collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: eBayers beware of this Surprise Twins Mommy + Twins lot before you bid!!  (Read 2862 times)

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
I believe the following eBay sellers to be the same person and a scammer: claireeliz1221 and molly_moo12.

Yesterday I won an auction for Surprise Twins Mommy and both babies for just under £55.  A total steal!  I think it was because she didn't mention the babies in the listing title and only the mom was pictured in the main photo.  Here is a link to the auction: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Surprise-Twins-My-Little-Pony-Ultra-Rare-/261505102752

Shortly after winning, I received this message from the seller:

Dear the_pink_pony,

Hi pink pony ,

I have just had a message for an offer of £80 for this pony I apologise I was literally just about to cancel the bidding

Claire

- claireeliz1221

The rest of our communications are in the spoiler if some of you wish to bypass this part.

Spoiler
I wrote back:

Dear claireeliz1221,

I understand what you are saying; unfortunately you are not allowed to cancel an auction once there are bids. 

Best regards,

- the_pink_pony

During this time I also sent payment for the pony to secure my winning bid (I hoped).

She responded:

Dear the_pink_pony,

Yes it can, in terms and conditions it says so. I canceled an expensive dress a few days ago also because I got offered more.

Sorry I will refund you the money right now .

Thanks

- claireeliz1221

So I say:

Dear claireeliz1221,

I don't know where you read this but I have been buying and selling on eBay for quite some time and can assure you this is not the case.  I will have to file a report with eBay if you do not hold up your end of the sale.  I hope you understand.

- the_pink_pony

She writes:

Dear the_pink_pony,

I will not . I have already contacted ebay sorry

- claireeliz1221

Then I get a message from eBay with a cancellation request, which I denied.  In this part I was supposed to send another message to the seller stating why I did not accept their cancellation.  For some reason eBay didn't send a copy of what I wrote, but it was something along the lines of "I won the auction fair and square and I did not ask or want to be refunded.  I, too, have sold items for less than what I was hoping to get but I had to hold up my end of the bargain."  So I sent payment again and again she refunded me, saying:

Dear the_pink_pony,

Hi. I have refunded you the full amount for a 2nd time as the pony is no longer for sale.

Kind Regards.

- claireeliz1221

I never responded to this last message, but left negative feedback: WARNING TO BUYERS: Sold item outside eBay after I won and paid. Unprofessional!

The long and short of it is that she refused to sell me the ponies in favour of someone else who had apparently offered her £80 for them.  I have to wait a total of eight days before opening up a case with eBay, but not long after that auction ended, I noticed a new listing for Surprise Twins Mommy and both babies: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MY-LITTLE-PONY-SURPRISE-TWINS-G1-VERY-RARE/221471475864?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D333008%26algo%3DRIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D22706%26meid%3D7776044554899736322%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D9178%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D261505102752

My first thought was, "Yay, another chance to win!"  But upon closer inspection, it appears that they are the exact same ponies from the exact same seller.  The blue baby even has the same missing spot of paint on her right ear.  Not only that, but both sellers are from Musselburgh and are both following one another on eBay.  To add insult to injury, if you look at the bidding history for both auctions, it seems that 2***m (134) is molly_moo12 and a***1 (83) is claireeliz1221, meaning that she is shill bidding on top of everything else. 

Please report this seller if you can spare a few minutes, and also be forewarned if you should decide to bid.  I found out after posting this on the Arena's Facebook page that the seller was sending messages to other bidders while the auction was still active asking them how much they'd be willing to pay for the ponies.  So not cool.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
Reported. Wow that is some nerve.  You absolutely cannot cancel an auction with bids a few minutes before it closes just because someone offers you more money.  To top it off- shill bidding and messaging people to find out their max price.  I'll be avoiding this seller like the plague.
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
I'm glad you left negative feedback!   

Gloomygirl777

• Trade Count: (0)
How can you report them?? I didn't know you could do that unless you had won one of their items....

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
Oh my goodness! So sorry to hear you are going through this! I tried to report her but maybe where I'm in the US and she doesn't post here, I can't seem to find the option. I've seen it several times but this auction doesn't have it for me.
Where in the world did she find it appropriate that you can not honor a sales and accept an offer outside of ebay? Sheesh...some people  :nuts:

Good luck Hun!

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
Oh my goodness! So sorry to hear you are going through this! I tried to report her but maybe where I'm in the US and she doesn't post here, I can't seem to find the option. I've seen it several times but this auction doesn't have it for me.
Where in the world did she find it appropriate that you can not honor a sales and accept an offer outside of ebay? Sheesh...some people  :nuts:

Good luck Hun!

Thanks.  The strange thing is that she obviously didn't sell this pony to another buyer for £80 since it's up again in a new listing.  I honestly don't know how she expected this to go unnoticed.  She didn't cover her tracks very well at all.  All it took was some minor digging.  Totally perplexed.
 -_-

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Thanks for coming to warn us!  :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Reported.

I can only do so on the active listing - the link is on the right above where the description starts.

Offline flying_narwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
What a terrible situation, I am so sorry you have to deal with this and miss out on a pony you won fair and square :( I have no idea where this seller is getting their terms and conditions from... Yes, you can end an auction early but there is a time limit after which you can no longer do so (I think within the last 24 or 12 hours?). Regardless she WAS in violation of eBay policy with your transaction. If they agreed to sell it outside of eBay that was obviously an infringement of the rules. But even if it was still on eBay, "offering to sell an item to a non-winning bidder without using Second Chance Offer" is not allowed, which seems to be the case here (from here: http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/rfe-spam-non-ebay-sale.html).

What is bizarre is that it was relisted... What happened to this other offer? Just suspicious all around :(

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
I think she was using it as an excuse to get out of the sale. Forward those emails where she admits to selling outside of ebay.

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Ugh. People who honor commitments are much more respectable than people like this. I hope they do something about your report.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
Yep. I'd forward those emails to ebay. This seller is in major violation of the TOS here.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
The active one I reported as shill.  If you click view original listing for the first one you can report that one.  Couldn't decide on that one, so I went with "suspect listing is fraudulent". 
:socks:   :frog:

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
Yep you can tell she is shill bidding...

on that fist auction the 2***m (134) has the exact same amount of feedback as Molly_Moo12 (134) and a***1 (83) has the exact same amount of feedback as claireeliz1221 (83)

sad
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Wow  :huh:

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony