collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update last challenge, pg 99!!  (Read 89088 times)

Offline silverskimmer

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
I'm going to join this. I need to make some healthy changes with my body. I've been suffering from an ED for many years and it's hard to get help for it, it definitely made it harder being male.
I really don't know how well I'll do, but I'll try, I'm struggling with a lot at the moment, but maybe doing the journey with other people will make it easier.

Your Username: SIlverSkimmer
Your GOALS:
-I'd like to loose a little weight, I've gained a lot more then I wished to due to my depression. Not to much, just 5 or 10Kg so I'm down to 55kg again.
-I'd like to be able to develop healthy habits to lose weight, going for walks and making tea every night, not what I've been doing for the past few years.
-I'd like to stop feeling the need to throw up and stop starving to lose weight.
Your PLAN:
-I intend to try and go for a walk every day or a least every couple of days, go horse riding every weekend or when I find the time.
-I'd like to make sure I try and make a good meal each night.
-Drink less fizzy, try and always have water around, or at least juice.
-Make sure I don't forget to buy fruits and veggies at shopping.
Good luck everyone
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Silver Skimmer Ref
Wish list
Looking for any and all wingers! Especially baity ones in need of love!

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
Frozen veggies can help out with cost and are still great for you! Can foods can be healthy too if they use water...many veggies such as beets and green beans can taste great an cost below a dollar! Thats my tip for the day:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
i would love to join but i dont need to lose waight i need to try to gain a little and to stop slouching so much theres a coupe other things i need to help myself with does that qualify me?  :blush:

Absolutely! If gaining is what you need to do to be healthy, then that's certainly a good goal. =) That's why for this I have people set/come up with their own goals.

Post Merge: June 07, 2012, 07:14:05 AM

Frozen veggies can help out with cost and are still great for you! Can foods can be healthy too if they use water...many veggies such as beets and green beans can taste great an cost below a dollar! Thats my tip for the day:)

Love this tip, with canned foods just watch out for the sodium content. I use a lot of frozen veggies though - especially for my stews and soups.

I'm going to join this. I need to make some healthy changes with my body. I've been suffering from an ED for many years and it's hard to get help for it, it definitely made it harder being male.
I really don't know how well I'll do, but I'll try, I'm struggling with a lot at the moment, but maybe doing the journey with other people will make it easier.

Welcome silverskimmer =) I have noticed that in the field there are still a lot of stereotypes that make it harder for males/females to get help for certain disorders. I'm glad to see that you'll at least try and we will be here to offer up some support!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 07:14:05 AM by SurfStar »

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Oh yay! I missed the last one so I'm so happy there's another one starting! :heart: Thank you soooo much for hosting this! I need to go out and get a scale. The only I have available to me is my boyfriend's but his is really wonky and is never consistent. One time it showed I lost 10 pounds in one day? Uuuuuh, I don't think so. lol As awesome as that would be :silly:

Also, what is the best way to get over a plateau? ;~;

Username: Monstarnomnom
GOALS:
  • My main goal is to lose these last 10 pounds. I could realistically lose 5 to be within my desired BMI, however I don't want to settle.  :P
  • I want to get my healthier eating habits back. I was doing really well not long ago And lost another 15 pounds or so(almost 50 since I started losing weight), but I just randomly kind of stopped.
  • I really need to be more active, like at least walk every day. I'm just so lazy when it comes to exercising. :/
  • I would really like to tone my legs up. I would love to have thinner legs. lol
  • I need to get over this darned plateau!
PLAN:
  • I am going to try and eat around 1,600 calories a day, less if possible. However I don't need to be excessive about it. I used to be like that and it made the weight loss much less fun and I couldn't be happy with it because I was just so crazy about counting calories.  >_<
  • I want to at least try to start walking every day, since I hate getting sweaty and all that jazz.
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight:155 lbs
  • GOALS  1) What is your goal weight? 145 lbs 2.) What habits do you want to break? I want to stop drinking soda again, mainly. lol 3.) What habits do you want to develop? I want to develop the mindset that exercising is NOT the devil. lol :P
  • PLAN 1.) Well my main exercise will be walking, maybe even hiking occasionally. That seems like it would be a good start :) I just need to start getting outside and doing stuff. I wish I had one one of those snazzy work out programs on DVD I could do at home, but sadly I'm broke. lol I really would love to play DDR again, but I can't seem to find a piece I need for my pad to plug it in :( 2.) I plan on eating healthier and less. This has been the main way I've managed to lose most of the weight I've lost recently.
Yay I'm so excited for this! This will be just the kind of motivation I need!  :biggrin:

EDIT: And I forgot to add why I'm doing this! Well, I am doing this so that I feel more comfortable in my own skin. Up until not too long ago I've been overweight my whole life. I want to finally be within a normal weight range for my height and age for the first time of my life. Not to mention I would love to fit into smaller sizes and look good in a wider variety of clothes :)

« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 09:13:52 AM by MonstarNomNom »
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
I just thought of another goal - get over my addiction to McCoys crisps, specifically the spicy ones :blush:

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
    Oh yay! I missed the last one so I'm so happy there's another one starting! :heart: Thank you soooo much for hosting this! I need to go out and get a scale. The only I have available to me is my boyfriend's but his is really wonky and is never consistent. One time it showed I lost 10 pounds in one day? Uuuuuh, I don't think so. lol As awesome as that would be :silly:

Also, what is the best way to get over a plateau? ;~;

[/list]Yay I'm so excited for this! This will be just the kind of motivation I need!  :biggrin:

That's how my scale is too! I've actually got a new one on the way from Amazon right now. I know that for myself, personally, when I hit a plateau that it helps for me to change things up. Eat a little more, eat a little less. Do something different as far as exercising is concerned. I change my routines pretty often so I haven't hit a true plateau in years actually.

And welcome! We're happy to have you!

~Pinkamena; I'm not sure what those are, but they sound delicious. I love spicy food.

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
    • Slaughterhouse II
    • Rapunzel Pony
    • TwinkleEyeTastic!
      • View Profile
    Best. Crisps. Ever.

I haven't got any left now, it's going to be so hard trying not to buy any more. Seriously, they are super-addictive I swear.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
    • Rapunzel Pony
    • I'll interrogate the cat.
      • View Profile
    Goals: I want to develop better habits I've been slowly losing weight by changing my habits but not keeping to them! I hope to keep up on work out/eating schedule how much weight I lose doesn't matter once I get the habits down.

Your PLAN:
        Height: 5 ft 4in
        Weight: 187.7
        Measurements using tape measure -  Chest: Waist: Hips: I have to go find my measuring tape I promise to fill this in later

GOALS 1.) What is your goal weight? For this 175 in the long run I'm trying for 130 

2.) What are your goal inches? never thought about those not sure what measurements I should be aiming for, I'd like to get down to size 12 pants but that's two sizes down so let's say 16s for this time frame

3.) What habits do you want to break? Sugary Snacks, such a huge problem for me especially since my family keeps bringing home the sugar! Overeating at dinner time before bed

4.) What habits do you want to develop? More salads, fresh produce from the garden/store, snacking on low calorie healthy things. Keeping on my workout schedule. Less pasta, especially dinners I need to watch what I eat at night.

PLAN 1.
    I don't follow a set diet... I try to eat healthy and I'm keeping to 1200 calories a day (what mynetdiary gave me) I let myself have a very small thing with sugar in it a day like a small cookie or a piece of candy I'm still kinda weaning off the sugar but some days I go without completely
    Cut out sugars, less pasta or go for an alternative spaghetti squash vs pasta. Like I said before more low calorie snacks.
    I want to do some form of exercise a day, I have several things I alternate with. If I'm feeling lazy I go for a walk, I want to at least twice a week go jogging to bring my endurance back and strengthen my bad knee. I have a wii fit, and I love to roller skate I just need to get up and go. I also want to do calisthenics/yoga every day I tend to not do them, such laziness!
    Drink at least 2 glasses a water before every meal, if I get snackish.. its how I lost the last 10 pds I want to keep up with this habit
    I may check out Noom... it looks like an interesting app just that would be included with my current workout goals if i try the month trial.

2.) What steps are you going to take to improve your nutrition? WHY What are your reasons for wanting to get into better shape and play with us in this journey?

I really want to lose weight for my health, and partially my appearance. I've had a slew of dates call me unattractive appearance wise and it's really depressing me. I have to lose weight cause I'm borderline diabetic so... yea and I've come so far in the last year I want to lose that last 50pds in the long run.
    « Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 09:01:33 AM by JazzMatazz »
    My Wishlist  Instagram
     Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline hlbmlp

• Trade Count: (+27)
    • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
      • View Profile
    count me in if there's still room!!! :D  gotta run, but i'll be back to post the rest of what you need!!! :3

edit:

Your Username: hlbmlp

Your GOALS: loose some weight, eat healtier, get some muscles in my arms.... (i have absolutely NO upper arm strength!)

Your PLAN: I am using myfitnesspal.com, so they are helping me figure things out and keep track, so i am on a 1200 cal diet that is adjusted when i do exercise.  doing my 4 min workout each morning, and more workout, eventually doing my ddr again....(havent been able to since i moved back from college)

• Height: 5'5"
    • Weight:170
    • Measurements using tape measure -  need to find a measuring tape
    • GOALS
    • 1.) What is your goal weight? somewhere in the 150s
    • 2.) What are your goal inches? less in the stomach, a few inches?
    • 3.) What habits do you want to break? being a lazy butt, and eating too much crud......
    • 4.) What habits do you want to develop? eating better and more exercise.... with weights
    • PLAN
    • 1.) What program will you be following (this is important, you need a PLAN for success, so be detailed)?  This includes how many days per week you are exercising... how many minutes/hour(s) you are exercising that day... WHAT type of exercising you are doing... etc. i want to exercise 3 times a week for at least a half hour, with weights, and do my 4 min exercise -
    • What are your reasons for wanting to get into better shape and play with us in this journey?I would like to be healthier and more fit.
    « Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 08:09:22 PM by hlbmlp »
    My Etsy . My Blog

If i owe you feedback pm me, my brain is not always here.

thanks kiwisquirtbottle for helping with codes!!! <3

Offline psyknife

• Trade Count: (+94)
    • Mommy & Baby Pony
      • View Profile
      • http://www.personalfitnessathome.com
    Your Username: psyknife

Your GOALS:
    I want to get back down into the 140's.  145 would be fabulous!  I ordered my bridesmaid dress a size smaller (my old size) and I aim to fit in that!  I also aim to hit about 18% body fat.

Your PLAN:
    A hybrid workout schedule that includes Les Mills PUMP, Turbo Kick and Brazil Butt Lift plus YOGA two times per week.  Some lighter walking/biking will get thrown in on nice days :-)  I also intend to keep up with my water intake, and I will be wearing my BodyFit Media Band and food logging to make sure I stay within my caloric needs during the challenge.  Eating like this 95% of the time... 5% to play with (drinks/desserts).

• Height: 5'8"
    • Weight:159
    • Measurements using tape measure -  Chest: 36 Waist: 31 Hips:41
    • GOALS
    • 1.) What is your goal weight? 145
    • 2.) What are your goal inches? Getting 28/29" waist would be fabu, 38" hips
    • 3.) What habits do you want to break?  No binging... even when depressed!
    • 4.) What habits do you want to develop? Just work on keeping the healthy habits I've developed w/o back sliding!
    • PLAN
    • 1.) What program will you be following (this is important, you need a PLAN for success, so be detailed)?  This includes how many days per week you are exercising... how many minutes/hour(s) you are exercising that day... WHAT type of exercising you are doing... etc. - I posted this above... oops.  Exercising 6 days per week!!!  Monday: Cardio, Tues: PUMP, Wednessday: Cardio, Thurs: PUMP, Friday: Cardio, Saturday PUMP, Sunday: REST!
    • 2.) What steps are you going to take to improve your nutrition?  Making veggies a MUCH bigger part of my daily intake... cutting out processed foods most of the time.
    • What are your reasons for wanting to get into better shape and play with us in this journey? A number of reasons... I am a personal trainer, so I want to make sure I look like one and stay that way!  Gotta inspire people!  Also, as mentioned above... gotta ROCK that bridesmaid dress.  On top of that, I often dress up like a superhero for various events... gotta look good in spandex.  It also just REALLY helps my self esteem if I'm working out and feeling comfortable in my own skin.

Post Merge: June 07, 2012, 11:17:06 AM

Also, I should note that I track my calories using the MyFitnessPal app/website... when being consistent w/measuring and logging I get results.  I encourage others to give it a go!
    « Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 11:17:06 AM by psyknife »
    Personal Fitness At Home ~ Home Fitness Programs To Help You Succeed

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
    • Trade Count: (+33)
    • Rapunzel Pony
      • View Profile
      • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
    LOL Those look good, Pinkamena!

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
    • Trade Count: (+36)
    • Rapunzel Pony
      • View Profile
    me, me, me!! I wan't to join! I was planing on doing this on my own, but I have horrible problems willing myself to do things and I need incentives :) I´m too hyper now as I have a job interview tomorrow, but I will get all this in order when I get back ^^
    What a wonderful idea, please count me in!
    ~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline Yuitsu

• Trade Count: (+19)
    • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • Gamer Pony
      • View Profile
    Username: Yuitsu
    GOALS:
    Keep off the fizzy drinks, so my dentist doesn't have another fit.
    Less snackyness.

PLAN:

Height: 5'9
        Weight: 266lbs
        Measurements : 50-36-55 (Srsly. Damn you cleavage.)

GOALS and Plan and Stuff  : Yoga classes, even when it HURTS LIKE OMG. Get doing stuff the rest of the week. Use the Kinect. Avoid biscuits. More Water. Break the comfort eating.

Be able to buy decent clothes again, or fit in my good stuff. Work out a way to decrease my bust size! Find out if the lower back problems are weight related as the doctors claim, or actually down to a problem. Stop having the doctors say everything is related to weight.

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
    • Trade Count: (+35)
    • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
      • View Profile
    Your Username:egyptiondragon
    Your GOALS:
    • drink less soda fix my sleeping habits and stop sloching start walking twice a day
    Your PLAN:
    start by limeting my soda to 2 day then go down form there take a walk at least w=once a day and put note on my mirror to remind me about slouching

• Height:5'10"
    • Weight:131.5
    • Measurements using tape measure -  Chest:36 Waist:34 Hips:39
    • GOALS stop staying up so late and to walk

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
    • Slaughterhouse II
    • Rapunzel Pony
    • TwinkleEyeTastic!
      • View Profile
    LOL Those look good, Pinkamena!

*drools at pic* they are! But I haven't bought any today! :cheer:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal