Pony Talk > Toy Box & Games Cupboard

If You'll Excuse Me, I'll Be Over Here Playing Blue Version (Pokemon Gen7 Rant)

<< < (2/4) > >>

Taffeta:
I haven't read all the details of the posts because I haven't finished Moon yet (because real life and because the friend I was playing with is no longer a friend and that made motivation more difficult) but I will go back to it.

I don't have an issue with the way it's structured. I don't mind the change. My favourite gen is 3, that hasn't changed, but I like Sun and moon better than X and Y which for some reason really annoy me when I want to go back to them. I love the reissues of Gen 3 much more.

Don't get the point of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, won't be buying either since they're just upgraded games as far as I can see. My only real bugbear with Moon is that Lilly's pokemon is literally the only thing in the game I actually want to catch. And I can't, because it's Lilly's. That's so annoying. And I think at the end it evolves or something? And that annoys me too. Because I don't want it to. So yeah. That annoys me. Otherwise, not so worried.

Pokemon has let me down in one regard over and over, anyway, and that's by not giving grassies the same respect as some other types. I love my grassies. I still don't know why Mega Vileplume was never a thing.

BUT...

The pokemon centre experience from my trip to Japan made me realise that I am still very susceptible to cute pokemon even when little game things irritate. I don't generally have a problem with Gen 7. But it will never replace gen 3 for me. (And at least Gen 7 is better than Gen 5, which I literally hate almost everything about, except for the ice cream and the bug grassies...)

I am still hoping they'll rework Gen 4 as this is literally the only pokemon generation I've never yet played. I have Pearl or Diamond at home, but I was keeping it to play with aforementioned friend who is no longer a friend and then gen 6 came out and so I never got to it...so that's my hope for the future...

bright rabbit 1:
I'm still playing Pokemon Ultra Sun. If anyone needs Pokemon please let me know.

Carrehz:
You pretty much said all the problems I've had with these games, too. I haven't played UltraSun/UltraMoon (don't generally go for the sequel games) and tbh I haven't even finished Moon yet (I got... about halfway through, I think? I forget where I got up to.. the last thing I remember doing in the game is catching a Phantump).. I had to put it down for a bit since I had other stuff to do and I disliked it so much I haven't gotten round to picking it back up again.

I don't play these games for the stories tbh (I mean, I do pay attention to the stories and if I enjoy them then that's great, but it's not what specifically attracts me to the Pokemon games, if that makes sense) so I could overlook the lackluster story, but honestly I'm not a fan of the complete overhaul in the gameplay, either.. it just seems so unnecessary, tbh :/ That coupled with the excessive handholding (I swear it's like 50% handholding and 50% cutscenes) just put me right off. And there's barely any new Pokemon! :( I wasn't really impressed by the Alola forms either, some of them are cute but overall I would rather have totally new Pokemon instead of new versions of old ones.. also not a fan of how much G1 shilling there is in this gen. I get it, Kanto's great, but this is a NEW game, dangit! XD If I wanted gen 1 I'd play that instead, you know?

I was disappointed by the fact that it's impossible to trade between earlier versions and Sun/Moon, too.. a friend gave me a shiny Buneary a while before they came out and I'd been hoping to trade him up to Moon and use him there, but nope. :( That wasn't too disappointing until I fired up the game and found out just how few new Pokemon there actually were.. and honestly I was not too impressed with most of the new Pokemon either, especially not the Ultra Beasts (wth even are those things?!?).

Agree w/ you about Z-Moves, too - I'm not a fan of these silly gimmicks (not a fan of Mega Evolution, either - I like SOME of the forms like Mega Gardevoir and Lopunny, but I'd never use it in-game). Z-Moves are just silly, lol.

Taffeta - I'm waiting for a gen 4 remake, too :) I'd love to revisit Sinnoh.

Al-1701:
I have Pokemon Bank and Transporter, so I could just port them from my other games.  They don't register in the PokeDex, but they're there.  Actually, I need to renew my subscription pretty soon.

Leave a Whisper:
@Carrehz. Gen 4 is the only one I've not played.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version