collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Not really a big deal, buuuut...cutie marks are flip-flopped.  (Read 823 times)

xoVanille

• Trade Count: (0)
On the new wedding singles, four of the mane 6 have their cutie marks on the opposite side (as opposed to previous singles).

Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Twilight sparkle are affected. Applejack and Rarity are the same as before. Just something I noticed while I was dusting my pony shelves.

Maybe it will justify getting doubles for some of you. Idk, I think it's kind of neat to have different variants of ponies. c;

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
Re: Not really a big deal, buuuut...cutie marks are flip-flopped.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 01:24:20 PM »
Very interesting!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 03:20:49 PM »
I like the way they mix it up - to make up for only giving us one sided symbols I guess!

I think they have done it now with all of the main 6 - some were reversed in the luggage wave and some have been reversed in the wedding wave. We should in theory be able to own all of the main 6 with their symbols on either right or left now!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

xoVanille

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 06:07:59 PM »
I like that too, and I like how they sometimes throw in the walking pose. I make a point to own every variation! xD

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 07:32:00 PM »
Ack! Now I feel like I have to get another set to bust open and add to my loose pony herd! XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Bag of Magic Food

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 07:44:44 PM »
Oh, I thought this would have been about whether the symbols themselves are ever mirrored from how they were displayed before, like having Rainbow Dash's lightning bolt zigzag curve right instead of left, that sort of thing.  Has anyone tried keeping track of whether ponies who have had symbols on both sides have identical symbols on both sides, or mirrored symbols which would make them symmetrical overall?  At least having to mirror them for one side would explain all those mistakes in musical notation in Friendship is Magic where notes have stems going up on the left side or down on the right side.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 12:36:58 PM »
Oh, I thought this would have been about whether the symbols themselves are ever mirrored from how they were displayed before, like having Rainbow Dash's lightning bolt zigzag curve right instead of left, that sort of thing.  Has anyone tried keeping track of whether ponies who have had symbols on both sides have identical symbols on both sides, or mirrored symbols which would make them symmetrical overall?  At least having to mirror them for one side would explain all those mistakes in musical notation in Friendship is Magic where notes have stems going up on the left side or down on the right side.

I cant say I have noticed to be honest - I am sure if you check out the Coming Soon thread or Strawberryreef.com it shouldnt take too long to work out :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline gallifreyan_pony

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 04:20:24 PM »

I have two Cheerilees, the single and the one from the CMC set. The symbols are both identical despite being on different sides, so one has a big flower with two little flowers closer to the tail, the other has the two little flowers closer to the head.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal