collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Doing my first customs...help  (Read 328 times)

TeddyAndTex

• Trade Count: (0)
Doing my first customs...help
« on: July 10, 2013, 07:41:01 AM »
So I decided to work on some of my extra My Little Ponies, this time using G4 Cherry Berry and Rarity as bases for Merriweather and Glory.visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 The picture here is what I've done so far. Cherry Berry is partially painted and dehaired. What I'm basically asking here is....Is there any advice any of you can give me? Like, how to hair ponies (which I'm partiacuarily worried about) Can I buy hair in stores? (I don't really want to order any online) and what can I use to get rid of symbols and eyes?

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Doing my first customs...help
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 07:48:30 AM »
There are some tutorials for rehairing in the "Custom information, tutorials and where to buy..." thread stickied at the top of the forum. (I recommend giving the whole thing a look through, I'm sure it will help you alot with your first customs. They may even answer questions you don't know to ask!)

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,283445.0.html

You can use hair from wigs and Dollar Tree often has these childrens headband wigs that come in an array of colors.

You can use 100% Acetone (that can be found at Walmart near the nail polish remover) to remove the eyes and symbols.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 07:50:11 AM by kaoskat »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 08:16:00 AM »
Rehairing really isn't as scary as it seems!  Unless you have a tool, though, it CAN be time-consuming, but let the tutorials Kat posted be your friend!

We also had yarn hair tutorials posted recently, which is a good alternative if you don't want to purchase hair online since yarn can easily be purchased at a craft store.

Goof-off (sold in the hardware section at Wal-Mart, also available at Lowe's and Home Depot) is a wonder for getting symbols and eyes off, but only work with it OUTSIDE.  It puts off a lot of fumes.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Greylady

• Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • frazzle-haired fakie
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 08:17:27 AM »
And if you do use acetone, or even just plain nail polish remover for getting rid of the eyes and such, be safe and crack open a window. Ventilation is your friend when working with paint strippers and chemicals.  ;)

TeddyAndTex

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 10:54:38 AM »
Thanks for the advice guys. I appreciate it.  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal