Pony Talk > Off Topic

Aquarium fish

<< < (11/12) > >>

BlackCurtains:
Okay, I will try that :)

Nella:
And of course make sure the temperature is more or less the same. Too hot or too cold isn't good either.

BlackCurtains:
Right. I do try to make sure the temp is slightly above room temp from the tap. I do the same for my plants. I live in Florida so room temp is usually around 75-80

Ponybookworm:
We all learn as we go BC!!! At least you have some survivors xxx Wishing the hardy shrimp all the best xxx

BlackCurtains:
The three babies are still alive :) I put a small pellet in the other day and they all came to eat. I changed my mind about the snails and I'm going to get 5 of the sun spiked ones. I have to prep the tank with the magnetic mesh top though, so they can't crawl out. I'm going to scrub what algae I can. Think I'll unplug the heater and scrub that too. The top and sides of the filter housing could use a cleaning too. There's a white build up - lime? Calcium? Something. I suppose I should wipe the light too.

I still want to get more shrimp, the crayfish, and I've added clams to my list. I'm also looking into getting a bigger tank. I can't go too big, my apartment lease doesn't allow large tanks. Just something bigger that still fits on my desk, maybe a 15 gallon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version