collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Trouble with previewing PMs screenshot added  (Read 791 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Trouble with previewing PMs screenshot added
« on: April 01, 2015, 11:03:31 AM »
Hi,

I'm sending and receiving PMs just fine but when I get a notice that I have a new one and I click on View message at the top of the screen it overlays the message on top of the forum. I can't post a screen shot but I'll see something like this:

Hi,   
                                                                                                         Hope

You're
                                                                                                     having
                                                                                                      a great
                                                                                                      day!
It has only happened in the last couple of days. Is there a way to fix this?

Ponyfan

« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 03:59:10 PM by Ponyfan »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

shintoji

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Trouble with previewing PMs
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 11:15:17 AM »
this might seem odd, but have you checked to see if you have it zoomed in/out? i accidentally do stuff like that sometimes and it messes with the layout on things.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 11:27:23 AM »
I don't think I am zooming in or out. I did notice a plus sign next to the message but the only think I click on is "View Message" 

Ponyfan 

shintoji

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 11:37:24 AM »
I don't think I am zooming in or out. I did notice a plus sign next to the message but the only think I click on is "View Message" 

Ponyfan
are you using google chrome? if you are, check in the top righthand corner, and if its zoomed in or out there'll be a little symbol of a magnifying glass. click on it, and click "reset to default"if thats not it, im not entirely sure what it could be.

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 12:06:38 PM »
Maybe try clearing your cookies? I've never heard of this problem, and it's hard to diagnose with few details. A screenshot would be really helpful if you can get one.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 02:06:00 PM »
Thanks shintoji and Kiwi for trying to help. :) I'll try to give as many details as I can. I'm using Internet Explorer and don't have anything zoomed in. . It only happens when I have a new unread message and as soon as I click View All it goes to my Inbox and everything is normal.  Instead of it showing the preview of the message between the white space and the pink bar, I see the message on top of the right hand side of the forum on top of forum sections and categories. There is also a gray plus sign that appears next to the overlapping message that I've never seen before it started happening. How would I take a screenshot in Internet Explorer?

Ponyfan

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 02:13:34 PM »
(I apologize if anything is misspelled or worded strangely, I have a cold and my brain is muddled.)

There should be a printscreen (PrtSc) key on your keyboard, between your F12 and Delete keys. Press it once, then open a photo editor of your choice (Paint will work) and click 'paste'. From there you can resize and save your image.

I haven't used IE in a few years, but I remember having constant trouble with it. Did it update recently?
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 03:58:48 PM »
I'm still having the same problem. I tried to take a screenshot, I'm not sure If it will work.

This is what I see when I try to read a new message.

It worked, Thanks Sundown for telling me how to do it. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal