collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What do you do with you accessories?  (Read 1134 times)

Offline pony_magick

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
What do you do with you accessories?
« on: August 26, 2014, 04:29:49 PM »
Those of you that collect accessories what do you do with them? :huh: I don't have enough space to show them off with their pony plus I don't want to lose the little things like bottles, combs and rattles etc.

At the moment I've got most of them in 2 original G1 lunch boxes, a retro G1 lunch box and 2 lunch box sized boxes. But I have more to sort though and I've run out of storage options. I don't want to go and buy more G1 lunch boxes because they're expensive and postage to NZ seems to double the amount I pay for anything plus I can't find anything of similar size anywhere. I don't want to go out and get other pony lunch boxes because the only ones I can find here are G4 and I don't like mixing my generations and I only collect G1s.  :blush:  But I do like keeping them in a smallish container so going through them makes it easier then say a bigger container.

So what I'd like to know/see is what you do with your small accessories.
I am a Dreamer/So a Believer

My want list.

Offline ringlets_

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What do you do with you accessories?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 04:38:57 PM »
I like to use fishing/craft organizers.  I usually wrap soft-plastic items in tissue (charms, petites), but hard-plastic items (brushes, combs, etc) seem to be fine on their own.  Clothing and other larger sets I'll bag in Ziploc and put in small tote boxes. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://www.mlparena.com/gallery2/v/Collections/album105/
http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p117/ringlets_1
Current pony count 1,101 - 519 G1, 23 G2, 407 G3, 14 G3.5, 139 G4. Plus a lot of duplicates. Also doesn't include blind bags, petites, dream beauties, etc.

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 04:44:56 PM »
G1 accessories are in baggies in a box. The rest of them get lost in a big pile.
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline ooizza

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 04:50:12 PM »
I have mine in G1 lunch boxes too! They've overflowed to shoeboxes and a craft organizer or two :) I have some things in ziploc bags so I can ID them, but most items are loose and they are somewhat organized  :lol: I'd love to be able to display them but that won't be possible in the near future. I do have the high chairs, bassinets and some playpens displayed but combs and pony wear have been packed away. At one point I did have some pony wear displayed on some baits, but then I ran out of room so even the baits are in boxes!

I hope to get some inspiration from this thread! I'd love to see what everyone does with their accessories.

Offline pony_magick

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 04:59:24 PM »
I have to keep mine orgainsed so mine are all labeled in ziploc bags, that way if I add something to a pony I already have accessories for I just add them to the bag. I can't stand not knowing which brush belongs to which pony so I can't have them loose, especially if I happen to loose my collectors book with everything ticked off (I did loose it for about 2 years but I'd been on a pony hiatus so I wasn't too worried about it).

I know there're are lots of accessory collectors on here so I hope they'll pop in and help me find a solution or at least a few ideas to try out.

My want list.

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 05:39:07 PM »
Lately I just throw up my hands in dismay over my accessories. I've been cataloguing my collection and setting up the pony room, so everything's a bit of a mess. But everything will be bagged and labelled so I know what goes with which pony, and keep track of what I have. The bags all go in storage boxes. But I love setting up displays for holidays and such, and I always use accessories in those.

Elf

Offline cricket

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 05:46:57 PM »
I don't know that I can offer much more than what you're already doing.  :)  I find accessories are hard to manage but a must have in my collection!  I keep mine in plastic shoe boxes that I find at my local craft store.  Each pony's accessories are in a baggie labeled with her name.  Then I take all of the bagged accessories that belong to a group of ponies such as DNP, Happy Tails etc and put them in a bigger baggie labeled with the set name (I like to organize my collection by set).  Then I label the shoe box with all the sets of accessories that are in that box.  It makes it easy to find things and all of it stays organized by being in the baggies.  One day I will have my pony room back again and it will be wonderful to display my ponies with all of their accessories! 

Offline pony_magick

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 06:14:11 PM »
Cricket - I love the idea of then organising by set!! I didn't think of that - it would things MUCH easier to find instead of wading through all the bags to find a particular one... I might start doing that if nothing else.

My want list.

Offline sparkykandy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2014, 06:21:27 PM »
Has only a couple G4 ponies, but I have kept all the accessories that came with them.  The combs are in a drawer.  The ponies that came with hair decs are wearing them.  Sunset Shimmer is wearing her mask.  The animal friends that came with some of the ponies are being displayed along side the ponies that they came with.
Admin of a Cheritz fan forum.

Offline ajmeier55

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2014, 06:47:21 PM »
Throw them in a tub, someday I will go through them all....someday lol

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2014, 07:39:34 PM »
I sell them, lol!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2014, 01:34:38 PM »
Mine are all displayed with the appropriate pony :) It does mean you cant pack very many ponies on shelves sometimes but I find it the easiest option.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline drusilla

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Got to love ponies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.undead455.com
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2014, 01:46:10 PM »
i could not display them all with the pony, there are just to many ponies per shelf to have there accessories beside them.

i do have them all cataloged my ponies name in a ziploc bag each and that that set or 6 ponies lets say bags get stapled together. now repeat that how many times for how many ponies there are and per set.

my pony wear is also grouped the same way.

if i find a new part i need to a set i drop it in the bag named for that pony and tick it off in the g1 collectors book that came out.

i do have a bag of miscellaneous accessories, stuff i think is pony but not sure until i do research. plus once i pulled out the accessories for the north American ponies i then have to see if i need the double stuff for the overseas ponies. yeah... that is not fun to be honest i want to get rid of my extra stuff but am to afraid to trade it away in case i need it for the overseas / other country ponies.

am i making sense?

Ianthe99

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2014, 02:19:08 PM »
Mine are in G1 lunch boxes too!

Offline cricket

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2014, 03:40:24 PM »
Cricket - I love the idea of then organising by set!! I didn't think of that - it would things MUCH easier to find instead of wading through all the bags to find a particular one... I might start doing that if nothing else.

Woo hoo!  Glad I could help a little bit!  It's hard keeping a large collection organized. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal