Pony Talk > Pony Corral

POTD 5/16/2021 Slugger

<< < (5/5)

Taffeta:
Watching Daiya no Ace has made me aware of how much baseball related language there is in general use and how much of it I use without even knowing that's where it came from.

It's also taught me to not think of 'slugger' as a weird word to do with garden pest control ;)

But First Base is a slang term I knew even as a teenager ;) I guess it's at least first base and not home run...

We have rounders in the UK - I believe baseball is derived from crossing rounders with cricket, so there are similarities. As a kid I knew his symbol was baseball but I still kind of defaulted it to rounders, which I hated.

Despite this he was probably my favourite big brother/adventure boy as a kid. I never had any of them, but I liked his design.

Artemesia's Garden:

--- Quote from: Taffeta on May 15, 2021, 08:21:44 AM ---Watching Daiya no Ace has made me aware of how much baseball related language there is in general use and how much of it I use without even knowing that's where it came from.

It's also taught me to not think of 'slugger' as a weird word to do with garden pest control ;)

But First Base is a slang term I knew even as a teenager ;) I guess it's at least first base and not home run...

We have rounders in the UK - I believe baseball is derived from crossing rounders with cricket, so there are similarities. As a kid I knew his symbol was baseball but I still kind of defaulted it to rounders, which I hated.

Despite this he was probably my favourite big brother/adventure boy as a kid. I never had any of them, but I liked his design.

--- End quote ---

OK then, he can be 'rounders pony' :)

achab1984:
I had him in the past.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version