collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Snugglebumms owners  (Read 640 times)

Offline Rowan Badart

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
Snugglebumms owners
« on: January 19, 2016, 11:31:01 AM »
Are there any Snugglebumms collectors here?
Im thinking of getting some of these nonstalgic figures, but i dont know anything about condition etc.
When it comes to MLP i came to know what i have to look for, and know how to fix certain flaws, but Snugglebums are totaly new to me.
For instance, does anyone have any tricks to fix snugglebum hair when its all messy, or how to fix discoloration in hair lines etc?

[Moving to The Toy Box ~ Kiwi]
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 02:29:54 PM by Rowan Badart »

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
Re: Snugglebumms owners
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 03:19:34 PM »
I've used the same cleaners on Snugglebumms as on Ponies with success. I think the plastic is quite similar. For the hair, it is basically a piece of fake hair sort of like carpet that is glued on. I take soap to it, scrub lots, then rinse well. Allow to dry, and then carefully comb with a long tooth comb. Never had much success with getting the original soft texture back though. Discoloring along the hair line could be yellowed glue.

Be careful not to get them wet inside, the adults have some metal parts inside that will rust!

Offline Glitzi86

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 03:31:07 PM »
I have two from my childhood - they are sitting somewhere at my parents' house. Don't know which condition they might be in when I'll ever find them, so I'd be interested in some information how to take care of them.  ^.^

Think I had a Baby Cutely and Tuggles with his carriage - not sure about their German names, I only remember "Knuffelbunts" as their family name and might have given them names like "Sunny" and "Dino" or something like that ... ;)
The grass is always greener on the neighbor's pony's pasture. :relaxed:

Offline Rowan Badart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 06:27:14 AM »
Thank you for your replies;)

I found a mamma Brightly still working and as far as i could see in the pictures in great consition, hair looks good, even her blush is still on so it seems.
Bought her this morning for €26,95 incl shipping (within the Netherlands) very happy!

There's also a warmly for €2,99 ex shipping (€6,95) but her hair line is a bit loose in the front....is this fixable?

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 08:42:07 PM »
I have a few that need cleaning and a new home.  If you're interested, feel free to send me a PM.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline Rowan Badart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 11:01:30 PM »
Thank you Kellyponyfeathers, ill keep that in mind;)
Buying mama Brightly and warmly made me go trough my toy budget for this month:P
Which ones do you have, and what would be your price?

Offline Lady.Arachnia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I, Myself, am Strange and Unusual...
    • View Profile
    • Boutique Gothique, Very Unique Gothic & Fantasy Wear & Jewelry
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 08:46:12 AM »
I have a whole group of them!
But I need to take new pictures of them because they have moved from the top shelve too a lower one in 1 of my pony cases in my pony room....
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Artists for Itsy Bitsy Spider Pony! xxx

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal