collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Stalking Ditzy Doo 2012  (Read 46726 times)

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
Re: Is hasbrotoyshop down for anyone else right now?
« Reply #1005 on: July 18, 2012, 01:20:54 PM »
The fashion style one might be the G4 equivalent of Rapunzel... but now that Hasbro is POSITIVE that they have struck gold with this character, they're going to market the living bejeepers out of her.

I agree with this.  I think they will create merchandise with her on it.  I don't know if they would make a pony for sale at all toy stores but they will be producing something somewhere.  Maybe it will be in the hard plastic hair form.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Flutterblossom

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Stalking Ditzy Doo 2012
« Reply #1006 on: July 18, 2012, 01:21:29 PM »
lol true.  just call the post offic and explained swhat hapend.. i'm sure htey would be more then willing to hold your package there.

Post Merge: July 18, 2012, 01:16:35 PM

here i am ont he thread.. but  dont throw fakies at me...i'm askign out of genral curiosuaity. what is the big deal with her? i mean why do you guys call her Ditzy Doo or Ditzy Doo hooves?  or ditzy do or whatever?

i dont really watch FIM i only watched a couple of the episodes..  (the zecora ones)  and  the tribble (parasprites one) so i'm curious..

Well her fan name is :muffin: Pony. In an episode of FiM, they mentioned a "feather brained Pegasus" named Ditzy Doo, so the animators considered that as her name. In the episode "The Last Round Up", Rainbow Dash called her ":muffin: Pony" and parents freaked out, so they changed it. So neither name is canon, but most bronies call her :muffin: Pony. Some people find :muffin: Pony offensive and call her Ditzy Doo. I personally prefer a combination of both, DerpyDoo.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 01:25:25 PM by Flutterblossom »

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: July 18, 2012, 01:21:43 PM »
lol true.  just call the post offic and explained swhat hapend.. i'm sure htey would be more then willing to hold your package there.

Post Merge: July 18, 2012, 01:16:35 PM

here i am ont he thread.. but  dont throw fakies at me...i'm askign out of genral curiosuaity. what is the big deal with her? i mean why do you guys call her Ditzy Doo or Ditzy Doo hooves?  or ditzy do or whatever?

i dont really watch FIM i only watched a couple of the episodes..  (the zecora ones)  and  the tribble (parasprites one) so i'm curious..

She was a background pony that drew attention for her crossed eyes. There is a meme on some forums that involves showing a person with crossed eyes, and the word 'derp' so her fan name was :muffin: Pony Hooves.  In the episode The Last Roundup, Rainbow Dash calls her by said fan name, thus making it canon. People flipped out, and in later showings of the episode, it was removed and she's not called anything. If you look on knowyourmeme for "derp" you'll get some background on the word and it's rather innocent beginnings.  It doesn't mean what a lot of people take it to mean, unfortunately, because a lot of people do see it that way, it's considered offensive on these boards.

Offline slj84

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: July 18, 2012, 01:23:20 PM »
Hasbrotoyshop is being goofy for me too. 

So I checked my times that I was on the site, 12:00-12:03 I was constantly refreshing, then comes the person in asking me about lunch and I checked at 12:19 in which she was already sold out! smack head on computer!

As im sitting here constantly checking hasbro site I start having visions of next time I groom my Cavalier King Charles (Chloe) turing her into a fluffy living version of :muffin: Pony :P

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: July 18, 2012, 01:29:32 PM »
ah thanks guys for clearing that up..  but agian another Question. ><  sorry..  i watch the old   ones like  the orignals and stuff.. i've heard her called :muffin: Pony hooves. i'll have to watch that eepisode on netflix.

but what do you mean canon? like canon fodder?  and what exaclty is the defntion for Brony? i've  heard it  been described as  anyone who lieks the new fim and then  as male people who likes  mlp.  *hides*  i'm  not sure about all this new termongly. 

Offline Iris

• Trade Count: (+30)
    • View Profile
    • http://shadesofrain.deviantart.com/
« Reply #1010 on: July 18, 2012, 01:31:20 PM »
So I got a response back from my email message and it's pretty obvious that it's a copy and paste statement and that they actually didn't read the entire contents of my message. :(  Crummy day is crummy.

*slides off to get some icecream and cheer herself up* :3

Messages just in case anyone is interested -
To whom it may concern,

I'm writing today just to express my absolute disappointment in glitches or errors in the website that kept several people from being able to attempt to by con exclusives before they sold out.

Like many people I had been checking the site (and other sites that were watching the Hasbro Toy shop for updates) for the past two days, and I just happened to be lucky enough to refresh just as she was put up.  I proceeded to try and buy her.  I clicked 'proceed to checkout' atleast 15 times, but my subtotal remained at $0 and it just kept taking me to the same page.  I thought perhaps it was a mistake so I deleted the item and added it again.  Once again I clicked many times only to have nothing happen.  Finally I thought perhaps the problem had to do with Paypal being my payment type, so I went into my account information and added a credit card in and tried again.  Again nothing would happen, always a subtotal of $0 even as people around me are claiming to have gotten not just one of her but two and three.

Finally after she was totally sold out a few people figured out that the problem had to do with the fact that we were already logged into our Hasbro Toy Store accounts, and that logging off and relogging in fixed the $0 glitch.  But of course this was long after she was already sold out.

I've been a customer of Hasbro and My Little Pony for years.  I've bought from the website many times (including one big order of 10-15 of the blank ponies) just as a for instance.  So I'm absolutely furious that the reason I was unable to get the Comic con pony is 'because' I am a previous customer and was already signed into the site.  Repeat customers should have the same, if not a better chance at things in my opinion, not be penalized.

I have also seen many people stating that they ordered more then 1 pony despite the one per household limit, which I'm sure helped a lot in how quickly she sold out.  This is entirely unfair and, even if I don't manage to get one myself, I really hope as a company that you hold to your word and make sure it stays 1 per household, and cancel out those duplicate orders.

I'm sorry if any of the message was harsh, I'm just really upset at the whole exclusive situation and drama considering how quickly she sold out (at the fair, at SDCC, and now on the website).  If I had missed her because I wasn't around it wouldn't have been that big of a deal, but to miss her because of a website glitch is heartbreaking.

Thank you for your time

Hello,

Thank you for your e-mail and for your interest in HasbroToyShop.com.  We do apologize for your troubles in ordering this year’s exclusive San Diego Comic Con items from HasbroToyShop.com.  Due to high volumes of activity on the website on July 18th, many people were unable to secure the exclusive item(s) that they were trying to order. Unfortunately, when an item is placed in a customer’s cart, the item is not reserved for that customer until the order has been completely placed and the customer receives the order number.  Therefore, if a customer added an item to their cart and by the time the customer was able to check out with their order the item was no longer available, this means the item was unfortunately sold out in the meantime. Unfortunately, there is no reserved stock of the exclusive Comic Con items and once they are sold out on HasbroToyShop.com, there will be no more available as these items were made in limited quantities and will not be restocked at any time. We would like to apologize for the long hold time that customers experienced during the afternoon on July 18th as there was an inundation of phone calls of customers with questions and concerns in regards to the Comic Con exclusives.  Customer satisfaction is very important to us and we always strive to answer phone calls from every customer as soon as we are able. Again, we apologize that many customers were unable to place orders for the exclusive items they wanted to purchase.  These items are made in limited quantities as they are exclusive to the Comic Con convention and a small amount are reserved to be sold from HasbroToyShop.com after the convention for customers who were unable to attend. We are working with our corporate offices and technical support teams to be better prepared for the release of the Comic Con exclusive items on HasbroToyShop.com after next year’s convention.

HasbroToyShop.com will be cancelling all orders that went over our clearly stated cart limits. We apologize again for any inconveniences the website issues and long hold times caused on July 18th.  If there is anything else we can assist you with, please let us know.

We greatly appreciate your business.  If you have additional questions, please visit our website, www.HasbroToyShop.com, or contact our Customer Service Center via e-mail at [email protected] or phone at 1-800-408-0052. (8 AM - 8 PM EST, Monday - Friday and 10 AM - 6:30 PM EST, Saturday)

Sincerely yours,

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: July 18, 2012, 01:33:05 PM »
ah thanks guys for clearing that up..  but agian another Question. ><  sorry..  i watch the old   ones like  the orignals and stuff.. i've heard her called Ditzy Doo hooves. i'll have to watch that eepisode on netflix.

but what do you mean canon? like canon fodder?  and what exaclty is the defntion for Brony? i've  heard it  been described as  anyone who lieks the new fim and then  as male people who likes  mlp.  *hides*  i'm  not sure about all this new termongly.

Canon in this context means that it's generally accepted as the real name.  A Brony is a non-traditional fan of My Little Pony, generally male fans of Friendship is Magic, and the females are referred to as Pegasisters in that fandom.

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: July 18, 2012, 01:36:23 PM »
Iris, I got the exact same response, word for word, from my email. I guess it is just cut and paste!
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Flutterblossom

« Reply #1013 on: July 18, 2012, 01:40:09 PM »
Since they have been cancelling orders, I guess DerpWatch will continue for those who didn't get her! Good luck everyone!

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: July 18, 2012, 01:40:34 PM »
thanks octocorn!  that clears things up .

and yeah guys the emails really dont do anyhting.. its just a cut and paste  "i'm sorry but i really dont care  buy thigns form my site anyway" letter..

Offline slj84

• Trade Count: (+51)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: July 18, 2012, 01:43:12 PM »
I got the same exact response Iris.  You would think a company of Hasbro's size would of been able to put in place a block on accounts once one of each the comic con items has been bought from it, same with CC#'s and addresses.  Other sites that have had exclusives of things have done this before.
Sherri

Bronley

« Reply #1016 on: July 18, 2012, 01:43:23 PM »
ah thanks guys for clearing that up..  but agian another Question. ><  sorry..  i watch the old   ones like  the orignals and stuff.. i've heard her called Ditzy Doo hooves. i'll have to watch that eepisode on netflix.

"Ditzy Doo hooves" is the result of the forum word filter changing ":muffin: Pony hooves"

"Canon" (not "cannon") means something is accepted officially (originally by the Catholic church - when they "canonize" a saint or whatever means the church officially accepts it into the teachings). The term is used for any mythos or story universe to mean that the creators/controllers of that story universe accept that as part of the universe. Things that aren't canon can be said to be part of the "fanon" instead (meaning it is accepted by at least some fans). See also headcanons (things you personally accept in your version of the story in your own head).

(Canon the company that makes cameras/lenses presumably wants to present 'the real image of the world' in their products I guess.)

"Brony" (from "Bro" + "pony") is the name for the (mostly-male) fans of MLP FiM. "Pegasister" is a possible female version of the term, but many just use "Brony" as non-gender-specific (since "pegasister" is so silly sounding and a later invention).

Flutterblossom

« Reply #1017 on: July 18, 2012, 01:54:24 PM »
Bye guys! Whew, what an eventful day on DerpWatch! I hope the people who didn't get her will continue to stalk HTS and eventually get her! It's been an awesome 3 days together though! I love you guys! You made refreshing pages for 3 days fun!  :grouphug:

Quill

« Reply #1018 on: July 18, 2012, 02:10:26 PM »
Good News Everyone!! (well for you guys, not for my sisters though)
As you may have heard, I ordered 3 separate Ditzy Doos to the same address (one for me, the others for my sisters). Two of them were cancelled while the other one says "not shipped". Hasbro must be canceling multiple orders now, which means those who did not get one the first time have another chance to get her!!! I am just glad they did not completely cancel all of my orders!  ^^; :good:
Oh, that's a relief. I've been worried sick about my own order as well ever since I found out about the limit. So, so glad I made them separate orders. :D

I ordered a second one as a spur-of-the-moment sort of thing. Ordering the first one was so painless, I thought, why not? I could have two! One to open and an extra to keep MIB. But after seeing so many people having problems and missing out, I felt so freaking lousy about it (like I was a big fat pony hog) that I had made up my mind to sell my extra on the arena if I got her. I do apologize for being selfish... it's really not my nature. :redface:

I do wish everyone the best of luck when she goes back in stock. I hope you all get one!  :hug:

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #1019 on: July 18, 2012, 02:12:12 PM »
I'm waiting for my :muffin: Pony to arrive. I'm not sure if I'll be taking her out of her box or not.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal