collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Which ghoul do you think will be eliminated this round? (Results Up!)

Clawdeen
2 (2.9%)
Ghoulia
33 (48.5%)
Howleen
3 (4.4%)
Lagoona
15 (22.1%)
Nefera
9 (13.2%)
Toralei
6 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Voting closed: May 12, 2012, 06:46:05 PM

Author Topic: America's Next Top Monster: The Ghoul Who Drank The Tutti Frutti  (Read 5128 times)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Welcome to another round of ANTM!

Voting: You may only vote for one ghoul – the ghoul you feel will be eliminated this round. Please post your prediction in the thread. You may win a prize if you guess right.

Call Out: The judges will determine the call out order each week. Please read their critique fully before voting. Remember, the ghouls are not being judged just on the week’s photos, but also on their past performance, progression, and potential.

Prizes: At the end of the competition, I will tally up which members correctly predicted which ghouls went home. The member who scores the highest will receive a Monster High compilation prize. I have a ton of stuff to choose from, everything from accessories to clothes to brushes and stands.

Now, moving on....

Welcome to Cycle 1 of America's Next Top Monster! Six lovely monsters stand before me, but only one can be on top.

Last week the ghouls posed as the seven deadly sins. The fashion: tight, sexy skirts. The set: a coffin about to be buried under the earth. The mood: dark and edgy. Clawdeen, Toralei, and Nefera excelled, while Howleen, Lagoona, and Spectra bombed. Ultimately, Spectra was sent home for lack of progression.

This week the ghouls were photographed in an advertisement for the latest Absolut Vodka, Tutti Frutti. Some of the ghouls delivered magazine worthy spreads, while others didn't even come close. Who do you think will be eliminated next?

Clawdeen:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ty-Ty's critique: Girl, you took our advice and softened up! I love you both fierce and demure! Your position is cute and very approachable. Now you did cover up the Tutti Frutti a bit, which isn’t something you want to do in an advertisement. But I still want to figure out what the drink is you’re holding and if I can have some!

Nightmare Nigel’s critique: Perfect. Absolutely perfect. There’s interest with the legs, guidance to the beverage. Stellar

J. Jekyll’s critique: On set, you had a hard time finding your angles. You had a hard time working with props, specifically the couch, but you finally blossomed standing up.

Ghoulia:

Ty-Ty’s critique: I love the hair and outfit, but you look bored in this shot. It’s as if you’re saying, “Take it away, I’ve finished before I’ve begun!” Super not good for an advertisement. This shot doesn’t do the ad justice and you’ve been in the middle grounds for a while. In the words of my great grandma, “Drink or let go of the bottle!”

Nightmare Nigel’s critique: Ghoulia, you look terribly bored here. What’s wrong with the drink? “Take it away, I am DONE!” You’re so distant here. You didn’t bring yourself to the photo. Though here is an example of how a well placed hand can look great and still sell the product. But the rest of the photo falls short.

J. Jekyll’s critique: On set, you were difficult. You didn’t seem to know what you were doing, and I must reiterate that you don’t seem all that interested in the Tutti Frutti.

Howleen:

Ty-Ty’s critique: Both the sisters are rocking it this round. You brought it back after a not so great photo in the last round, with an ethereal and faerie like presence. With the dress trailing lightly behind you and that dreamy far off look in your eyes, this drink looks like something to have! My only qualm is that the dress swallows your body, losing your great figure.

Nightmare Nigel’s critique: I can already see the controversy starting. “But Howleen is underage!” NO YOU’RE NOT! You’re still over a thousand years old, baby! In my opinion, the wolf sisters stepped it up to a whole new level and showed a softer girlie/flowery/whispy/dreamy side. I like how you’re looking away from the camera, inviting the eye to flow more into the photo too. Your arms and the drink catch my eye and keep it there.

J. Jekyll’s critique:  On set, you rocked. You have an airy, dreamy look to you. I like it. It’s cute and sweet and fun.

Lagoona:

Ty-Ty’s critique: You’re not selling me the drink, Goo-Goo. It’s a very pretty picture, and you seem to exude a certain model quality here that you’re missing in your other photos. But a major part of being a model is to sell your product. In a normal photo, the demure position of your hand by your face would be beautiful, but it tells us to look at your face and not the product.

Nightmare Nigel’s critique: Honestly, you look like you’re pushing the drink away and are fanning yourself whilst a heartbeat away from fainting. I think the dress classes with the Tutti Fruti as well.

J. Jekyll’s critique: On set, you gave me a better variety of poses and way more energy than last challenge. But I still feel that you’re doing “pretty” and not “monstering”.

Nefera:

Ty-Ty’s critique: Baby, you’re just BUILT for modeling. I love the care free air of the shoes mostly off your feet. And reaching for that drink…I swear I’ve SEEN an ad like this somewhere! “Oh? This? It’s my new Tutti Frutti drink. Never heard of it? Then you must simply try it! But not mine, cause I’ll take yer arm off.” Maybe it’s just been a bad week for me, but you certainly make me want a nice drink! In that pose your hand and upper arm direct you back to the drink. Excellent ad.

Nightmare Nigel’s critique:  I feel like you nailed this shot. You’re a bit stiff on your right side, but the way you’re reaching for the Tutti Frutti, like you’re pushing yourself towards it, seems to sell the shot and the drink. I want that drink!

J. Jekyll’s critique: On set, you were a monster. Seriously. You knew how to sell that drink, and your hair looked hella gorgeous, too!

Toralei as Lust:

Ty-Ty’s critique: I kind of like your messy hair - windswept natural. I see you sayin’, “I’m too busy drinkin’ mah awesome drink to give a darn!”

Nightmare Nigel’s critique: I love how your tail curls around the chair there. A small, but interesting aspect of the picture. You’re not quite interacting with the drink here, but you sell it. It speaks something like, “Come, join me, and we can drink!” I feel you brought yourself to the picture, and your feline side really came out.

J. Jekyll’s critique: On set, it took you a while to get into the grove. The result was well worth the effort, though.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 06:49:02 PM by tuneful87 »

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: America's Next Top Monster: The Ghoul Who Drank The Tutti Frutti
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 06:53:16 PM »
I don't see why Ghoulia would be eliminated, she is the cutest of all of them here. I love the flow of the outfit, her aged hairstyle and how she is posed.

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 06:55:09 PM »
mmm...tough one here....  I don't like Lagoona's lack of interest in the drink, or Ghoulia's pose of disdain...  this is a tough call!

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 06:58:57 PM »
Its time for Ghoulia to go home. She still looks as bored with this photo shot as the last one she did.

Loving the Wolf sisters and Nerfera!!!!

Offline Cate_Dartfinger

• Queen of the Forest
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 07:03:13 PM »
I love Ghoulia and her hair, but her photo was weak. Howleen seems like shes being swallowed up by her dress, but Toralei just didn't do it for me this round. Nefera and Lagoona took beautiful photos, but Clawdeen is selling the photo AND the product!

:biggrin: Great pictures Tuney!!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 12:12:55 PM by Cate_Dartfinger »

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 07:14:10 PM »
Nefera and Clawdeen look fantastic! I love how Toralei looks like she's just wanting to invite you for a drink. She does look like she's been drinking, though. ;)
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Okiedokieloki

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 08:54:00 PM »
I'm going to say Lagoona is going home.

Hard to choose between her and Ghoulia; they're both terribly bored looking and aren't selling the drinks at all...but Lagoona's outfit just isn't working...Ghoulia looks much better at least. And very weak photos two weeks in a row for Lagoona. I think she's cracking under the pressure.

And aren't we supposed to be predicting who will be eliminated? People have been giving their opinions on the photos, but not everyone has said who they think will be going home.

karin_h

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 09:20:05 PM »
I voted for Lagoona. She just isn't delivering at all in the last rounds. It was tough between her and Ghoulia, but she has had some awesome pictures. Lagoona, not so much, between the outfit and the complete disregard of the drink... sorry Blue :(

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 04:13:00 AM »
Oh, I see! The poll is locked! Duh! XD I thought I was banned from voting! Well then, in that case, I'm definitely voting for Ghoulia. I'm not really feeling her hairstyle here, and she does look uninterested in her drink.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 04:36:39 AM by PandaBerryInSpace »

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline 4Lindy

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012, 04:29:41 AM »
Tried to vote, but no radio button to select.  So here's my vote!  I am going to say Ghoulia, because I think she looks completely sloshed in her shot, I mean promote the drink, don't look like you've had 10 of them already, lol!

And my winner in this round is Howleen.....love her pic this time!!!!

Huge Thanks to Alrak, SourdoughStomper and Mari for my Super Sweetie Siggy\'s!

Offline knitgirl

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2012, 04:58:35 AM »
I don't like Nefera this round.  Her shot looks either like she fell down drunk or that she has a back ache.  Not doing it for me. 

My favorite this round is Clawdeen.  She sells it, great pose, and her dress and the colors are super cute for the Tutti Frutti theme.

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2012, 05:35:09 AM »
It's a tough call between Lagoona and Ghoulia, but unfortunately I think Ghoulia has to go home this week. She did better last week than Goona did, but this week she looks completely bored in what she's doing. There's no life (lol) in that photo. It's a pity, because I love her hair and outfit this week, but she's not even feigning interest.

Howleen's never been very high-rated in my books to the level of some of the other monsters, but this week she nailed her shot! Toralei also did very well where I felt she did poorly last week.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2012, 05:51:02 AM »
Ugh, I accidentally locked the poll while scrolling on my iPhone. It's unlocked now. My apologies!

Okiedokieloki

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2012, 08:20:43 AM »
Ugh, I accidentally locked the poll while scrolling on my iPhone. It's unlocked now. My apologies!

And here I thought it was intentional to force people to discuss why they voted the way they did lol

Offline okapishomapi

• Programming Pony
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • NERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2012, 08:22:02 AM »
I liked Nefara's photo the worst this week, but I still think she will win the whole thing. I voted for Howleen to go this week...I just don't think she shines this week, and I actually disagree with the current vote - I think Ghoulia did very well this week!! Maybe it's just the hair that's winning me over :)

Thank you, taxel and Antlercat!
Okapi's Want List ~ Fishmeal Ref ~ Shomapi Ref

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal