collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Cooking Challenge - Week 6 - Ingredient You Disliked as a Child  (Read 5258 times)

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The Cooking Challenge - Week 1
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2014, 03:07:20 PM »
Tuneful, your dinner is making me hungry, lol!  I also need to get on board with doing more of my own cooking... I missed this round, but may pop up for others :)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2014, 03:23:30 PM »
Tuneful, your dinner is making me hungry, lol!  I also need to get on board with doing more of my own cooking... I missed this round, but may pop up for others :)

Thanks. Those enchiladas put me in a coma last night. Here's the recipe I used:

http://www.food.com/recipe/make-ahead-cheese-enchilada-casserole-110776

This was the easiest part of the whole meal, I think. The salsa, guac, and rice took up way more time and attention. The one thing I messed up on was adding diced green peppers to the enchilada sauce. Next time!

It looks like we had at least 3 of participate this round. I'll probably wait until tomorrow night to post the next challenge. Hopefully we'll hear from a few more cooks before then!

Offline ebmerc

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2014, 03:40:39 PM »
I made the broccoli pot pie from Oh My Veggies but put it in a casserole pan instead. XD It's everything she said it would be, easy and delicious! Now I just need to take better food pictures. ^^; You'll have to believe me when I say it's good.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Bubbles1983

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2014, 03:42:44 PM »
Ooh the enchiladas and the broccoli pot pie both look delicious. I may try them out at some point. I love a vegetarian meal.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2014, 03:44:00 PM »
I made the broccoli pot pie from Oh My Veggies but put it in a casserole pan instead. XD It's everything she said it would be, easy and delicious! Now I just need to take better food pictures. ^^; You'll have to believe me when I say it's good.

Yum! I'd never heard of that website before but it looks fabulous. I'll definitely have to use this as a resource for future challenges. Although the search function doesn't seem to work for me. Does it work for you?

Offline ebmerc

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2014, 03:56:43 PM »
I just checked it out and the search function worked. :/ Not sure what's up with the site. If you like I can send you a pile of vegetarian focused cooking blogs that I use all the time. My husband was vegetarian for several years and when he jumped back on the meat wagon we decided to do like two meat meals a week for a happy in-between.

Here is the link to the recipe. I forgot that I only had two ramekins not four so I put it in a casserole dish.
http://ohmyveggies.com/recipe-oh-so-easy-broccoli-cheddar-pot-pies/

Thanks for putting this cooking challenge together. :) I love seeing everyone's finished meals and sharing mine. Love, love cooking!

Bubbles1983

« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2014, 04:12:07 PM »
Yes, thanks for putting this together. It's forcing me to spend the time cooking. I'm so busy I usually end up having a ready meal, this is ideal motivation to do something else.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2014, 04:30:12 PM »
I just checked it out and the search function worked. :/ Not sure what's up with the site. If you like I can send you a pile of vegetarian focused cooking blogs that I use all the time. My husband was vegetarian for several years and when he jumped back on the meat wagon we decided to do like two meat meals a week for a happy in-between.

Here is the link to the recipe. I forgot that I only had two ramekins not four so I put it in a casserole dish.
http://ohmyveggies.com/recipe-oh-so-easy-broccoli-cheddar-pot-pies/

Thanks for putting this cooking challenge together. :) I love seeing everyone's finished meals and sharing mine. Love, love cooking!

Sure, feel free to post the links. I'll admit that I'm completely overwhelmed by too many options and so Oh My Veggies should keep me satisfied for a while. hehe. (I gotta pick up some seitan...never heard of it until now!)

Yes, thanks for putting this together. It's forcing me to spend the time cooking. I'm so busy I usually end up having a ready meal, this is ideal motivation to do something else.

Yay, glad you're enjoying it. I think the goal is to get out of our comfort zones and learn new recipes that we can incorporate into our meal rotation list, not to mention learn new techniques and ways of preparing food, or preparing food we aren't familiar with at all.

I've got a list of potential challenges for round 2....trying to decide which to choose!

Post Merge: December 08, 2014, 01:57:28 PM

And Challenge 2 is up!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 01:57:28 PM by tuneful87 »

Bubbles1983

Re: The Cooking Challenge - Week 2
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2014, 02:54:16 PM »
Garlic - what a good idea. Shall I go the full garlic?
http://britishfood.about.com/od/adrecipes/r/caramelisedgarlictart.htm

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2014, 08:11:50 AM »
Boeuf Bourguinon

It has garlic in it but I will make curry later in the week and that can be my garlic challenge

Love, ArtiexXx
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Bubbles1983

« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2014, 10:53:47 AM »
Boeuf Bourguinon

It has garlic in it but I will make curry later in the week and that can be my garlic challenge

Love, ArtiexXx

Was it as yummy as it looks?

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2014, 10:57:20 AM »
Boeuf Bourguinon

Love, ArtiexXx

Was it as yummy as it looks?

Yes it was pretty amazing.  I must admit I've done it a few times now so it's a standard in my house. Stewing beef, leeks, carrots and garlic cooked for 2 hours in red wine and beef stock.  I got the recipe from James Martin's book on slow cooking.  It's fairly healthy too if you cool the stock and skim the fat off. The final calorie count depends how much red wine you wash it down with of course!

I like the look of your Lancashire too, the potatoes on top look just right!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 10:59:53 AM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2014, 04:16:30 PM »

That is QUITE the full garlic dish!

I attempted tilapia with garlic breading on top but I didn't really care for it. I'd like to try something else before the week is over.

Bubbles1983

« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2014, 11:33:00 AM »

I attempted tilapia with garlic breading on top but I didn't really care for it. I'd like to try something else before the week is over.

I had to google tilapia, I'd never heard of it.  :lol:
Have decided to go full garlic and have now got the ingredients  :biggrin:

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2014, 08:42:21 AM »

I had to google tilapia, I'd never heard of it.  :lol:
Have decided to go full garlic and have now got the ingredients  :biggrin:

It's a decent fish, I think. It's my go to fish along with salmon. I'm having trouble deciding on something that contains garlic. Looking for recipes now as I'll have time to go grocery shopping today/tomm

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal