collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: DHX hit with major data breach (beware of spoilers)  (Read 66213 times)

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
Re: DHX hit with major data breach
« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2017, 05:13:10 PM »
Reading the discussion about Applejack, I find myself asking "Then why not just create a new character to fill the role you want?"
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 05:14:50 PM by Al-1701 »
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2017, 05:29:53 PM »
Reading the discussion about Applejack, I find myself asking "Then why not just create a new character to fill the role you want?"

Because that would be too much effort on Hasbro's part?
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline StarDapple

• Scribbles Pony
  • Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2017, 05:32:27 PM »
I am loving the new style for the G5 concept art. I am definitely ready for a new generation, much as I enjoy the FiM cast (except Rainbow Dash). I hope we get brand new characters instead of just the Mane 6 again.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2017, 05:35:59 PM »

Because that would be too much effort on Hasbro's part?
Yeah, God forbid they create ponies not from the ground the almighty Faust smote.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline TJgamer

• Colorswirl Pony
  • An open-minded adventurer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2017, 05:39:04 PM »
Within the spoiler below is a complete cheat sheet for all the episodes of season 8, including their titles, premises, etc.
View at your own risk!
They: You're too old to watch that show!
Me: Can't hear ya, I'm asleep.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2017, 05:39:30 PM »
I predict when MLP gets rebooted, whenever that may be, the Mane Six will comprise at least half the main characters.

Ever since G2, when it seemed like every other released pony with Ivy, Hasbro has wanted to have a core set of recognizable ponies. Now they finally have that, and there is no way they're going to give it up. 

However it's possible there will be new characters introduced with the old characters (the way G4 had two core G3 ponies (revamped Pinkie and Rainbow Dash), but also new characters.)  Which is what I'm hoping for. ;)

Spoiler
I think that if this concept art is real and we see the finished designs of the ponies as we see them now that LadyMoondancer is right and Hasbro will keep at least some of the Mane 6  characters even if they change species. G3 Rainbow Dash was an Earth pony but G4 Rainbow Dash
is a Pegasus.  I also think that most of the kids who grew up with FIM will be ready to move on to other cartoons/shows so the next group of children that begin watching might not even realize that Twilight was a winged unicorn. I do hope they keep the species the same as in the current FIM. I like the hooves on the new Earth ponies and the flowing mane on Fluttershy. I also like Applejack’s markungs.

Ponyfan

Spoiler
But the weird thing is that the species change from G3 to G4 makes sense because almost all ponies in G3 where earth ponies so some of them needed to be changed to create the 2 of each species dynamic.  What is the point in randomly changing them now? 

I really would love a whole new cast but I guess I could live with these 4 if only there isn't a Pinkie Pie or a Rainbow Dash.  But I can't imagine that Hasbro would leave those 2 behind.  They've put so much into those characters since the beginning of G3. Pinkie is the pink one and Rainbow is, of course, the rainbow pony.  2 things strongly associated with the popular idea of " My Little Pony." 

Also, do these remind anyone else of "Horseland"?  I think it's the overly exaggerated hair.

Spoiler
I’d forgotten there were so many Earth ponies in G3. I  always liked the 2 of each kind of pony and agree that Hasbro should keep the Mane 6 species the same as they are now. I’d also like to see new characters instead of the same characters we see now. Changing the species does seem random but if Hasbro is going for a complete reboot including a new cartoon they may not care if Twilight was a winged unicorn in one series and an Earth pony in the new series. I think a lot of it will depend on if Hasbro is going to use established characters like the Mane 6 in new ways (maybe making Twilight a background character instead of the focus. ) I think the G3 Core 7 influenced some of  the G4 Mane 6 and other characters in FIM

G3 Core 7

Pinkie Pie 

Rainbow Dash   

Starsong

Scootaloo

Toola-Roola

Sweetie Belle

Cherrilee

I think the only one that hasn’t appeared in FIM yet is  Starsong.  As much as I enjoy FIM I think a new series with new characters could be nice.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 05:50:05 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2017, 06:02:31 PM »
I read the email (supposedly) from Meghan McCarthy seemed particularly heated.  Apparently, their plan is to use the second movie to close out Friendship is Magic, but then turn around and release another movie the following year to begin the new generation.  They're expected to create a new universe in less than a year with "new" characters to introduce, and apparently they're not happy about it.

This is also the email in which they seem to be arguing about the designs, the characters, and just everything.  Which is a problem with so many people on both the toy and media sides weighing in.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2017, 06:37:41 PM »
Here's the concept art:

G5 concept art

These are 100% legit, otherwise they would not have been leaked alongside partially completed FiM episodes and other clearly legit things. But as I said before, while they are real, they are just concepts, so they may differ from what we end up getting.

Thanks for posting the pics, I appreciate it!

Well, leaked info is only as good as the person leaking, you know?  Like, leaking some legitimate info and then mixing something false in is a possibility (Wikileaks style).  Normally I would say no one would bother doing that with MLP, but to be honest I could definitely see someone doing it just to troll the bronies, who are not exactly the most well-loved group on the internet.

i''m 50% sure I seen that on Deviantart the past year 0-0
I was thinking that I've seen at least that style on DA
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2017, 06:48:27 PM »
Spoiler
Super exciting! Let's hope Hasbro improves their toy quality for G5...

Watching the brony community flip out over this is hilarious. I like FiM too guys, but obviously it can't last forever and we had to have a new generation eventually! The butthurt coming from them is outstanding.

Someone get a bag of popcorn.

I can't see the concept art. Do they look like horses again?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 07:00:49 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #84 on: December 17, 2017, 06:52:42 PM »
Spoiler
Super exciting! Let's hope Hasbro improves their toy quality for G5...

Watching the brony community flip out over this is hilarious. I like FiM too guys, but obviously it can't last forever and we had to have a new generation eventually! The butthurt coming from them is outstanding.

Someone get a bag of popcorn.

I can't see the conceot art. Do they look like horses again?
Are we still doing spoiler tags?
Spoiler
They look like a cross of G4 and G2 so far. The heads and snout shapes are G4/G3.5 ish because they're shorter, but the bodies are more slender like G2.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2017, 06:59:49 PM »
Here's the concept art:

G5 concept art

These are 100% legit, otherwise they would not have been leaked alongside partially completed FiM episodes and other clearly legit things. But as I said before, while they are real, they are just concepts, so they may differ from what we end up getting.

Spoiler
Their muzzles are still kinda deformed.
AJ reminds me of the Breyer Pony Gals. Or Horseland.

Thanks BeatlePokemonFan!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 07:07:38 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2017, 07:12:53 PM »
Regardless of how this concept is compared to what we end up getting, I do hope they keep the aspect of having markings like that Applejack has, I am in love with those!

Here's the concept art:

G5 concept art

Spoiler
Their muzzles are still kinda deformed.
AJ reminds me of the Breyer Pony Gals. Or Horseland.

Thanks BeatlePokemonFan!

No problem!

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline BerylBreeze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2017, 07:39:13 PM »
Is it bad that my first though of the new designs was
Spoiler
how Hasbro will cheap out on their extra markings?  :silly:

I'd be happy with these designs. They have a more mature look, and seem like they could have more playability like hair and clothes since they aren't as "chibi" and compact as the G4s.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2017, 07:42:31 PM »
Every time I look at this Applejack, I love her even more. I really hope she ends up being in the final version so badly!

Is it bad that my first though of the new designs was
Spoiler
how Hasbro will cheap out on their extra markings?  :silly:

I'd be happy with these designs. They have a more mature look, and seem like they could have more playability like hair and clothes since they aren't as "chibi" and compact as the G4s.

Having more clothes would be lovely! I would love to have separate clothes that you can buy similar to Pony Wear!

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 17, 2017, 07:48:19 PM »
Does anybody have a link to the emails? I can't seem to find them. Anyway, I just watched The Mean 6.
Spoiler
My only real thought other than "meh" was that the fake six MELTING would traumatize a little girl. Kinda scared me a bit too!

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal