloaded the app on that.  I can't seem to link the two though.  Is it possible? 

flutterwry

Gonna give this a try when I get home and have some time.  I'll keep everyone posted!
Good luck!!

I've been lurking at the gameloft  forums and the mods there  have been driving me batty - most of the time they don't actually read what is written, just copy and paste the same drivel.
It's incredible, isn't it? I believe that most of them are just bots. That would explain it.
Still no update on my kindle, though honestly, I'm not entirely sure how the kindle handles  updates! H&H was already out when I downloaded, but it disappeared at the right time, so I assumed it was automatic. How does it work for other devices?
Same thing with H&H. Only the ponies stayed, decor and quests were gone.

Regarding the St. Patrick's day thing, a GL mod wrote the following:
Second of all, this wasn't an update and that's why it wasn't on the Appstore. It's a piece of downloadable content made available for a limited time. As you've already seen, it makes no changes to your game, except adding decorations & Ponies.
An actual update will be released very soon for both Android 7 iOS"
(WOAH, an almost real answer! Incredible!) I don't know, however, why this was only done for iOS, and I don't like the fact that they can just sneak content in and out of the game without the users having the slightest chance to give their OK or veto.

I typically play from my iPad but I wanted to play from my iPhone as well so I downloaded the app on that.  I can't seem to link the two though.  Is it possible?
Sorry - no chance.  :( You could use a savegame editor and iFunbox to transfer your current progress to the iPhone, so you don't have to start from the very beginning - but there's no chance to synchronize it, as all your stats (ponies, shops, decor, stars, hearts, gems, bits, shards, even rocks and parasprites) are stored locally.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 07:50:08 AM by flutterwry »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal