collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Little Pony game for IOS! Post your Gameloft IDs! ID List in first post!  (Read 190645 times)

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
Re: My Little Pony game for IOS! Post your Gameloft IDs! ID List in first post!
« Reply #435 on: November 22, 2012, 01:39:14 AM »
Not going to spend a cent on anything >.<
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 22, 2012, 03:45:40 AM »
Not going to spend a cent on anything >.<

LOL. THIS!^
I'm already 'wasting' way too much money on physical toys and REAL videogames (PS3/XBOX) as is.. No way I am going to spend any money on a farmville-clone. :P
(also.. even WITH the sale you guys mentioned, I just find they are WELL overpriced?! At least in € they are!!! I have a feeling they just want to cash in on the current pony craze.  :mad: )
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 03:47:29 AM by Fräulein_Kim »

Offline RAMChYLD

• Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 22, 2012, 05:09:29 AM »
I'm already 'wasting' way too much money on physical toys and REAL videogames (PS3/XBOX) as is.. No way I am going to spend any money on a farmville-clone. :P
(also.. even WITH the sale you guys mentioned, I just find they are WELL overpriced?! At least in € they are!!! I have a feeling they just want to cash in on the current pony craze.  :mad: )
Agreed.  I mean, you know something's off when the ponies featured are all off the TV show and not ofF the toys >.<

And well, to be honest I'd rather buy toys too. If I buy a toy, I can expect it to still be with me all the time, even if my computer crashes and needs a reformat/hard disk replacement. Any money spent in the game is lost if you delete the game for some reason >.< especially the crashes random iPad1 users are facing that can only be cured by a delete-and-redownload >.<

Also, if you buy a game or even DLC for the PS3/XBox, at least you can redownload it if your PS3/XBox's hard disk goes kaput and needs to be changed. This... no option to reclaim the money spent on bits and gems if you have to reinstall >.<
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 06:08:48 AM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Tyler

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #438 on: November 22, 2012, 05:12:05 AM »
I think games that are like this are stupid due to you needing friends to play.

DirePony

« Reply #439 on: November 22, 2012, 05:32:22 AM »
That is exactly what Gameloft is doing. Their prices even with their "sale" are ridiculous and they flat out lied when they said that the game could be finished without paying real money. Rarity costs 90 gems, Rainbow Dash costs 500 gems, the clock tower costs 340 gems and Town Hall costs 600 gems. All of those are required to beat Nightmare Moon. And then to actually "beat" the game you have to buy Shining Armor and Cadence at 640 gems a piece and complete a couple more quests. The total for all of them is 2770 gems. And that isn't counting the regular quests that have you purchasing items with gems or the gems wasted by having a system that if you click in the wrong spot you buy something that you didn't really want to. My guess is that their sales for the game have been no where near what they were expecting which has prompted their "sale" on gems.

I finished the game without spending a cent through a combination of glitches and a whole lot of time traveling over the last two weeks. And while it is cool having all of the ponies running around there is absolutely nothing else to the game. No changing seasons, no holidays, no special guests or anything. These types of things should be pretty much a given in these types of games if you want people to keep playing. But no I think Gameloft was banking on people going crazy over ponies and opening their wallets to buy them all.

Tyler

« Reply #440 on: November 22, 2012, 05:36:52 AM »
I hope a gem hack comes out soon if there isn't one now.

Offline RAMChYLD

• Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 22, 2012, 09:20:38 AM »
That is exactly what Gameloft is doing. Their prices even with their "sale" are ridiculous and they flat out lied when they said that the game could be finished without paying real money. Rarity costs 90 gems, Rainbow Dash costs 500 gems, the clock tower costs 340 gems and Town Hall costs 600 gems. All of those are required to beat Nightmare Moon. And then to actually "beat" the game you have to buy Shining Armor and Cadence at 640 gems a piece and complete a couple more quests. The total for all of them is 2770 gems. And that isn't counting the regular quests that have you purchasing items with gems or the gems wasted by having a system that if you click in the wrong spot you buy something that you didn't really want to. My guess is that their sales for the game have been no where near what they were expecting which has prompted their "sale" on gems.

I finished the game without spending a cent through a combination of glitches and a whole lot of time traveling over the last two weeks. And while it is cool having all of the ponies running around there is absolutely nothing else to the game. No changing seasons, no holidays, no special guests or anything. These types of things should be pretty much a given in these types of games if you want people to keep playing. But no I think Gameloft was banking on people going crazy over ponies and opening their wallets to buy them all.
Well, maybe they introduce those via periodical updates like Oregon Trail American Settler. But yeah, the gem requirements are insane -.- If you try to finish this without time traveling, you could be stuck on quests for a good few years >.< definitely that won't keep my attention span on the game, the moment it feels dragged out, I may end up dumping it, just like I dumped Oregon Trail American Settler (those illness that the townsfolks get and the difficulty in curing them eventually put me off).

Offline SailorEarth

• Xena: Warrior Pony
  • Trade Count: (+165)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I have many skills
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cosplaycassie.com
« Reply #442 on: November 22, 2012, 10:20:39 AM »
My ID is SuperSailorEarth ^_^ Trying to figure out how to add friends...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Wish List~Pony Sales
Thanks Lina & Rainbowjuice for my adoptables!

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 22, 2012, 10:26:52 AM »
how do you do that time traveling  thing? you forgot the fact  that  you also  have to  buy a guard statue and other items that cost gems

Offline lovebeam

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 22, 2012, 10:48:36 AM »
I can't figure out how to add anyone!
2,2 2 names in one! Lovebeam @ Cobralily

Tyler

« Reply #445 on: November 22, 2012, 10:51:14 AM »
I can't figure out how to add anyone!
You click on the social thing or the game loft thing.

DirePony

« Reply #446 on: November 22, 2012, 10:57:15 AM »
how do you do that time traveling  thing? you forgot the fact  that  you also  have to  buy a guard statue and other items that cost gems

You are right it is probably 3500 or more if you actually buy everything related to the quests rather than just skipping them with gems. I was only counting the higher priced items/ponies that have to be purchased. If you add Celestia and the other gem ponies that are not needed to complete the game you are going to be well over 5000 gems. It doesn't change the fact that there is no way to complete the game without paying a lot of money or cheating ^_^.

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #447 on: November 22, 2012, 11:57:52 AM »
You guys have to realize something. This game is NOT free to play. Sure it was free to download, and you can play it without paying anything for a while, but eventually you have to cough up cash, quit, or cheat.

Why?

Because the company exists to make money. They are not your friend. They did not make a free game for you just to be kind. They made this game with the intention of making money. And when it comes down to it, they make more money this way than if they charged a flat fee. It's just the way of things.

Is it greedy? No. It's just a solid business market that takes advantage of consumers willing to spend. If you don't want to spend anything, you can still fiddle with the game, but it will be better if you spend money.

Don't be mad at them over this. If not for the people who DID buy the gems, you wouldn't have a game to play, and they won't make any updates for it.

Offline Sukeile

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Dancing through life, Brainless and careless
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #448 on: November 22, 2012, 12:09:32 PM »
My ID is Beliska :)

Avatar by Griffin. Carebear by MistyBlue2010 and Pony by Lina. Thank you <3
Join My Little Pony Facebook group!/ My Wishlist/ My Etsy/  Polly Pocket Locket

Offline PhyllieBean

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • an apparent glutton for dramaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 22, 2012, 01:55:34 PM »
You guys have to realize something. This game is NOT free to play. Sure it was free to download, and you can play it without paying anything for a while, but eventually you have to cough up cash, quit, or cheat.

Why?

Because the company exists to make money. They are not your friend. They did not make a free game for you just to be kind. They made this game with the intention of making money. And when it comes down to it, they make more money this way than if they charged a flat fee. It's just the way of things.

Is it greedy? No. It's just a solid business market that takes advantage of consumers willing to spend. If you don't want to spend anything, you can still fiddle with the game, but it will be better if you spend money.

Don't be mad at them over this. If not for the people who DID buy the gems, you wouldn't have a game to play, and they won't make any updates for it.

While I do totally agree with your point, it's the price point they've set on everything that pisses me off. I'm more than willing to spend some cash on this game, but not the several hundred dollars it would cost to actually complete it. Their exchange rate is ludracris.

Persona designed by Winged Fantasy with updated symbol by Pop-Girl (check my fancy av!)  Thanks ladies!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal