TCB > Trader & Shipping Support

Bootlegs on eBay?

<< < (3/3)

Tulips:
From what I recall about cases like this in the past (not my personal experience) eBay may side with you since the product is bootleg and against their terms of service and refund you without requiring the product be returned, instead the product must be destroyed...
I'd say your best course of action would be through eBay and reporting the seller, they're clearly aware their product is counterfeit and likely won't care about your complaints.

Don't quote me on this though. Good luck, sorry you're in such a crummy situation.

Taffeta:
I had Ebay want to me to return some clearly counterfeit games to the seller on one occasion. I had to really fight with them to make the case that returning them to the seller would just encourage the seller to sell them again. This was a seller selling stuff on a large scale thus probably generating good money for ebay, but although I got my refund without returning the games (since destroyed), I wasn't allowed to leave negative feedback for the seller (it was removed), no action was taken against the seller and they continued to sell the same listings on ebay after that event.

I sent plenty of proof photos to Ebay at the time and they acknowledged I was right. But although they sided with me in the end with the refund without return, it took a while to persuade them and ultimately they didn't take action overall. So you might get your refund, but don't guarantee you'll stop it from happening again :/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version