collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: At what point is it appropriate to file a NPB?  (Read 721 times)

Skitterbug

• Trade Count: (0)
At what point is it appropriate to file a NPB?
« on: February 20, 2014, 09:04:11 AM »
I sold a set of figures (non-pony) on the 17th and still haven't received payment or contact from the buyer (who had registered the day the item sold). I know I might be a bit on edge, but how many days is reasonable to give them for payment?

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Re: At what point is it appropriate to file a NPB?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 09:12:55 AM »
Thanks for asking this, I'd like to know to, I know mine is definitely too early to file, but I have a suspicious feeling three of my 9 buyers have no intention of paying me. Thankfully only a few Robertsons pin badges, so nothing valuable!

Good luck getting an answer, hope you're well Skitterbug!

Skitterbug

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 09:16:53 AM »
I wouldn't be so jumpy if it wasn't a brand new no feedback account, I think. :/ (also, i'm trying to figure out where my avatar went. I swear it used to be there lol)

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 09:26:14 AM »
You can file after two days now. You are the seller, you set the rules. File a NPB and that may get their rear into gear OR it may not.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 09:31:41 AM »
You can file after two days now. You are the seller, you set the rules. File a NPB and that may get their rear into gear OR it may not.

Great, thank you from me too, super helpful ^.^

Skitterbug

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 09:34:18 AM »
Good to know. I think I'd give them a bit more time if they had some feedback, but I'll probably go ahead and file on them today :/

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 10:35:23 AM »
Three days and they haven't even contacted you? :mad: I never understood why people bid when they don't plan on paying immediately.

Skitterbug

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 12:11:15 PM »
Three days and they haven't even contacted you? :mad: I never understood why people bid when they don't plan on paying immediately.

It wasn't even a bid. I could maybe understand placing a bid and life getting hectic and it totally slipping someone's mind. This was a buy-it-now. :/

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 12:51:54 PM »

It wasn't even a bid. I could maybe understand placing a bid and life getting hectic and it totally slipping someone's mind. This was a buy-it-now. :/

I've had this happen before to me. Unfortunately, I think it's buyers remorse. They buy it and then find a better deal somewhere else or realize they don't have the money and instead of contacting the seller and explaining their mistake, they'd rather just act as if it didn't happen. And the thing that kills me is eBay really doesn't do much about it. They record a NPB strike against them but it's basically taken off their account after a month as long as they don't do it more than twice in that time.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 01:14:48 PM »
Unfortunately there are idiots who lurk around eBay. I would probably just go ahead and open a NBP case against them. While eBay seems to not do anything about these sort of issues, it will be at least recorded on there account. Plus it will be the only way to get your FV's back.

I am sorry you had to go through this. It seems to be happening more and more  :(

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Skitterbug

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2014, 01:19:37 PM »

I've had this happen before to me. Unfortunately, I think it's buyers remorse. They buy it and then find a better deal somewhere else or realize they don't have the money and instead of contacting the seller and explaining their mistake, they'd rather just act as if it didn't happen. And the thing that kills me is eBay really doesn't do much about it. They record a NPB strike against them but it's basically taken off their account after a month as long as they don't do it more than twice in that time.

I really wish negative feedback could be left for buyers, even if just in the case of non-payment. Anyway, if they don't come through i'm posting their username over in the big npb thread - I can do that even if it's for a non-pony purchase, right?

@ponylady I did file a npb case a few hours ago. It's my first npb in... a whole ten sales on ebay so /shrugs

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2014, 04:33:01 AM »
Yep - add the persons ID to the NPB thread :)
 sorry you got messed about again though *sigh* its a nuisance that NPBs cant be left a neg anymore
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline emery

• Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+488)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • emery's emporium - My Little Ponies & other toys for sale
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2014, 08:22:19 AM »
A good thing to do if you are selling something as a Buy-It-Now is to check that little box under your Paypal addy that says "require immediate payment" that way if it's sold it's also paid for.

In general I open a NPB on day 4 (didn't know you could do it at 2 days but that's nice to know!) if it's an auction and I haven't heard from the buyer. Before that though I send an invoice on day 1 and then on day 3 if I've heard nothing.
My Little Ponies and other toys for sale on....
Facebook @EmerysVintageEmporium
Instagram @emerys_emporium

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2014, 09:28:53 AM »
I personally am guilty of placing a bid and completely forgetting an auction after winning. It was 3 days after that I got a payment reminder notice and was so embarrassed and quickly payed. So there really is a chance people might have forgotten and need a reminder. It just seems these days it's more often they don't intend to ever pay.

I really don't think there is ANY excuse to not immediately pay for a "buy it now" I mean it's called buy it NOW

Offline MoonHawke

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Gaming is Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2014, 09:54:30 AM »
A good thing to do if you are selling something as a Buy-It-Now is to check that little box under your Paypal addy that says "require immediate payment" that way if it's sold it's also paid for.
I actually tried using this. After 3 non-paying bidders for a pony, I finally decided to list her as a BIN for a price around where bidding had been. When I attempted to list her and use the require immediate payment option, it came up explaining that your PayPal must be a business account in order to do so.

As has been mentioned, send an invoice as a reminder. Yeah, when people are bidding things happen and people forget. BINs, not so much. I always make sure to clearly state in my auction how long buyers have to pay. If someone contacts me, than I'll work something out with them. After opening a case, I believe eBay tries to contact the buyer, and you have to wait a couple more days before you can close the case.

I do hope that eBay makes notes on accounts, even though it's shady that sellers can't leave feedback about the non-payment. If nothing else, make sure to file a case so that you get a refund for the fees that eBay charges when you sell an item. Nothing would be worse than selling an item, never getting paid, and having to fees for "selling" the item!
Wishlist: Cherry Blossom :heart: Fairy Dust

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal