collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Adult Lemon Drop variants - Compiling a list! Still some hoof markings needed  (Read 3721 times)

Offline zora

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: A few questions about adult Lemon Drop variants...
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2013, 07:59:32 AM »

I still have doubts about the light and dark versions. :wonder: They might be just different paint batches, but… Zora, do the symbols of the two LD's pictured look the same shape to you? I can verify that the dark NC LD's symbol is similar to that of my PP light one. Sadly my NPP light version is away from me, so I'm unable to verify myself :C (the bulk of my collection resides at the 'rents).

the darker drops are a little crooked on both sides here is a pic, especially the one with the pink arrow pointing to is very off:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ps: i have the AB italy variant with 2 stamped feet and she seems to be the hunchback version as she is fatter but not smaller than the normal eyed italy LD :)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 08:04:21 AM by zora »
Former Nirvana and BigBro Collector

Offline mul-ta

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2013, 12:09:50 PM »
I'll have to check my A-B eye italian, but don't forget the red-head, well magenta haired LD from italy = stamp eye and I think 2 stamp, but I will have to check

The one in the Nirvana Gallery? Great, I wasn't aware of that one! How many are known besides that one?

oh and for italy there is also a white italian with blue drops and purple hair = like yellow LD.  I think also stamp eyes

She's mentioned on my page but I didn't add her to the table since only one instance of her was known to me. How many known ones are there?

Zora, many thanks for checking the NC symbols! They certainly are different. It seems to me that some drops differ in size and the symbol is located higher on her hips.

ps: i have the AB italy variant with 2 stamped feet and she seems to be the hunchback version as she is fatter but not smaller than the normal eyed italy LD :)

I knew we'd get to these Italy molds sooner or later. :hot: Now I don't pretend to be an authority on Italians, but so far all the non-Macau-like AB Italian LD:s I've seen are in the dwarf mold. How are her hooves stamped? I have the unverified hypothesis that all dwarves are pat pend 2-stampers (conversely, not all pat pend 2-stampers are necessarily dwarves, but this remains to be looked into). Arrgh... I wish I had mine here right now to take photos of...

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2013, 12:24:24 PM »
oh and for italy there is also a white italian with blue drops and purple hair = like yellow LD.  I think also stamp eyes

She's mentioned on my page but I didn't add her to the table since only one instance of her was known to me. How many known ones are there?

i believe there are two :)

i cannot remember how many of the magenta and red hair lemondrop there are, i have a feeling there are at the most two.

don't forget to count the number of eyelashes on the AB eye lemondrops ;)

http://mlparena.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=439616&g2_page=3

love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2013, 01:17:28 PM »
There are at least two of the lilac haired  white Lemondrop, but if  there are more, it's not many!

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline mul-ta

• Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2013, 01:20:25 PM »
Thanks PKW and Guinevere!

don't forget to count the number of eyelashes on the AB eye lemondrops ;)

http://mlparena.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=439616&g2_page=3

love pkw xxx

Good point. Too bad the sample is small and one of the pics is broken so I can't even begin to see whether it correlates with some other property like hoof stamps or mold.

There are at least two of the lilac haired  white Lemondrop, but if  there are more, it's not many!

If there are two, I'd be tempted to think there probably are more. Not that there's likely to be a motherload hiding somewhere...

Offline zora

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2013, 01:27:23 PM »
i just stared at the NC symnols for minutes and i think the symbols are mirrored! look closely, the crooked drop is also on the light symbol version! :D

Offline mul-ta

• Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2013, 01:28:48 PM »
i just stared at the NC symnols for minutes and i think the symbols are mirrored! look closely, the crooked drop is also on the light symbol version - mirrored! :D

My gosh, I was just about to post this very observation, but you were faster :blink:

Offline zora

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2013, 12:36:56 AM »
very crazy. maybe thats the reason why they are darker? or is there a light symbol version with mirrored drops out there?

Offline mul-ta

• Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2013, 02:44:48 AM »
Yes, there is! Have a lousy photo of my pat pend light one's rump - she has the same mirrored drops as your dark 'Drop. I wish I had my non-pat pend one at hand so I could check her too.

Offline zora

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2013, 04:00:28 AM »
weird :D i wonder where she comes from. i dont really believe that the others are all faded. the color on the symbols is even. maybe the symbol printer went out of ink or something :D

Offline mul-ta

• Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2013, 12:24:39 PM »
Well me neither. If they were simply faded, I guess we'd come across dark/partially faded ones more often, while yours is the only one with dark drops I've ever so much as heard about. It seems more likely to me that someone at the factory had fun mixing paint leftovers... Still it would be odd if another one didn't exist somewhere.

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2013, 12:08:32 AM »
Here are the details on my Italian Lemondrops that aren't on your list:

1. regular pose; print in 2 feet pat pend; eyes stamped
2. hunchback; print in 2 feet pat pend; eyes stamped
3. regular pose; print in 2 feet pat pend; eyes airbrushed

pictures & descriptions here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.509246849126831.124771.508038065914376&type=3

Offline mul-ta

• Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2013, 04:27:40 AM »
Thank you kitkatvintage for reminding me of your gallery, it's really informative with lots of Italian variants I was missing. I guess I've never seen the combination airbrushed eyes + regular symbols before. Also, your photos are good enough examples of the different molds. I believe many people (perhaps including myself - I need to check!) claiming to own a dwarf actually have a regular Italy LD.

The list has been updated with what information I've been able to extract from this discussion and photos. Phew! If you have the time and interest to check it for errors and omissions, please do. Thank you all!

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2013, 06:18:06 AM »
It's really hard to figure out the different collectors pose mold types. I had every single one of my Italians off the shelf & held them all up to one another until I figured out which was which. If you only have a few cp ponies, it's hard to determine when one is actually a dwarf.

Offline mul-ta

• Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2013, 11:57:29 AM »
True. Plus, there is a lot of misinformation about them around (as in "all 2-stampers with pat pend are dwarves," which is ponyfeathers).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal