collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: FedEx - GRRRRR!  (Read 1633 times)

Offline pop-girl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/mlppopgirl/pop-customs
FedEx - GRRRRR!
« on: May 08, 2012, 02:38:46 PM »
I am so frustrated right now I want to scream. I came home from work today to find a FedEx missed delivery notice on my door. According to the slip the package must be signed for in person at my address. I called FedEx to see what my options are since I work full time and can not be home to sign for the package.

Conversation went something like this:

FedEx: I apologize mam, it looks like you can pick it up in person at the depot in Dunedin, FL.

Me: I understand but that is a two hour round trip. Do I have any other options?

FedEx: If it's more convenient you can contact the shipper and have them redirect to your work address.

Me: Perfect! Can you tell me who the shipper is?

FedEx: I'm sorry but that information is confidential.

Me: So you can't tell me who sent it?

FedEx: No mam.

Me: Can you tell me the location it's being shipped from.

FedEx: No mam, I am unable to give you that information.

Me: Can you at least tell me if the package is meant for me or my husband? That way maybe I can try to figure out where the package is coming from.

FedEx: I'm sorry mam but that information is confidential as well.

Me: But according to the slip I need a government issued photo ID to pick up the package. How can we know who should go if we don't know who the package is for?

FedEx: I'm sorry but there's nothing we can do.

Me: Can a neighbor sign for it?

FedEx: No mam, only a person at the designated address.

Me: Can you give me a date and time for the next delivery attempt so I can be home?

FedEx: No, I'm sorry but we don't have that information available.

Me: So my options are to skip work and wait for the package, drive an hour to the depot and hope it's not out on a truck for delivery or let it get sent back?

FedEx: Yes, mam. I do apologize.

Me: And you can't give me any information about the package itself, who it's from or who it's for?

FedEx: That is correct.

Me: Thanks anyway.

I'm in complete shock that they are making it so impossible for me to get a package that is obviously meant for someone in my family.
I have no idea what to do. :(
Love & Miss My Pony Peeps!  :lovey:

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
Re: FedEx - GRRRRR!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 02:47:00 PM »
Good night! :pullhair: That's absolutely ridiculous. >_<
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 03:02:22 PM »
That is more than ridiculous.  :mad:

I don't deal much with FedEx anymore after the idiots kept delivering my stuff to the neighbor down the street.  I had to twice have them launch an investigation as to where the heck my stuff was.  And that's when they figured out my delivery guy was an idiot and fired him. 

Anyways I found this page on FedEx about Missed Delivery:
http://www.fedex.com/us/fedexupdates/March-2011/package-delivery.html?cmp=EMC-884000-emc-updts-2011-03

I don't know if that page will help much but maybe you could call back tomorrow and demand to talk to someone who has a clue?
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 03:09:16 PM »
maybe you could call back tomorrow and demand to talk to someone who has a clue?

THIS. What the heck?? That's completely ludicrous. They can't even tell you who the package is for???

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 04:15:21 PM »
Is the tracking number on the slip? The tracking number should give you origin location.
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 06:51:06 PM »
:whoa:  oh my goodness! what a ridiculous response from that fedex guy! :yikes:  its absolutely crazy! :crazy: 
I havent ever had to deal with them myself but 'll see what I can find out. Looks like Ponylady posted a helpful link though, and I would definitely try calling again and see if you can talk to someone with some sense  :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline pop-girl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 11:05:41 PM »
OK, I asked my husband if he was expecting a package from FedEx and his answer was "No, but you are." :blush: Apparently it's my replacement iphone from Apple.

I called Apple to see if the package could be redirected to me at work. The guy told me it wouldn't be a problem, put me on hold for about 15 minutes and then came back and told me they couldn't do it. He told me FexEx would make 3 delivery attempts at which point I can go pick it up myself or let it get returned to Apple and then it can be reshipped to my work address. Of course I already paid $30 to have it shipped and there's a $599 hold on my bank account until I send my damaged phone back to them. I can't really afford to wait so it looks like I'll be taking some personal time off work tomorrow to sit around an wait for FedEx. :(

Mystery solved although I was hoping for a package of ponies. :drunk:

Post Merge: May 08, 2012, 11:12:09 PM

ponylady, thank you for the link. :) I will definitely call again tomorrow before actually taking part of the day off.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 11:12:09 PM by pop-girl »

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 01:15:18 AM »
Hey Pop, I would ask FedEx if you can leave a note that says I hearby give permission to leave the package or something along those lines with your signature.

I did that when I was getting my laptop from Dell and then I just stated on my note where to leave the package because oviously I didn't want it sitting on my porch.  It was UPS but they allowed me to do it so FedEx might.  I forgot about that.  :blush:

Just ask the clueless guy on the phone today.  :P  I would tell him you have done it before too so he has to look into it and not give you a line of crap. 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 02:30:54 AM by ponylady »

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 03:30:01 AM »
Wow - it reminds me a little of one of my old jobs, I was a security guard on a secure establishment, and we were able to give out a map of said establishment with no reference points on it, and we were not allowed to actually tell people how to get to where they needed to go, because that was confidential information. It's just as frustrating for the employees as it is for the customers I can assure you, they KNOW its stupid, but, its unfortunately the way things are.

I do hope you can get something sorted to get your package however :(

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 04:45:47 AM »
That's weird, they don't even alert you before attempting to deliver?
I have only ever once had a delivery from fedex, I think they phoned me the day before saying approx. which time of the day they would come. I do remember I also had a tracking number and processing it at their website it said something like "planned delivery: tomorrow at approx XX am"
I think fedex kind of expect you to follow the package like that and be prepared, so the sender should have made you aware and given you a tracking number.
-

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2012, 03:03:26 PM »
I had a laptop delivered from apple and they are pretty strict on their delivery policy. On one hand I of course appreciate it, I don't want my really expensive item just sitting outside my door where someone could steal it - but it is a huge hassle.

Offline pop-girl

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2012, 04:56:19 PM »
I called FedEx as soon as I got up this morning and I had no choice but to take the morning off of work. They at least agreed to give me an estimated time of delivery so I knew they were coming around noon so I was ready for them when they arrived. NoDivision is right about Apple being strict - they dictate the terms of delivery and FedEx is not allowed to deviate.

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2012, 06:08:05 PM »
Good to know for future reference  :ohyeah:   about Apple.    I have never dealt with them.  :huh:

But I am happy to hear that you get your new phone!  Happy Chatting!

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2012, 04:47:49 PM »
Good grief thats just nutso. I am so sorry.  Wish you didn't have to miss work over it...but I guess it was helpful to all of us because now we will know if we order an apple product to make sure we have it sent where we will be.  Its a good thing to know.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal