collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Weird things your pets do...  (Read 2401 times)

Offline Azteca

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • I like birbs
    • View Profile
Re: Weird things your pets do...
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2014, 08:43:56 AM »
My Quaker parrot barks, my Cockatiel is a notorious cage stripper (she is in heat) and my Indian Ring neck parrot is currently molting.

Offline ponybabe

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2014, 09:10:55 AM »
My cat Chani is a bit of a scaredy cat. Her funniest fear is: Flip Flop sandals :P Every time she sees them, she'll very slowly approach it as if it's going to attack her any minute. Then she paws at it with her claws out and when it moves, freaks out a bit. Then she repeats the process. Very funny to watch. It's mostly Flip Flops but I've seen her do this with some of my ballerina style shoes as well. The only downside is some of my more inexpensive flip flops have claw marks in the front :huh:

She also has this thing when hubby and I give her any of our food (big no-no but she's so cute and hard to resist), she has to have the scrap either thrown on the floor or placed at the edge of the table (our table is pretty low to the ground). Then she'll act like it's prey and pop up and gradually push it onto the floor or catch it in her claws and then eats it :)

Then she also prefers to drink water that's on the floor after we shower and barely touches her bowl of water despite the fact I change it out 1-2 a day :huh:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Many thanks to Nence for my adorable sig with my cat Chani in it and Btd for my lovely avatar!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2014, 09:17:03 AM »
My brothers pug was outside in the backyard with the rest of us yesterday when a huge bolt of lightning stuck the neighbours backyard and it started to downpour. 

The dog..started to bark at the lightning like it bit him or something but refused to go in the rain

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline systemcat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2014, 10:17:24 AM »
My cat and I had to be in a motel room last week. This room's beds have undersides unlike other motel rooms I've taken the cat into. When it came to catching him to put him in the kitty carrier to leave the motel, a guy working for the motel lifted the bed to make the cat easier to catch. Lifting the bed didn't reveal the cat and least at first him and I assumed that. That was until a distressed cat gave a whine of a mew and the guy and I noticed my cat was inside the mattress to the bed. A bulge and claws poking out showed where he was. A large rip in the underside to the mattress revealed how he got inside.

(Don't worry, I gently got a hold of the cat by the scruff of his neck and pulled him from out of the mattress without harming him.)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2014, 11:27:10 AM »
I have three cats and all three of them have their qirks.

Tarzan, female soon to be 13 years, is a very good to read people. I know if a person visiting is good or "bad" by looking at Tarzan. If I can see her, person is good. If she's hiding, person is "bad". She loves cheese and always know when we take it out. I swear, I can go in to the kitchen and rumage around the fridge and she won't show, but the minute I take out the cheese she's there. Like she's having som sort of secret cheesesense.

Ninja, boy of three years is very clever. He knows how to open doors and likes to play fetch, but only if the other cats don't see. As soon as one of them approaches he doesn't know how to bring back a toy suddenly. He eats weird stuff like vanilla sause, blueberries and peas. He likes to watch us shower. He don't want to get wet, but a shower without him sitting there watching doesn't feel like a real shower.

Simba, boy of two years likes to climb on chairs. Preferable he will be found upside down from the back of the chair. Sadly he's so heavy nowadays they almost always fall over but he still tries. He likes to lick tape and glue, thus every envelope and stuff with tape and glue on has to be hidden or thrown away so he can't find them. His favorite toy(s) are those little pieces you rip off a milkbox when you open it up. He is obsest with laserpens to the point we don't use it anymore because he goes crazy.

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2014, 01:14:31 PM »
My black chi, Pischer, will lie on her side while I pet her and look at her, but if I look away she'll hit me with her front paw until I look back!
Ceydia (Say-ja) my white chi, is kind of blindish, but she loves to play fetch! She has a little stuffed cat with bells in its paws so she can hear where it hits the ground, then she smells it out and runs it back to me...
Pischer also loves to chase black squirrels...they're almost as big as she is!

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2014, 07:05:12 PM »
Ember loves to clean my ears D: i'll be sitting doing something and then BOOM cat tongue in ear D8 Salem can't let anyone go to the restroom in peace
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

flyawayraven

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2014, 07:16:14 PM »
One of my parents' cats LOVES peanuts. She'll happily lick peanut butter (and your skin!) off your finger if you let her.

The other one has a wicked backhand.

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2014, 07:24:18 PM »
Ember loves to clean my ears D: i'll be sitting doing something and then BOOM cat tongue in ear D8 Salem can't let anyone go to the restroom in peace
My cat Coconut always wants to sit on people when they're using the toilet too.  :lol:  But if you even try to go in the room with the litterbox when SHE'S using it, she completely flips out and runs away.  What's with the double standards kitty?

Offline pony_magick

• Trade Count: (+14)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2014, 08:38:29 PM »
I have 3 dogs but only 2 of them do strange stuff.

Nelly - a 5 yr old black spoodle (poodleXspaniel) likes to bake herself to the point that she;s bleaching her fur white. Anywhere there's sun that's where you'll find her.

Kisa - a almost 2 yr old is the weirdest/quirkiest dog I've ever owned (and my Mum agrees). The best part is her sock fasination, she doesn't chew them but likes to present us with a sock in her mouth all the while wagging her tail so hard that her butt wiggles. Almost in a "look what I've got!" sort of feel to it. But then she runs away when we try and get the sock back because she knows she's not meant to have it. :P

She also has a fasination (or obession) with her ball. If I go anywhere she'll follow with her ball in her mouth and even once we've exausted her playing fetch with it, she'll still keep it close by. I think the ball is the 'flavour of the month' because before this she did the same thing to her toy wombat; who knkows what she'll be on to in a months time? :P

I love the way she sleeps sometimes. We have a couch with very squishy back cushions that the dogs have claimed as their own; Kisa loves lying on her back with her paws up in the air dreaming puppy dreams of chasing stuff (most likely her ball :P ). She always ends up between the cushion and the back and looks like a squashed dog. If you try and right her and the cushion she'll let you, only letting out a groan or grump which varies in intensitity depending on how cumfortable she is. My Mum makes a point to go up to her when she's in this state to make her grump.
I am a Dreamer/So a Believer

My want list.

Offline zabe77

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2014, 12:07:28 AM »
lol, love this thread!

My Pom used to make this meow sound when she wanted attention, she still does but not as frequently as she used to. I think she's a cat trapped in a dog's body as she hates dogs but loves cats... when she was a pup, there was a mommy cat used to groom her and so when we got her she'd always try to play with cats but running up to them and licking their faces. Seriously confused pup here.

She also growls and bites at my feet at the beginning of our walks, or after I stop to talk to a neighbour. It's SUPER embarrassing!

Azteca, my mom's parrot used to yell "SHUUUUT UPP!" when our dogs barked... apparently we were NOT good examples of proper language for our bird...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 12:09:08 AM by zabe77 »

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2014, 01:24:10 AM »
Lol very funny things to read here :rofl:

Our 5 cats all have kinda funny and unique things they do.

For example Fluse (black / white female). When you go the restroom, she comes in and "hides" in the bathtub. From there she will watch you sit there, hardly visible, only her ears and eyed are peeking over the edge of the tub. When youre done she will race away with light speed.

Then there is Kronos (black / white male, really old). He is a really old guy and a little odd sometimes. For example, he walks straight patrols in the garden and the house, always the exact same route, up to 100 times a day. When youre in the kitchen and call him for a treat and he hasnt finished the round, he wont come. Instead he will let you know that he has heared you ("Moewrrrr!") and will go a little faster to finish his patrol.

And Willy (orange tabby, male)... lol, hes a bit "light-fingered", in fact he is a true thieving magpie! He will go into my daughters room and steal what he can reach : clothes, pony-stuff, legos, playmobil figures, nintendo ds games ... even a barbie doll wasnt save from him. Then he will come down the stairs with his "catch" and hide it under the sofa. You wont guess what we found there during the years lol.

Mascha then is a more calm girl (grey tabby, female). She likes to "talk" to us and has a lot of different "words" and you can clearly understand what she means because she used certain "phrases" for certain things. And she always "warns us" that taking a shower is dangerous lol. She will sit there and wail her heart out as if she wants to say "Get out fast, youre getting weeeeet!!!" Also she loved bread. You cant eat without her... she will sit there and stare at you until you will give her a tiny little piece of bread...

And not to forget Iroh (grey/white male). Hes able to walk a d little on his hind legs. When im standing there he will come to my side letting out a long meow and then he will start to "dance" around her on his hind legs.

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2014, 02:48:08 AM »
My dog Eleanor used to carry her blanket from her kennel around the house. I think she's either outgrown it recently or she doesn't want it in the summer. I'll be sad if she's outgrown the cute habit.

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2014, 04:14:53 AM »
These are all great, its reminding me of more strange quirks the cats have.

Tiffany my old girl I had to put to sleep in late jan we learnt quickly would eat everything. She was thirteen when she came to live with us and in very poor condition. She would eat corn chips, icing, pizza, sandwiches, yogurt, cereal with milk, apple - pretty much if you were trying to eat it, she was hassling you for some. She used to do what we called a "victory lap" after each crap. We always knew when she had gone because she would run around the house at full speed.

Jack probably has more quirks than the other two, he won't let me go to the toilet in peace, will sit next to the shower and wait for pats whilst I take a shower, and we have learned the hard way he has a problem with laundry, mainly towels. If you leave the laundry or bathroom doors open there will most certainly be a cat pee explosion in there, I wonder how so much urine can come out of one cat.

When it comes to food darla can get quiet cranky with other animals, she won't lash out but will get so angry dhe will hiss and snort. Its hard not to laugh at.

Winston will "beg" for mum and dad, however he will attempt to claw my hand if I have food to offer him. Im still learning his quirks, even after living with us for six months he is still a bit dhy. I think at six years of age he will always be a little timid however.

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2014, 06:51:24 AM »
Just this morning I was reminded about another funny thing Sasha likes to do. Given the chance when I step out of the shower she likes to try and lick the water from my legs  :lol: (and yes she has water in her bowl!) Funny dog...

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal