collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Another Introduction~  (Read 920 times)

Offline ThePoneZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Boop the Ice Crystal! :3
    • View Profile
Another Introduction~
« on: April 04, 2018, 06:50:23 PM »
Hello everyone!

My name is ThePoneZone, I'm 26 soon and I'm from the rural part of Canada. We have overpriced, terrible internet. Yay.

I've been lurking for a while and I figured I'd finally join. I doubt I'll post often as of yet since I'm a bit too poor to be buying ponies (and the only thrift shop we have only sells clothes :/) but I am saving up to hopefully buy a small lot for Christmas or something.

I do have a few ponies that my friend, mewthemew (also a new joiner) gave me as a surprise a while back. She got a few baity ponies and sent me the Starshine from the bait lot + some other ponies as a "starter kit" I guess?

This is all the ponies I currently own. None of them are my own. I have a story about that, I'll put it in spoilers to keep the post.... "short".

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Now for the story and pony blerbs. Be warned, this will be VERY pic heavy!

Spoiler
I was a poor kid, I'm still poor. My entire first 2 week cheque pays the phone/internet bill, the other buys food, but sometimes I can afford to spare $5. I had about 20-30 ponies and a few fakies back then. I used to love playing with them. My favourites were Gusty and Gingerbread that my mother gave me from her own toys. When I was about 10, my douchecanoe of a brother took several of my old VHS tapes, DVDs, and ALL my ponies.... and sold them for drugs. I never forgave him, and I never had another pony until early this year.

Getting an un-expected box of ponies in the mail rekindled my love for them.

Almost all of these guys have their own little blerbs about them.

This is what Starshine's other side looks like. The poor girl :c

This is what she looked like when I first got her. Her hair was tacky and hard from some brown-ish substance which I can only assume was mould. She also had some mould inside her but I cleaned her out the best I could.

Her head has a LOT of issues. She is easily the worst out of all the ones I have. I still wouldn't bait her for the world, though.

Next up is glory:

I haven't moved that image to my imgur yet. But this is what she looked like when I got her.

Here she is after a good scrub. I plan to re-tail and do a symbol touch up once I can stuff some pocket change away.

These two spots, symbol wear, missing tail and slightly yellowed body are the only flaws I saw with her. Her original tail washer was still inside her completely undamaged so I stored it away. Glory was one of my childhood ponies, and I'm glad to have one again. :)

This is the Sparkleworks mew gave me. She has a dark spot on two her legs, but otherwise looks fine, messy hair aside. I don't trust myself with tinsel hair, so I'm just gonna leave it alone. Her left front leg is short, so I call her Stumpleworks.

The other spot on her back leg. Please ignore the Frieza. >_>;

Here's a Coconut Grove, she's probably my favourite out of the G3's mew sent me purely because I love the smell of coconut, and her smell is very strong and very niiiice. 10/10 pony.

Though she has a bit of white paint specks on her face. And I think smooze/pindot??? Can't tell. Her face is the only affected area.

This is a Pony Bride I asked a friend for for Christmas. She's gorgeous aside from her front legs being a bit bent. Her hair got a bit messed up in shipping, and I'm awful with hair, so I'm not touching it because I'll just make it worse. I know Pony Bride isn't a fan favourite, but I did always love how she looked, and Bridal Beauty is a bit too expensive.

Who knows, maybe whe was from one of you guys! :silly:

And finally, what I like to call, "The McDonald's Trinity"

The Starsong was from mew. Her hair was horribly tangled and I ended up having to trim the ends off because it was unmanagable.

The G2 Sundance and G3 Starswirl (and the grey fisher price pony) came from an old lady's basement I helped clean out. She let me keep them. They were caked in nasty smelling mould. They smell nice and look nice now. Fisher Price pony has a lot of stains though. Starswirl also has some ballpoint pen on her back leg, and Sundance has... highlighter I think? Whatever those hot pink spots are. Shame. She's the only G2 pony I've ever seen in person and she's just a happy meal toy. Dx

I plan on mostly collecting Gens 1 through 3. The only G4 I'm interested in is Chrysalis. I'm not fond of the G4 style.

Unfortunately, we don't have any thrift stores within comfortable distance to me, and being from Canada, online shopping is expensive, so my pony shopping will be very very limited. That's why I'm saving a "pony fund" up for Christmas. I'd love to get my hands on a 35th anniversary Starshine someday to replace the poor condition one I have, but if they don't come overseas it'll be a looong time before I get one. >_>
I don't get to buy ponies often, but I cherish them when I do :lovey:

Offline mewthemew

• Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Another Introduction~
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 07:05:43 PM »
Expect to be showered with welcomes and love, Shrubbster <3 This place is great!

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 07:44:17 PM »
Welcome to the Arena! Your collection looks great so far! And yes, this place is great :biggrin: Glad you joined, I look forward to seeing you around! Hope you have fun here :D

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline ThePoneZone

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 08:02:41 PM »
Expect to be showered with welcomes and love, Shrubbster <3 This place is great!
Thanks, man. It really is. ^^

Welcome to the Arena! Your collection looks great so far! And yes, this place is great :biggrin: Glad you joined, I look forward to seeing you around! Hope you have fun here :D
Thank you! I think I will~ :D

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 08:46:01 PM »
Welcome to the Arena :frolic:

I hope you will come visit more often and share with us your love of ponies and any new additions as they may come into your life.  Look forward to seeing you around :)

Offline ThePoneZone

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 08:55:20 PM »
Welcome to the Arena :frolic:

I hope you will come visit more often and share with us your love of ponies and any new additions as they may come into your life.  Look forward to seeing you around :)

Thank you! I'm starting a pony fund for Christmas so I can hopefully buy a few or maybe even a pony lot. ^^

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 10:58:31 AM »
I love that you took the time to introduce us to each member of your collection. It shows how much you love them, and they're lucky to have you to take care of them ;)

I'm sorry you lost your childhood ponies. It's always a good idea to keep an eye open for  local sales and such just in case, because you never know when you might find a pony or two hiding away. G1 show up rarely now, it's true, but G3 are still floating around.

Your Sparkleworks has a lovely expression :)

Welcome :D
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ThePoneZone

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2018, 11:11:58 AM »
I love that you took the time to introduce us to each member of your collection. It shows how much you love them, and they're lucky to have you to take care of them ;)

I'm sorry you lost your childhood ponies. It's always a good idea to keep an eye open for  local sales and such just in case, because you never know when you might find a pony or two hiding away. G1 show up rarely now, it's true, but G3 are still floating around.

Your Sparkleworks has a lovely expression :)

Welcome :D

I try to go to as many yard and garage sales as I can, never have found any ponies, but I did once find this cool Kodak Disc camera for $5. No Idea what happened to it. I think it's still kicking around here somewhere.

Thank you! I do love them all very much. I'm as far from girly as you can get, but ponies will always have a special place in my heart purely because it was a big part of my childhood.

Offline SpookyTrees

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2018, 03:10:21 PM »
Hello and welcome! Not being an active buyer doesn’t mean you’ll have nothing to post about here! I only buy one every few years. A love of ponies is all you need to have fun here!
:biggrin: Looking for G1 Starshine, Bubbles, Lickety Split, Posey, Tickle, and a few more :biggrin:

Offline ThePoneZone

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2018, 07:56:22 PM »
Hello and welcome! Not being an active buyer doesn’t mean you’ll have nothing to post about here! I only buy one every few years. A love of ponies is all you need to have fun here!

Thank you very much! ^^

I love your name, btw. It's great.

Offline SpookyTrees

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2018, 06:10:25 AM »
Thank you so much!!!! 😊😊😊
:biggrin: Looking for G1 Starshine, Bubbles, Lickety Split, Posey, Tickle, and a few more :biggrin:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2018, 01:25:32 PM »
Hello and welcome. What a great starter set. The people around here are really kind and lots of fun.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2018, 01:37:20 PM »
Welcome to the arena! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal