collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G3 Plush Question  (Read 1794 times)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
G3 Plush Question
« on: November 23, 2023, 03:30:06 PM »
Hi all!

Someone reached out to me about some G3 plush and I couldn't give an answer. This picture is pretty infamous and passed around tumblr spaces a lot (sidenote, any attribution would be great if someone can tell me whose collection this is!)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

In this picture, you can see a large Sweetie Belle in the top left. She is clearly not as big as the jumbo plush on the floor of the picture.

When you look up a list of plush ponies, the MLW and StrawberryReef both say that the Sweetie Belle that came with a pyjama set is 3 feet. However, it also notes that the "Jumbo Ponies" are 3 feet.

With that context...

1. Is there a giant Wysteria, the size of the big girlies towards the front, I can sort of see her nudged in there?
2. HOW big are each of these ponies? The jumbos AND the pyjama ponies? Or is the Sweetie Belle pictured a different matter entirely?
3. What the heck is going on with both of the websites? I can at least update MLW inaccuracies...

Thanks in advance!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: G3 Plush Question
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2023, 03:33:50 PM »
I think there was a medium-large plush of Sunny Daze, so that might be the white pony on the floor in question...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2023, 04:17:26 PM »
Oh boy, this is such a fun photo!! Let's see what I can remember!

1. Is there a giant Wysteria, the size of the big girlies towards the front, I can sort of see her nudged in there?

While I DO believe there was a giant Wysteria made (I have a memory of a print ad of her from some kind of Australian toy store, am I imagining that?), I think she may actually be in the back row, underneath Minty. I think you may be seeing giant Twinkle Twirl instead, and then right behind her with the more red-toned purple is Toola Roola?

2. HOW big are each of these ponies? The jumbos AND the pyjama ponies? Or is the Sweetie Belle pictured a different matter entirely?
I believe they're generally called the 3-footer ponies, since they're around 3 feet tall? I believe the smaller Sweetie Belle is the proper 'pajama pal' size, which is roughly half the size? I've never had one in person, only the MO Frilly Frocks, so I can't be completely sure!

3. What the heck is going on with both of the websites? I can at least update MLW inaccuracies...

Heck if I know that part! :lmao: I don't have any dusty memories to call on for those!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline starbritesprinkles

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Lyrical Vault | she/her/hers
    • View Profile
    • StarbriteSprinkles
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2023, 05:32:56 PM »
I want to know about the Kimono up front since she was a contest prize in Australia.

The "standard" size for these is three feet tall. I would say that SB and Wysteria on top are half that size. You can see SB next to carnie prize RD in this post. I have a carnie Sunny Daze that is about 1½-2 feet tall. As for their origin (SB & Wysteria), you'd have to ask halicabi herself. I don't know anything else about them.

ETA: IF I remember correctly, the pajama case plush are not quite as large as the others.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 05:35:09 PM by starbritesprinkles »

Offline Squirtsquirt

• Trade Count: (+235)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2023, 07:49:10 AM »
Yes, there was a giant Wysteria.  I had one and sold her due to lack of room...and yes, she is peeking out from under Minty!  The pajama ones are about half the size of the giants, so they are pretty accurately shown standing on top of Minty and Frilly?  All very adorable, but due to size...just a nightmare to keep somewhere!

I do remember the Kimono, but I can't remember who said they had gotten her.  I would assume that is their collection, although time has passed and she could've been sold a couple times by now.
Thanks to Whippetluv for my awsome persona pony!!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2023, 09:00:29 AM »
Did some digging because I remembered this coming up before...

The photo in OP is of Spinky69er's collection :)

Here is a good thread about them:
https://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=318290.msg562404#msg562404

Going off that thread I believe the Sweetie Belle in question is a Pajama plushie.

Potentially also helpful thread: https://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=390130.msg1695419;topicseen#msg1695419

No idea about sizes for these girls, except that the giant plushies really are MASSIVE!!! going off the one time I saw one at Ponycon :P
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 09:02:27 AM by Carrehz »

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2023, 05:20:04 PM »
I still have my Frilly and 2 pj pal ponies! They are very costly to get. :(

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2023, 10:48:23 PM »
Wysteria does come in 3ft size, & also 2ft size; I have her as a 2ft.
I want to know more about that 3ft Butterscotch tbh!!!
The only 3ft Pony I have is a custom Starcatcher Pink Kittywinks made for me & I love her (I couldn't fit another even if I wanted tbf).
There is another version of Sweetie Belle in G3.5 form & she's floppy. I have her & G3.5 floppy Cheerilee too.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2023, 03:31:00 AM »
Yes that's a very famous picture :) And I know someone who loves to show off the large Wysteria.
As for the Butterscotch, I think she is a custom. The pattern has been passed around so people can make their own custom.

Offline mysgalaxy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2023, 04:34:41 AM »
here's my pyjama pal wysteria compared to some other pony plushies

♡ they/them pronouns ♡
sig by me

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2023, 01:34:31 PM »
good pic for size comparison yeah I was gonna say 2 foot for the wisteria and sweetie belle are more common and the giants are 3foot. I only have the minty and man, seeing a rainbow dash go for over a thousand dollars I am thankful I got mine years ago...

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2023, 09:32:33 AM »
Thank you for all the answers! I've removed the "3 foot" marker from the plush page on MLW (that page REALLY needs some love). Too bad SR can't be crowdfunded in the same way. Lots of cool information!

Sig by Starscout <3

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2023, 10:08:48 AM »
The Butterscotch plushie in the photo is indeed a custom IIRC :) I remember it being discussed a few years ago and I'm pretty sure that's the conclusion we came to.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal