collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Gusty, a.k.a. "Stinky" (sunfading)  (Read 5723 times)

Offline Mana_Mihara

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Gusty, a.k.a. "Stinky"
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2012, 06:52:40 PM »
I have a yellowed Majesty and this might just be what I need to do. Gusty looks awesome. Wonderful job!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ManaMiharasCustoms

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2012, 07:24:11 PM »
What a beautiful job. It can be so sad when you get a pony that wasn't what you had expected, but your result after cleaning her up and fading her must give you a satisfaction that more than makes up for it!! Well done  :)

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2012, 07:49:21 PM »
GORGEOUS!

Angelshy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2012, 11:31:05 PM »
Wow, she looks lovely!

Offline gustystarr

• Big Brother Pony
  • An eccentric whose quite fine with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2012, 07:05:55 PM »
 I just LOVE Gusty!She's the pony who drew me into collecting too.The most beauitful pony I've ever seen.Huge congrats on fixing her!

FlyingPonyMonster

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2012, 12:52:12 AM »
Wow what an amazing restoratiOn, she looks beautiful

Offline balletpot

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Avatar: Childhood Bow-Tie in a new outfit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2012, 03:21:45 AM »
I'm glad you all like her. It's almost hard for me to see her as a white pony, I'm so used to her being yellowed (even if I've only had her for about 2 months and some weeks). But I'm slowly realising that she turned out good. ^.^

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2012, 04:42:05 AM »
WOW she looks stunning now!! You did such a great job, congrats!

Offline moondancer1

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2012, 07:24:17 AM »
Wow she is gorgeous!  Gusty really is one of my favorites!  It is amazing what sunfading can do, all of my windows are full of ponies that are fading for various reasons!  Great job! 

schizophrana

Re: Gusty, a.k.a. "Stinky" (sunfading)
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2012, 04:20:46 AM »
how did you do that?

Offline balletpot

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Avatar: Childhood Bow-Tie in a new outfit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2012, 11:18:00 AM »
how did you do that?
Well, first I did the general cleaning of the body with a toothbrush hot water, soap and dish soap. Then I washed her hair and used both shampoo, conditioner and fabric softener. She smelled cigarette smoke and she still did after my first clean and even though I got rid of some surface dirt she was still very yellow. As I said in my first post, the smoke smell went away after she spent about a week in a plastic bag with baking soda and cat litter. I figured the only way to treat her yellowed body was by sunfading her. I was a bit worried if the Swedish late winter / early spring sun would be enough but apparently it was. So, the no.1 reason to Gusty's drastic improvement is the sunfading. The conditioned and styled hair helps too but sunfading is what made the biggest difference. Sunfading, yay. ^.^

Inkblot

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2012, 11:35:54 AM »
Wow, she's gorgeous!  :enthralled:  Amazing job!

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2012, 06:37:05 AM »
Wow, you did a great job.  She looks so perfect.  Love her long silky hair!

And flowersinherhair, I have *never* seen a Gusty like that . . . what in the world happened to her???  :)
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

schizophrana

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2012, 01:55:27 PM »
how did you do that?
Well, first I did the general cleaning of the body with a toothbrush hot water, soap and dish soap. Then I washed her hair and used both shampoo, conditioner and fabric softener. She smelled cigarette smoke and she still did after my first clean and even though I got rid of some surface dirt she was still very yellow. As I said in my first post, the smoke smell went away after she spent about a week in a plastic bag with baking soda and cat litter. I figured the only way to treat her yellowed body was by sunfading her. I was a bit worried if the Swedish late winter / early spring sun would be enough but apparently it was. So, the no.1 reason to Gusty's drastic improvement is the sunfading. The conditioned and styled hair helps too but sunfading is what made the biggest difference. Sunfading, yay. ^.^

I have a NBBE Baby Gusty that looks like a nightmare (the hair is nice) but i want to sunfade but im not shore how to do that:(

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Gusty, a.k.a. \"Stinky\" (sunfading)
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2012, 01:59:22 PM »
Now THAT is stunning white ;) You give me hope for my Gusty! She's rather far back in my restore queue because she isn't horrible, but she'll get her turn eventually. I also love the way you cleaned up the "glitter spill," I haven't seen that technique before!

Post Merge: May 22, 2012, 02:00:48 PM

how did you do that?

I have a NBBE Baby Gusty that looks like a nightmare (the hair is nice) but i want to sunfade but im not shore how to do that:(

There are some great tutorials on it around, if you have specific questions I and many others would be happy to walk you through the process :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal