collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I Just Published an Article About Pony Collecting! With Professional Pictures!  (Read 2310 times)

Offline MLPforever

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook!
    • View Profile
    • Fluffy Bottom Plush
I even mention the arena in the piece!

I just published a personal essay on Narratively, one of my dream publications that I've been trying to publish with forever! The editor loved my pitch about My Little Pony and the essay went live today!

Could you pony peeps give it a read and show it some love by sharing on Facebook/other places? My favorite thing about it is that they sent a professional photographer to take pics of me and my collection. I've been writing a long time, but have never had my photo taken for an article before! How cool is that?? :D

http://narrative.ly/how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-embrace-my-my-little-pony-obsession/

Check out my etsy shop for beautiful handmade plush animals! Commission me for your own tiny MLP plushie! And please like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook for special discounts and progress photos!

https://www.facebook.com/fluffybottomplush

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
oh man, I love the article and that custom sculpture with the astronauts is epic!!!

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
That is a great story. :hug:
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
That is an awesome article!
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Aflame

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
aaaawwww that story was so lovely !! i feel just like you  as i have some really good friends from here and it makes me feel like part of some thing big :) my OH is also on here (charmer) and was really supportive of my collection and he has enjoyed pony cons too :) i love him :) xaflame

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
That was a great article!  I enjoyed reading it a lot.  You're a really good writer!

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Great article!  And you have such a beautiful collection.  That pony astronaut scene, OMG, that's amazing.  Was it a Pony Project piece?
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline MLPforever

• Dazzle Surprise
  • Like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook!
    • View Profile
    • Fluffy Bottom Plush
Thank you, everyone! Yes, LadyMoonDancer, it was a Pony Project piece. There is a line of art toys called "Star Bronies" made by an artist called Sucklord. I noticed the diorama on the back of those figurine's packaging, so I contacted the artist directly and bought the original piece from him :)  so if you want astronaut ponies, you can buy Star Brony figures! They are really cool!
Check out my etsy shop for beautiful handmade plush animals! Commission me for your own tiny MLP plushie! And please like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook for special discounts and progress photos!

https://www.facebook.com/fluffybottomplush

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
what a great article. Well written and thought out. I think it was bold of you to write - I could feel your emotions as you transformed from a closet pony fan to a Collector. It's a story many of us can identify with even though it's highly personal. Thanks so much for sharing. And your hubby sounds like an amazing guy!

Offline millenium0chi

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
That article was amazing and I loved the pics of your collection!  Congrats on getting published!
Be a Blessing
Looking for my childhood loves:
Princess Tiffany, Mimic, Twinkler, Surf Rider (baby sea pony), Majesty, Megan and Sundance, Cotton Candy

Offline Emberfly

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
Thank you for sharing your article, I really enjoyed it.  Well done. :)
Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
Really great article! Such a nice story and the photos are really beautiful.

I too was a closted collector when I first started dating the person who is now my wife- I kept my ponies and toys in those sliding containers that slid under the bed  :lol:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Thank you, everyone! Yes, LadyMoonDancer, it was a Pony Project piece. There is a line of art toys called "Star Bronies" made by an artist called Sucklord. I noticed the diorama on the back of those figurine's packaging, so I contacted the artist directly and bought the original piece from him :)  so if you want astronaut ponies, you can buy Star Brony figures! They are really cool!

That is so cool!  And I might just do that, they are just my kind of thing--cute, yet quirky and a little weird.  :P
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Online Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
That was a beautiful and super sweet article. I'm touched :') the pictures are really really nice too. :lovey:
I can relate, I was so anxious my SO would think I'm silly for collecting ponies, and I still do at times. There's a shelf in our living room and our bedroom. He doesn't mind at all. He never did. I still think he does after 6 years, however XD

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
That was a wonderful read! I sent it along to my husband; he's similarly cool but surprised me with his support for my collecting and My Little Pony enthusiasm...and has his own hobbies he can feel good about sharing with me now <3 Your collection is beautiful and what a wonderful story <3
ISO UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire, and complete jewelry babies :cool:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal