collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 143362 times)

Offline Saphy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #210 on: January 07, 2018, 01:39:39 PM »
One set per store may be false.... or my store messed up.
They only had 5 ponies....But 2 of them were snuzzle

I bought all 5 lol....I still want cotton candy so bad though

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #211 on: January 07, 2018, 01:43:14 PM »
I picked up my Cotton Candy and Minty at Target today. I hate buying non-thrift, but I gotta admit, this was $20 well spent. (does anyone remember how much the original g1's cost when they were released?)

Original G1s cost $5 in 1983 money, but that is the same as $12.38 in today's money. :) 

The Pretty Parlor, which cost about $11, would be $27 in today's money . . . Sure makes me appreciate the ponies that my parents bought me!

I think 2018 Teddy Ruxpin looks better than original Teddy Ruxpin--the original creeped me out a bit, lol!  I saw that there is a Share Bear with her original symbol (soda) being released, she looks great.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 01:44:47 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 07, 2018, 01:45:56 PM »
I'm totally stoked that the 80's are coming back in full force, with the Etcha-a-Sketch, Teddy Ruxpin, Strawberry Shortcake, Care Bears, and the g1 MLP singles. Sweet Nostalgia bomb, Batman!

I picked up my Cotton Candy and Minty at Target today. I hate buying non-thrift, but I gotta admit, this was $20 well spent. (does anyone remember how much the original g1's cost when they were released?) Thanks to that person who posted the DCPI number on page 10. I had to ask an employee and he so very kindly dug them out of the back, since they weren't out on the shelves. I, however, am VERY disappointed that the "one set per store" rumors are true, as this will make it very difficult to get others, if I so choose to go back, and will most likely be priced exorbitantly on online sites due to limited quantity.

Wait for me, Butterscotch.

$5 in 1982 is the same as $12.61 in 2016.  :)  (I couldn't find anything for 2017.)   So really they are a little cheaper than the original collector ponies.  I am fine with paying $10 as long as the quality is good, which I hope it is.  From the pictures I can tell their tails are much fuller than the first retro set.

Yep, roughly $5 for a basic pony, the more gimmicks and accessories it had could push it up to $12...
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 07, 2018, 01:56:30 PM »
I picked up my Cotton Candy and Minty at Target today. I hate buying non-thrift, but I gotta admit, this was $20 well spent. (does anyone remember how much the original g1's cost when they were released?)

Original G1s cost $5 in 1983 money, but that is the same as $12.38 in today's money. :) 

The Pretty Parlor, which cost about $11, would be $27 in today's money . . . Sure makes me appreciate the ponies that my parents bought me!

I think 2018 Teddy Ruxpin looks better than original Teddy Ruxpin--the original creeped me out a bit, lol!  I saw that there is a Share Bear with her original symbol (soda) being released, she looks great.
huff

curse inflation. All the more reason why I'm grateful if I find old ponies in thrift shops for next to nothing. (though I still haven't found any g1's in physical stores) ):
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 07, 2018, 02:55:33 PM »
I haven’t been able to wash my Minty yet, we don’t have heat in our house and Florida is just a liiiiiitle too cold for that right now. Now that her tail isn’t wet from me styling it it’s more like this… off white/cream color in that spot. I think it’s from what was keeping her leg to her tail (tape, I think, not a rubber band). Certainly doesn’t change my opinion of her. She looks so good… and I hope my husband starts work soon so I can maybe get another one (probably Snuzzle)

Edit: my husband made me clean her and the spot seems to be gone! I’ll post some before/after pics later so people can see. Just don’t have access to my laptop right now.

I’m happy that the spot is gone. :)

I love the Share Bear with the soda symbol. :) I saw her yesterday on the same endcap with the anniversary ponies.
I’m really hoping that Butterscotch will stil be waiting for me to buy her when I’m able to get another pony. :) I wonder if the one set per store is a test to see how well these sell and then more will appear if Bridge Direct sees theses are big sellers. I already saw someone asking about them on Target’s Facebook page as well.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline gullideth

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 07, 2018, 03:02:49 PM »
Is there any way to bombard Bridge Direct with emails requesting certain ponies be made....for instance, I would love a repro Rapunzel! 

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 07, 2018, 03:06:27 PM »
Is there any way to bombard Bridge Direct with emails requesting certain ponies be made....for instance, I would love a repro Rapunzel!
gimme all the Takara ponies. They're long overdue for being released in the U.S. If Hasbro won't make them, I can always hope for Bridge Direct to.
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline Joshuasebastien

• Magic Motion Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 07, 2018, 04:25:58 PM »
I made the hour and a half drive to my closest Target today, and after checking through the toy aisles and seeing nothing I brought a pic of the barcode from an instagram post to customer service and a girl working their scanned it to check their inventory. She said they only had six and that they were in "transition," whatever that means. She called on the radio to someone in the stockroom to see, and they brought out a box with all six in it. I  couldn't not buy all of them. I was very glad they were so willing to help, especially since it's such a trek to get there!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 07, 2018, 05:34:29 PM »
The person that asked about these on Target’s Facebook got a response from them. This is what Target said

“ My Little Pony fans have been snapping these up... We're working now to bring more of this assortment into stores. When asking for help on your calls, use Target item number 086-00-2831. It will help our team members check for them quickly. “

Hopefully this means that Target has already noticed how popular these ponies are and we’ll see more of them.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 07, 2018, 05:39:34 PM »
No luck at my usual Target again today!  I gave the DCPI number to an employee and she said there weren't any.  So either I missed them or they were never in stock, but the girl seemed to think there weren't any, and since she was doing toy restocks when I asked her she definitely knew what she was talking about!

Thankfully, my dad is checking the Target near him for me tomorrow and then I'm going to the city to see a friend so I'll stop at one of the Targets in the city on the way to see her.  So hopefully either my dad or I will be able to find these ponies!! 

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 07, 2018, 05:48:30 PM »

That's what I was thinking.  How about a rerelease of the TAF babies?!

Offline Saphy

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 07, 2018, 06:23:54 PM »
Or boys...let's not forget boys

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #222 on: January 07, 2018, 06:56:53 PM »
after stalking target since wednesday... I finally got them to find the one box they had....they look awesome...I will get better pics later ^.^

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 07, 2018, 08:01:10 PM »
I wish they had done a different set for the 35th anniversary since I already bought the 25th anniversary sets when they came out, but these look much nicer than the old ones and I plan o pick up at least Minty and maybe a couple others. I'm glad to hear they're selling so quickly! Hopefully this means they'll be encouraged to make other sets! I'd be happy with anything that hasn't been re released before but 'd personally love to see flutter ponies, I really would love a set with wings haha! I think the most clever idea for the next set (if there is one) would be seaponies though, since G4 just came out with them and have been heavily promoted, I think it'd be fun to see the originals on the shelves next to them!

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 07, 2018, 08:08:56 PM »
I took some pics of the box, but they aren't too pretty ^^; Apologies for the messy work area. There's no logo on the box, just things like barcodes, country of origin, UPC and DPCI code, etc. The other two sides don't have any text on them.

One of the boxes in that last one is empty because Blossom's been keeping me company :) I will probably keep the rest in their boxes and in this cardboard box, because it is such a perfect container and will keep them from getting damaged. I'mm even considering seeking out a second Blossom to keep MIB, so I can have a full set in box. Hopefully that won't be too ambitious, since it seems most people are after Minty, Butterscotch and possibly Snuzzle?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal