collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: DHX hit with major data breach (beware of spoilers)  (Read 66202 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: DHX hit with major data breach (beware of spoilers)
« Reply #105 on: December 18, 2017, 07:07:40 AM »
*dancing in the street to hear that G4 will end* 

Oh except that I don't like the style of G5 either... 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 18, 2017, 07:09:38 AM »
*dancing in the street to hear that G4 will end* 

Oh except that I don't like the style of G5 either...

Me either. But I'm not entirely sure if that style is real. It looks too nicely detailed in an era of flat, boring cookie cutter toons.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 18, 2017, 07:18:51 AM »
Spoiler
I love watching the bronies be butthurt over this. Someone should tell them MLP doesn't start and end with FiM.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 18, 2017, 08:26:12 AM »
Something I've been wondering is if it's such a good idea to rely on the same people to make this new generation who worked on the previous.  All the previous generations have been handed to a new team so they can craft their new vision.  Here, they're telling the same people who have been working on My Little Pony for a decade to go and reinvent the wheel.  Which makes me think we'll just get Friendship is Magic 2.0 on the media side not because it was necessarily the intention but what these people are use to working on.

Hasn't the staff changed tho? Could the newer staff be feeling restricted by the foundation laid by the previous staff so Hasbro is letting them create the new show entirely from scratch?

Spoiler
The thing that bothers me is, if DHX is just using g4 characters to showcase the style, why would they change their race?I mean you could've shown how a unicorn would look with Rarity and Twilight without drawing Fluttershy as one.This makes me think they want to use them like that in g5.

I'm sure the kids who grew up on G3 asked the same thing. Why is Rainbowdash a pegasus? Why is Rarity white instead of pink? Etc. Etc.

I would love if they went back to Rarity's original colors tbh. It was always disappointing how Twily and Dash were the only ones with more than just one mane color.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 08:33:33 AM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 18, 2017, 08:30:12 AM »
Spoiler
The thing that bothers me is, if DHX is just using g4 characters to showcase the style, why would they change their race?I mean you could've shown how a unicorn would look with Rarity and Twilight without drawing Fluttershy as one.This makes me think they want to use them like that in g5.

I'm sure the kids who grew up on G3 asked the same thing. Why is Rainbowdash a pegasus? Why is Rarity white instead of pink? Etc. Etc.

I would love if they went back to Rarity's original colors tbh. It was always disappointing how Twily and Dash were the only ones with more than just one mane color.

I don't think I want another pink pony with rainbow hair but I absolutely agree with wanting more variety in mane colors.

Offline RoseNoire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 18, 2017, 08:36:34 AM »
Spoiler
I love watching the bronies be butthurt over this. Someone should tell them MLP doesn't start and end with FiM.
I agree so much with you. :lol: This is really hilarious to see.
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Online Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #111 on: December 18, 2017, 08:47:16 AM »
I just want to again point out that seeing the style on dA before, or even the same artist, doesn't rule out the possibility of the concept art being legit. Lots of concept artists have dAs they upload stuff to - just not the concept art, until it's been released, usually ;)

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 18, 2017, 09:20:52 AM »
I predict when MLP gets rebooted, whenever that may be, the Mane Six will comprise at least half the main characters.

Ever since G2, when it seemed like every other released pony with Ivy, Hasbro has wanted to have a core set of recognizable ponies. Now they finally have that, and there is no way they're going to give it up. 

However it's possible there will be new characters introduced with the old characters (the way G4 had two core G3 ponies (revamped Pinkie and Rainbow Dash), but also new characters.)  Which is what I'm hoping for. ;)

I think so too. You can argue that Hasbro has attempted to establish a group of core characters ever since MLP Tales "Seven Characters" (they probably would have kept pushing these characters if the toyline hadn't ended at that point). But not until G4 did they manage to create a group of characters that truly became recognized by the mainstream, similar to Optimus Prime/Megatron/Bumblebee of Transformers. These are the faces of MLP now, even if we'll probably be seeing different interpretations of them for every generation.

I think these designs look very cool, but the final product will likely be somewhat different. It will be fun to look back at these and compare once we do get to G5! :)

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 18, 2017, 09:27:56 AM »
Something I've been wondering is if it's such a good idea to rely on the same people to make this new generation who worked on the previous.  All the previous generations have been handed to a new team so they can craft their new vision.  Here, they're telling the same people who have been working on My Little Pony for a decade to go and reinvent the wheel.  Which makes me think we'll just get Friendship is Magic 2.0 on the media side not because it was necessarily the intention but what these people are use to working on.

Hasn't the staff changed tho? Could the newer staff be feeling restricted by the foundation laid by the previous staff so Hasbro is letting them create the new show entirely from scratch?

Spoiler

Technically, Rarity's hair is two colours.

edit: Okay, I found the Horse News thing.

Spoiler
I think it's interesting that one of the charts calls this a "FiM reboot" and "the new FiM series".. between this and the concept art, I'm starting to suspect that this is going to be less of a G5 and more of a reboot of G4 :s If that makes sense..

I think it's interesting they're directly calling this G5, too. (Another thing that makes me slightly suspicious of the reboot concept art tbh, but idk I'm cautious by nature.)

If the Applejack email is real then that's... um.. wow.. yeah...

I still don't see where people are getting the Grogar thing from, though? It's on the Horse News post but I don't see where they got that from, am I missing something?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 09:37:38 AM by Carrehz »

Offline Glitter Yolk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Depends Pony
  • Researching fakies, as always
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 18, 2017, 09:34:15 AM »
Spoiler
I like the style, the detail, and body proportions/variations, but why is the hair so big? Other than that I'll be disappointed if they end up using practically the same exact character designs in G5 as they did in G4. I like what they did with AJ, but Twilight and Fluttershy are way too similar for my taste.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 18, 2017, 09:49:00 AM »
I wish they would go back to be a little close to the G1 ponies! I bet they would sell really good! But then that is how I feel about G1 ones! :)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 18, 2017, 09:54:58 AM »
G3 did sell well for that reason achab.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 18, 2017, 09:57:29 AM »
My curiosity forced me at gunpoint to look at the leaked episodes after they were uploaded to Youtube. I only saw 6, and two had full music and sound effects.  Overall they were pretty good.
Spoiler
Celestia is so cute in that one. Chrysalis had a cute moment too that I saved as a GIF).
It looks like they are going to try "outside music" for some scenes. The Big Mac episode has 2 clips of Take My Breath Away, and the Surf and/or Turf ep' had Don't You Forget About Me at the end. As if those 80's references weren't enough; the Horse Play ep' had the return of the character Raspberry Beret (she last appeared in "Made in Manehattan". I thought she was a new character at first. I didn't even remember seeing her before. Gonna' be making a brushable custom of her).
I think that music was more likely "filler" music. I was fun though.
Hm, I thought she was a new character too. Guess I'll need to go back and re-watch "Made in Manehattan"!

Spoiler
That's a bit mean to those who are upset that something they love is coming to an end. :huh:

I've honestly been ready for it to end for a couple years now I think. I love my ponies still and some of the episodes still resonate with me but there's so much I had hoped for that never happened. I think I'll be relieved to no longer hang on. 
:think:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 10:01:04 AM by Flitter »

Offline LittleKirara

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Professional Weasel Whisperer
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 18, 2017, 10:09:18 AM »
Heres my little rant about G5
Spoiler
After reading though all the g5 stuff what I don't understand is why do they hate anything "horsey" like. I mean they ARE horses so its only natural for them to look like horses. >_< I mean I'm not expecting them to start making toys that look like Breyers, but I don't see the problem with some horse characteristics. Maybe I'm just crazy here, but wasn't the whole idea behind the mlp franchise that little girls like horses? :P
   :heart:.:AQHA For Life:.:heart:

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 18, 2017, 10:13:26 AM »
Spoiler
That's a bit mean to those who are upset that something they love is coming to an end. :huh:
I'm not talking about people who are upset that FiM is ending, I'm talking about people who are upset that MLP is ruined forever/this isn't what Faust wanted/changing a pony's design between gens is outrageous and has definitely never happened before :P

I quite like the G5 designs. I wish they'd go even further away from G4, but they're still an improvement.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal