TCB > Trader & Shipping Support

Bad experience with buyer "taburisu" on eBay

<< < (2/3) > >>

Taffeta:
I have one question. I totally agree that he's being unfair on you, and that his comments about the capitalisation is off because capitalised shouting is different from using it as an emphasis on specific words, and the first time he complained, you'd only capitalised 'the'.

The question is about the handling charge. Is that listed in the auction description? I am asking because you've referred it to ebay and ebay often side with the buyer. You're within your rights to ask a handling charge for materials but if you didn't mention it as part of the auction he might have a case that you added that amount to the USPS cost and therefore are claiming more shipping than necessary. You are NOT obliged to combine your shipping lots, so ebay might go with you on that. But it is just something you want to keep in mind. I haven't seen your auctions so I don't know how you've stated it.

That $23ish rate is fairly standard if you're in Europe buying from the US so it surprises me that he's making such a fuss about it. If he buys regularly from overseas he should know that that's about what it costs. It just makes me wonder if he feels like the handling pushes it up further so it's not that far off $30.

Just something for you to consider. If it's all stated in your auction you should be fine. If you just added it on afterwards, ebay may side with him. Especially if your auction does mention you combine shipping.

Totally on your side but want you to be aware of possible technicalities.

northstar3184:

--- Quote from: Taffeta on February 24, 2018, 08:12:23 AM ---I have one question. I totally agree that he's being unfair on you, and that his comments about the capitalisation is off because capitalised shouting is different from using it as an emphasis on specific words, and the first time he complained, you'd only capitalised 'the'.

The question is about the handling charge. Is that listed in the auction description? I am asking because you've referred it to ebay and ebay often side with the buyer. You're within your rights to ask a handling charge for materials but if you didn't mention it as part of the auction he might have a case that you added that amount to the USPS cost and therefore are claiming more shipping than necessary. You are NOT obliged to combine your shipping lots, so ebay might go with you on that. But it is just something you want to keep in mind. I haven't seen your auctions so I don't know how you've stated it.

--- End quote ---

But even if the materials/handling wasn't mentioned in the listing, wouldn't Ebay still side with her since the total shipping cost she requested from the buyer was still less than what the buyer had agreed to pay?

Zapper:
Let ebay solve it for you. That person sounds angry and it doesn't matter how often you explain it to them.
They stole your time and prevented a sale, they need to learn not to behave that way towards other sellers in the future.
Especially when they say they have done this before.

LadyMoondancer:
Sellers are not required to spell out their handling / materials costs in their auction descriptions.  So the buyer would not have a case against her based on that.

Taffeta:

--- Quote from: LadyMoondancer on February 25, 2018, 09:34:17 PM ---Sellers are not required to spell out their handling / materials costs in their auction descriptions.  So the buyer would not have a case against her based on that.

--- End quote ---

One would hope not, but since the buyer is being difficult, sometimes it comes down to semantics. Here the buyer is categorically accusing the seller of overcharging on shipping, thus it might become relevant. Ebay has ruled against legitimate sellers who have done nothing wrong because of semantics in the wording before. It's worth keeping in mind these days that people whine more and ebay listens to sellers a lot less than they used to.

On the same note, there have been a couple of claims discussed on here about shipping costs and people have successfully got refunds from sellers through pushing it with ebay. Those cases are different in some regards as they related to overcharging and an actual payment made, but it's just worth being aware that assuming something can't happen isn't the same as it not happening if the buyer is significantly determined.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version