collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Spreading the word about HQG1C?  (Read 29215 times)

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Spreading the word about HQG1C?
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2020, 10:26:36 AM »
Clipper - I sent you a message.  :)

Thanks for the link to the thread!

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2020, 11:21:50 AM »
I'm sorry they're not easily available internationally. Unfortunately our UK source had a box worth thousands get seized from customs and it was never recovered:( I do ship international. I'm happy to build a box or if people want to organize group orders to save on shipping, I can create a listing for them!

:yikes: I wondered why the UK store closed all of a sudden! That's awful! I'm so sorry to hear that :(

If anyone does want to do a group order, count me in - I probably can't do anything until next month, though.

(BTW I love Bella :) Maybe you could make a thread about her here or something to get the word out.. I didn't even know she existed until I found her on Instagram by chance. Ditto mint Kitty Love.)

And I definitely agree that there needs to be a central site or something, it's really difficult to find info on these since it's all scattered across different sites, most of which I don't have - or want to have - an account on (Facebook, etc).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2020, 11:35:11 AM »
I'm sorry they're not easily available internationally. Unfortunately our UK source had a box worth thousands get seized from customs and it was never recovered:( I do ship international. I'm happy to build a box or if people want to organize group orders to save on shipping, I can create a listing for them!

:yikes: I wondered why the UK store closed all of a sudden! That's awful! I'm so sorry to hear that :(

If anyone does want to do a group order, count me in - I probably can't do anything until next month, though.

(BTW I love Bella :) Maybe you could make a thread about her here or something to get the word out.. I didn't even know she existed until I found her on Instagram by chance. Ditto mint Kitty Love.)

And I definitely agree that there needs to be a central site or something, it's really difficult to find info on these since it's all scattered across different sites, most of which I don't have - or want to have - an account on (Facebook, etc).

yeah i felt sick when i read that, how horrible :( 1000's worth in ponies, that's enough to make one bankrupt. so wrong they were never retrieved.

carrehz; agree to one central place. i dislike facebook but i didn't realise i was missing out on sooo much so jointed solely for that and the retro basic fun's stuff. but a lot like me are still missing out on so much info, sales, new releases. i had no idea there was a unicorn boy until i went through old vidoes. been and gone  :sad:

i wonder how many people on the arena know about pretty bow from RAMC.

anyways as soon as my parcel arrives i will get photos up and share ;)

« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 10:40:49 AM by shabbychicdee »

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2020, 12:15:29 PM »
That's beyond screwed up with what happened at the UK location.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2020, 12:16:23 PM »
What?? A unicorn boy?!? I knew about Pretty Bow (definitely gonna order her ASAP!! I've wanted her in toy form since I first saw RaMC!), but not a unicorn boy :O

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2020, 01:18:13 PM »
I really appreciate this project and there are some that I really like, but unfortunately they are too expensive for me too. If they were "perfect" G1 ponies it would be different, but the eyes and hair don't look "real" enough for me to pay that amount of money. Please don't see this as criticism, they are wonderfully made, it's just a matter of personal taste. I really hope this project has a future! :heart:

(I have been thinking of ordering the blue cat though, I'm in love with her!)

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2020, 01:32:23 PM »
What?? A unicorn boy?!? I knew about Pretty Bow (definitely gonna order her ASAP!! I've wanted her in toy form since I first saw RaMC!), but not a unicorn boy :O

I believe that there are plans to make a unicorn boy but one hasn’t actually been made yet.

Offline Wysteria

• MOC Crazy!
  • Trade Count: (+118)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Katz Pony Shop
    • View Profile
    • http://www.katzponyshop.ecrater.com/
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2020, 03:29:25 PM »

I believe that there are plans to make a unicorn boy but one hasn’t actually been made yet.

You are correct, there were plans but he has not been made yet. Sadly people wanted boys but they're not selling as we'd hoped either. They take up alot of space to store, the shipping is expensive, and they're the most expensive to make.

Hopefully we will get to finish our farmer boy series eventually:)

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2020, 04:53:09 PM »
More pictures for the person who asked.

Newest pictures
Spoiler

Older pictures
Spoiler

Several of these earlier pics are of ponies with the curly hair after I've styled it a little bit.  The curly hair really looks like a mess sometimes when it comes out of the package but it is really easy to tame by combing around a finger or styling with the normal methods. 

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2020, 05:00:16 PM »
Wysteria - well, I'm glad to hear I didn't miss out on a unicorn boy, but I'm not glad to hear that the boys aren't selling well :( They're my favourite HQG1Cs! The only one I'm missing is Celebration, and that's cause I'm just not a fan of glittery things - if he'd been "normal" then I'd have snapped him up.

Those photos are gorgeous, Sunset! I'm jealous of y'all's hair styling skills ;)

Has anyone got any more photos of the Artistry Girls? I've been dying to order those.

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2020, 05:40:41 PM »
Oh, no! I remember the U.K. customs fiasco, but I didn't know that's why the U.K. seller shut down. Makes sense, though. I wonder where that box ended up? Probably in a landfill, depressingly enough.

Ooh, that's interesting about the variations! I didn't know that. That does make sense that they sell more. And aw no, poor Celebration! He's one of my favorites and was my first alongside Genie, I'm surprised to hear he isn't selling.

And I'm not trying to criticize you for lack of social media presence - I completely get that it's really, really difficult. I just think a bit more visibility could help the project, which is why I started this thread, so people could throw around ideas. I agree with others saying a central site aside from Facebook would be good too - I don't even have a Facebook account, I just use my mom's to see what's been posted.

(And eee, I'm glad to hear someone saw this thread and bought some! I'm so glad I could help in any way, no matter how small.)
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2020, 06:04:05 PM »

You are correct, there were plans but he has not been made yet. Sadly people wanted boys but they're not selling as we'd hoped either. They take up alot of space to store, the shipping is expensive, and they're the most expensive to make.

Hopefully we will get to finish our farmer boy series eventually:)

Maybe that is a case of people clamoring for things they want to see but not want to buy. I have Pepper Jack on my wantlist because not only is he green but twice as fancy!
I also love the customized molds such as the alternate Kitty Love or the Artistry Girls.
The rearing poses are also quite cool!

Maybe - for the future - you could tease upcoming designs via artwork and have people vote on what they would want to get the most? To get a little taste of what fans want. For instance, if I could see what is planned I could give better feedback. Do you already have designs in mind for the other Farmer Boys? I personally don't have facebook so I have no clue if you are sharing these infos or not.

For me it's always a question of "do I like the symbol, do I like the color combo?" Like the new Marina and Delphina look nice but I can't see such an artistic dolphin symbol on a G1 and both have that blue/white combo we have seen before. Then again Fair Feathers looked really sweet, like she could fit in with other water sitters Seashell and Bubbles, but she was an exclusive. I also super love the night and day twins for their twin theme but they are also exclusives and therefore more expensive. It's like most ponies I'd want are hard to get/pay for. That's just my personal problem and I'd love to vote on certain designs and show what pony interests me.

Right now I'd love to have a G2 unicorn or pegasus but if you made one that was orange with red hair and a heart symbol I wouldn't buy it because I dislike all of these things together.

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2020, 06:08:22 PM »
honestly, even just a small site with like, a list of all the ponies currently available, a little page for updates/news/etc, and a list of official stockists, with a note like "for more frequent updates/teaser photos/etc, please visit our Facebook/Instagram/etc" would be better than nothing :) Just a general "hub", something that's easy to navigate and doesn't require a membership.

(I'm glad to see I'm not the only one on here that doesn't have a Facebook account, lol.)

Oooh - I like the idea of voting on future designs, too. Hm, maybe we could have a survey or something like that, for people to give feedback on what they're into, what they'd be most likely to buy, that sort of thing? Maybe on Google Forms or something like that, in case people wanted to remain anonymous. Then you could try and figure out what sort of things are more/less popular? I know it wouldn't help for the current designs, but maybe it'd help for the future?

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2020, 06:16:19 PM »
I have sent two message on facebook today. I am interested in buying a few but no reply yet! I hope to get that sale price! What is a grade B pony?

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2020, 07:04:26 PM »
here is what i have so far, sitting waiting patently while their other hqg1c family members arrive from a long flight from the States :lol:

come on parcel, birthdays tomorrow :lol:

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal