collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are pony deals you missed out on?  (Read 2742 times)

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What are pony deals you missed out on?
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2020, 06:33:18 AM »
Well, consider me properly reformed  :blush:  I won't do it ever again.

You guys have all explained really well why it was a bad thing to do and it makes sense now. I guess I equated it to being at a yard sale, and someone had a basket of items with a sign saying $10 for the whole basket. Say, there's the VHS tape of Fresh Prince of Bel Air (just keeping with that as an example because I thought it was funny  :lol:) in the basket, and I want it. By offering $5 for just the tape, and figuring the yard sale host can still sell the basket of items for $10, I figured I'd be helping the seller out by buying one thing, but still allowing them the potential to make their same desired amount on the remaining basket items. Not trying to justify...just trying to convey where my thought process was coming from  and that it wasn't from a place of malevolence. I guess Ebay culture is just different than that of yard sales. Or perhaps the nature of selling collectables is different...maybe this is the first time I've dealt with buying anything on Ebay that is actually sought after.

Also, by doing what I did, there was the hope that if the lot didn't sell, the buyer would know I was interested in that piece and could possibly make arrangements to sell it in a separate BIN auction later.

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2020, 09:19:03 AM »
Back in November 2018, when I didn't have a single pony yet, I found a beautiful Wind Whistler put up for auction on eBay, with perfect pink hair and everything, but I got outbid literally during the last seconds, someone offered over £100 for her, for a brief second I was actually consireding trying to oudbid that but then I told myself "naw, I am not paying this much for a toy", and now I regret that decision. Luckily a few months ago I finally found a WW in great condition for about sixty euro but her hair isn't quite as pink as the other one's, as beautiful as it is. Sometimes I wonder how things would have gone if I had actually won that auction back then.
Inka Dinka Doo
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2020, 11:01:12 AM »

[/quote]

If it's an ebay lot, or any other type of auction site, then it would be a no go. If it's a private seller listing on a classified site in your country, I dunno what the rules are. But a magazine ad or online ad for pony sales is not the same as a proper auction listing, so unless it's set up on ebay with the option to buy individual items rather than a lot, it's not a good idea.
[/quote]

Yeah, you're right about ebay. I'm not sure on website outside of ebay, but i should have been clearer on the question.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 11:02:49 AM by kingluke »
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline pandabear_chan

• Trade Count: (+393)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://customsbypandabear.deviantart.com
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2020, 03:33:06 AM »
Exactly! Please check what you have, but then again, I love a good deal.
There's just no excuse to not be polite honestly. The seller i contacted was kind of to let me know the ponies were sold, so no hard feelings but people that can't do basic communication shouldn't really be sellers I think. (Or am I being to harsh here, idk?)
That version of bidding on yahoo sounds awful. i hope it doesn't happen to you.

No it's not harsh to say that people who can't communicate in a basic way shouldn't sell. The problem is that this behaviour cannot be blamed. And platforms that allow private selling don't care about the climate between their members at all. They say "be honest" but if nobody cares, what should happen? Nothing to be real.
Oh well I've had a few of these bidding wars. Getting my first Takara and my last one were the worst so far. But once you know it you can prepare. 

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2020, 05:27:55 AM »

No it's not harsh to say that people who can't communicate in a basic way shouldn't sell. The problem is that this behaviour cannot be blamed. And platforms that allow private selling don't care about the climate between their members at all. They say "be honest" but if nobody cares, what should happen? Nothing to be real.
Oh well I've had a few of these bidding wars. Getting my first Takara and my last one were the worst so far. But once you know it you can prepare.
[/quote]

Good to know i'm not being too harsh. This is so true. Who cares about buyers being ignored and sellers being stood up. As long as the website does well I suppose. I think I will stop looking at kijiji so often. Bad stuff happens there all the time. I was surprised at the fact Ii got a response. That shouldn't be the norm.

Being in the know is good. I'm glad you got yor takara's.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2020, 11:32:12 AM »
Missed out on Baby Drummer, and Baby Whirly Twirl from the same seller.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2020, 11:53:07 PM »
I missed out on a BIN lot on eBay which included Moon Jumper because, for some reason, my internet chose that precise moment to crash. And by the time it came back up the lot had of course been sold.

I think someone tried to offer a higher amount for a Mexican Cotton Candy to the seller, as they suddenly went very strange after I had won the auction and kept on telling me that the pony was in much worse condition than the photos showed and being very slow to respond to my messages. However they did eventually send her and I have always wondered because, in my opinion, she is actually good for a Mexican and I won her for a good price, being the only bidder. However I don't know for sure and perhaps they were just a really conscientious seller.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal