collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Removing nail polish from manes?  (Read 1517 times)

Offline Kitcatepic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • I've been living in the state of dreaming
    • View Profile
Removing nail polish from manes?
« on: November 30, 2023, 05:20:23 PM »
A few months ago I got some g4 ponies from a garage sale including lyra rainbow dash pretzel and lily blossom they had some red glitterly stuff that I think might be nail polish on them but I didn't inspect them too closely because they were only one dollar each and I didn't have any of them apon closer inspection the red stuff is also in their manes the glitter is very fine and doesn't come out when I rinse them the manes feel very sticky and greasy I was able to save pretzel which I am pleased with because she is my favorite but I'm not sure about the others. Is there a way to get this crap out of their manes or are they doomed to my pile of bait ponies for when I eventually get around to trying customizing
long live chrysalis

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Removing nail polish from manes?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2023, 06:22:29 PM »
You could try non acetone nail polish remover. I would test it in a small spot first to make sure it won't melt the hair. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Removing nail polish from manes?
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2023, 02:14:14 AM »
You could try non acetone nail polish remover. I would test it in a small spot first to make sure it won't melt the hair. 

I mean ... I'd also try just the 100% acetone myself, but then I can be a bit of a daredevil with my ponies to my own detriment! :lmao:

I think some kind of nail polish remover, along with maybe a fine flea comb, might be your rescue here! I'm sure you could scrape some of it out with your fingers alone, but the fine-toothed comb may help get the last little bits out. Best of luck!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal