collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How did your ponysona get their cutie mark?  (Read 310 times)

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
How did your ponysona get their cutie mark?
« on: March 10, 2024, 09:21:36 AM »
Hello everyone,

I, like many others I presume, have a ponysona. He is me as a pony version. He is a white pegasus with blue hair and partially blue wings. His name is Duke Blue Skies (first name last name) and his cutie mark is three silver crowns. His special talent is collecting and the three crowns are a collection and a tribute to Lucia (the kingdom I made up where he comes from)

He got it one night, as he was laying in bed, looking of over his (mine) collection and felt so very happy. He never wanted to stop collecting and he loved his collection so much. That's when the mark appeared. The story may sound a little odd but I'm happy with it because the looking over the collection really happened.

So, who else has a cutie mark/cutie mark story? I would love to hear it :)

« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 07:28:04 AM by kingluke »
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: How did your ponysona get their cutie mark?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2024, 10:49:49 AM »
Well, not a story like yours. My ponysona is Belltock as seen in my avi and sig. His symbol is the symbol for uranium from the Periodic Table. I chose it because he can be dangerous and unstable (though he has mellowed out quite a bit - he's usually just grumpy these days).

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2024, 03:14:38 AM »
I grew up in a bad enviroment and used to spend the weekend nights outside roaming the woods and streets with the dog when things got too much at home. The only light, unless it was summer, was the moon. I was in my early twenties when I designed my persona but my mind was still very much locked in the teenage years. The moon is still a good comforter. The sword represent that I survived.

Offline kingluke

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2024, 06:49:10 AM »
Well, not a story like yours. My ponysona is Belltock as seen in my avi and sig. His symbol is the symbol for uranium from the Periodic Table. I chose it because he can be dangerous and unstable (though he has mellowed out quite a bit - he's usually just grumpy these days).

That is really cool. He has a cool design too :)

Post Merge: March 11, 2024, 06:50:05 AM

I grew up in a bad enviroment and used to spend the weekend nights outside roaming the woods and streets with the dog when things got too much at home. The only light, unless it was summer, was the moon. I was in my early twenties when I designed my persona but my mind was still very much locked in the teenage years. The moon is still a good comforter. The sword represent that I survived.

What a lovely story. I hope you keep feeling better :)
Lover of Windwhistler

Online Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2024, 07:42:40 AM »
I've had a couple different ponysonas. My first "real" one was Neko, with a black cat as a symbol. I love cats,  am a cat-ish person (not catty, lol) and yeah, that's kind of it for her.
My current ponysona, Shailatte, has a takeaway coffee mug as her symbol. I wouldn't survive without coffee and tea (plus YUM) so that's where that is from x)

(art by Hannah66665)

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline kingluke

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2024, 07:53:33 AM »
I've had a couple different ponysonas. My first "real" one was Neko, with a black cat as a symbol. I love cats,  am a cat-ish person (not catty, lol) and yeah, that's kind of it for her.
My current ponysona, Shailatte, has a takeaway coffee mug as her symbol. I wouldn't survive without coffee and tea (plus YUM) so that's where that is from x)

(art by Hannah66665)

They both sound like fun ponies. I really like your current design :)
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2024, 08:06:46 AM »
Mine is named Encore. Her sign is a "Segno" which is a musical notation telling musicians where to repeat a phrase, used with the letters "D.S"--Dal Segno--which means "from the sign."

I have always loved music and I know it has its own magical power so I designed Encore as an alicorn (way back when G4 first started, like 2011 maybe--I originally posted the pic of my custom in 2012 so it was definitely before that).  Her colors were inspired by G1 Medley.

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2024, 06:06:23 PM »
In my 20’s, I made up a ton of boy ponies in my art as Hasbro was sorely lacking male pony representation.  When I found the arena and learned about ponysonas, I just picked one I liked the most.  Gator fits in perfectly with the animal-themed Happy Tails ponies.  And, I’m from the southern USA, state of Georgia, known for its University of Georgia “bulldawgs”.  Even though I attended UGA, I hate Bulldawgs😆😆😆. UGA’s rival is the Florida Gators.  So picking Gator as my persona is also a snub to the Bulldawgs 😆😁. I used to joke when I was younger that whenever I got married, I would pick the date of the Georgia/Florida football game just to make my family mad!😆😆😆

Offline kingluke

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2024, 03:59:07 AM »
Mine is named Encore. Her sign is a "Segno" which is a musical notation telling musicians where to repeat a phrase, used with the letters "D.S"--Dal Segno--which means "from the sign."

I have always loved music and I know it has its own magical power so I designed Encore as an alicorn (way back when G4 first started, like 2011 maybe--I originally posted the pic of my custom in 2012 so it was definitely before that).  Her colors were inspired by G1 Medley.

Her cutie mark is so creative and I love that she is an alicorn :)

Post Merge: March 12, 2024, 04:00:12 AM

In my 20’s, I made up a ton of boy ponies in my art as Hasbro was sorely lacking male pony representation.  When I found the arena and learned about ponysonas, I just picked one I liked the most.  Gator fits in perfectly with the animal-themed Happy Tails ponies.  And, I’m from the southern USA, state of Georgia, known for its University of Georgia “bulldawgs”.  Even though I attended UGA, I hate Bulldawgs😆😆😆. UGA’s rival is the Florida Gators.  So picking Gator as my persona is also a snub to the Bulldawgs 😆😁. I used to joke when I was younger that whenever I got married, I would pick the date of the Georgia/Florida football game just to make my family mad!😆😆😆

Haha nice one. Your ponysona looks cool too :)
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2024, 04:39:51 AM »
When I first join I didn't have the idea of a ponysona. It just kind of happened. Seafoam here actually started out as my very first pony custom and since I didn't know what I was doing and wanted things to be simple... she doesn't have a traditional symbol though, her spots do loop on both flanks and wrap around her wings onto her back. She became my ponysona because someone said something after noticing I was creating her a few times more than any other pony XD

My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline kingluke

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2024, 11:25:17 AM »
When I first join I didn't have the idea of a ponysona. It just kind of happened. Seafoam here actually started out as my very first pony custom and since I didn't know what I was doing and wanted things to be simple... she doesn't have a traditional symbol though, her spots do loop on both flanks and wrap around her wings onto her back. She became my ponysona because someone said something after noticing I was creating her a few times more than any other pony XD

I really like her unique design.Looks great :)
Lover of Windwhistler

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal